New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

2 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Did they ever actually announce this ? or was it just speculation.

From what I  remember they hung notices around the stadium telling people they may be recorded/ show was being recorded for future release

Edited by RedHook

48 minutes ago, RedHook said:

Another project that could see a release was the 2016 Show at Dodger Stadium that I believe they announced was being filmed for future release as a DVD, Blu Ray.

The gig was filmed but they never announced anything. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RedHook said:

Another project that could see a release was the 2016 Show at Dodger Stadium that I believe they announced was being filmed for future release as a DVD, Blu Ray.

I just binged gnr after work and Houston tx, 2016 ‘catcher’  is my favorite version of that song ( Brian May’s demo a close second ) Axl sounds  great and I really heard Slash on that song for the first time, “The future is wide open” but in a great way!  Sorry if off topic 😐

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

Did't they film every show in the past? 

Maybe the crowd was filmed more at the LA Show. It's the only show I have heard that notices were posted about the filming

Edited by RedHook

17 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

Did't they film every show in the past? 

I think they keep the footage that's shown on the big screens, but that's different than having a show professionally filmed (the screen footage has fewer angles and is probably lesser quality)

1 hour ago, RedHook said:

Maybe the crowd was filmed more at the LA Show. It's the only show I have heard that notices were posted about the filming

Wasn't Toronto 2016 was also professionally filmed? 

• Like 1

I'm optimistic for a late 2019 or 2020 release. Many of these rumours are probably bullshit, but there has been a lot of smoke for there not to be something cooking. The biggest oddity, which has already been identified, is the fact that Guns hasn't posted on official channels since New Year's, which may lend credence to some speculations of a future announcement. However, the silence could simple coincide with the fact that the tour is now over and there is nothing to talk about for a while... The latter is probably correct, though i would imagine that there would be sporadic posts here and there to keep engagement levels up.

Coming off a massively successful reunion tour that had enough original members to satisfy the older fans, Guns N' Roses would be wise not to take too much time off. 

Not quite sure how the saying goes, but it's something like "you gotta stoke the fire while it's still hot". The band can't be idle to the point where everything they accomplished over the last 2 1/2 years is forgotten. I think as long as there's something new by the end of calendar year 2019, there'd be no serious momentum lost. Even if it's just a couple of new tunes for a soundtrack....they need something to maintain interest.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Coming off a massively successful reunion tour that had enough original members to satisfy the older fans, Guns N' Roses would be wise not to take too much time off. 

Not quite sure how the saying goes, but it's something like "you gotta stoke the fire while it's still hot". The band can't be idle to the point where everything they accomplished over the last 2 1/2 years is forgotten. I think as long as there's something new by the end of calendar year 2019, there'd be no serious momentum lost. Even if it's just a couple of new tunes for a soundtrack....they need something to maintain interest.

I always say you can't teach a leopard new spots. I'm afraid we'll have to burn that bridge when we come to it.

But then again maybe we shouldn't judge a book before it's hatched.

We all have opinions but if you open that can of worms then you're going to have to lie in it.

Hopefully they'll do a full 360 but at the end of the day we may be barking up the wrong horse.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I'm optimistic for a late 2019 or 2020 release. Many of these rumours are probably bullshit, but there has been a lot of smoke for there not to be something cooking. The biggest oddity, which has already been identified, is the fact that Guns hasn't posted on official channels since New Year's, which may lend credence to some speculations of a future announcement. However, the silence could simple coincide with the fact that the tour is now over and there is nothing to talk about for a while... The latter is probably correct, though i would imagine that there would be sporadic posts here and there to keep engagement levels up.

The silence speaks louder than words. They might not be touring right now but they still have a social media manager sitting in an office somewhere. Why is there no engagement with the fans, no contests, no tattoo Tuesdays or whatever? That's the smoking... Gun.