RussTCB

New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

How long until things fall into place regarding the next release? How long will we be waiting? Anybody optimistic that this year could see the release?

30 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

How long until things fall into place regarding the next release? How long will we be waiting? Anybody optimistic that this year could see the release?

I'm not.

I honestly can't see an album happening at all, let alone in 2019.

Would love to be suprised, though.

Edited by F*ck Fear
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm not.

I honestly can't see an album happening at all, let alone in 2019.

Would love to be suprised, though.

Same here. I just get the sense that with all of Guns activity since reuniting I don't think they went that much water to go under the bridge before putting out another record. I'm not sure how far along the record is though, is it older material with new players or is it a fresh slate..who knows!

• Like 1

If I were to guess at what a possible album would be like, I would say mostly Chinese Leftovers with Slash and Duff having added their take, and maybe a few new songs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Exactly,the only new release i could see coming is the reissue/remastered of CD with new versions with slash/duff included,sounds no promising at all.

Edited by Majestic Beast
  • Like 1

On 10.1.2019 at 1:14 PM, F*ck Fear said:

If I were to guess at what a possible album would be like, I would say mostly Chinese Leftovers with Slash and Duff having added their take, and maybe a few new songs.

It is by far the most likely scenario and in my opinion it's also the best scenario, cause that's the only possible way we could ever get a new release in a somewhat reasonable time. There's no way in hell Axl would release an album full of brand new material within 5 years. The only way we could get a new record within 5 years is IF it's mostly CD era material with the input of Slash and Duff of course.

I'm a fan of CD, so I don't mind that at all though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

It is by far the most likely scenario and in my opinion it's also the best scenario, cause that's the only possible way we could ever get a new release in a somewhat reasonable time. There's no way in hell Axl would release an album full of brand new material within 5 years. The only way we could get a new record within 5 years is IF it's mostly CD era material with the input of Slash and Duff of course.

I'm a fan of CD, so I don't mind that at all though.

I'm not going to lie, I'll take whatever I can get regarding 'new' material, but part of me wants to hear the Chinese stuff the way it was meant to be.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

On 10/01/2019 at 9:31 PM, Edward Nygma said:

Slash tour finishes in july and i cant understand what the others are going to be doing or passing the time for another 6 months. Theres no tour advertised and slash isnt one to sit idle. I think if anything happens will be by november. Slash could record parts on the road but i think if the band work on an album they will be in the studio together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm not going to lie, I'll take whatever I can get regarding 'new' material, but part of me wants to hear the Chinese stuff the way it was meant to be.

Sure, I'd like to hear it too, but mostly out of curiosity. In the end Slash is still my favorite living guitarist, even if his solo material doesn't do much for me. Neither does Buckethead's or Bumblefoot's solomaterial for that matter. But Axl tends to get the best out of the guitarists he works with so I'm sure as hell excited to hear Axl's and Slash's collaborations again. I'm sure that on the next album we'll hear Slash's best guitar solos since the UYI records.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Id be fine with whatever they put out. Just release stuff and move on to the next chapter. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, default_ said:

Id be fine with whatever they put out. Just release stuff and move on to the next chapter. 

^^ THIS ^^

On 10/01/2019 at 10:31 AM, Edward Nygma said:

Anybody optimistic that this year could see the release?

Well at least that's what I'm hoping for but we'll see. Hopefully something does come out.

• Like 1

Agreed. Guns tend to keep there cards close to there chest regarding most matters so..any news of that will be quite a way off and its only been 4-5 weeks since NITL tour finished.

im high as fuck right now but my guess it will take a few years to put together and release if it happens and it's happening. time is a relative of Axl

• Like 1

I have no doubt Axl, Slash and Duff will put out an album with the rest of the guys, but I know that is still a bit down the road.

I was really hoping for a live album or blu ray to commeneate the tour and now I'm starting to feel it won't happen and it is making me feel disappointed...

Stupid rumors and hype 😞😞

A live album...not sure I would buy it. New music is needed next.

Or the Perfect Crime movie.

On 2019-01-15 at 12:41 PM, F*ck Fear said:

We just have to hope that one day they will release a Chinese box with all the different versions out there. 

My favorite scenario would be that they release Chinese stuff without any additions from Slahs and Duff, and then they tour behind it. 

whatever we may prefer, if they release something, it's all good. it's not gonna suck with Slash, Axl, and Duff on anything they agree is good imo. I think Axl has the talent to pick the right parts to use on the right tunes that will make it Gn'R no matter what so that's good enough for me.

plus the 3 of them share a powerful musical chemistry and I think it means whatever they create together has more chance of being great. they balance one another naturally musically.

but yeah, the original CD ll with Robin, Bucket, and Brain would be great to hear on a box set one day. It will also be great to hear Slash and Duff fuckin' raping Axl material and vice versa on another Guns album and then Bucket emerges from time to time and suddenly there's an SRV styled solo that is played by a freak of nature.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

Hopefully the next post on their IG account is some sort of announcement.. they haven’t posted since NYE

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Hopefully the next post on their IG account is some sort of announcement.. they haven’t posted since NYE

Same thing for Facebook. They have been suspiciously quite. Not even a BTS post or those 'Sweet Child Saturdays' or whatever.

• Like 2

here is my take:  in the pre napster days (80/90's) bands released albums which they sold for $15-20 a cd and that is where they made most of their money.  The tour was a way to promote their album and therefore increase album sales.  They made money on tours, but this wasnt the big revenue driver.  The business model has completely switched, these days band release albums so they can tour/have a reason to tour, and they make their money on the tours/ticket sales/merch since they make next to nothing on album sales with Spotify and ways to get the music for free/next to nothing. 

Guns dont need a new album in order to tour and fill arena's and sometimes stadiums.  An album, while diehards will love it, will have almost a 100% probability of being slammed by the press when its compared to AFD (one of the greatest albums of all time) and UYI.  So unless they are confident they have something that can stand next to AFD, there really is no incentive to release music and get your balls kicked in by the media and general public. 

The hype around a new album will be insane and expectation will be unreachable.  Even if they release a solid album, they arent going to sell more tickets to shows and they will not make any money from the actual album.  At the end of the day, the general public wants to see and hear the old hits live and if they take a year off and start a 30yr UYI tour as a reason to go out, they will still sell out arena's and make a shit ton of money and not have the negativity surrounding the new album hanging over their heads.  If I were them personally, I would not release anything, because why risk it, why give yourself a new headache, just keep touring, people will keep coming as has been proven by endless tours without new music for the past 18 yrs.

Our best shot at new music is that Slash cant sit idle and will keep writing, so if Axl feels inspired and wants to take that risk and jump on the bandwagon we might have something, otherwise Slash will just keep writing for SMKC, touring with SMKC and going out with GNR every few years for a swing around the globe.

10 minutes ago, Liva said:

here is my take:  in the pre napster days (80/90's) bands released albums which they sold for $15-20 a cd and that is where they made most of their money.  The tour was a way to promote their album and therefore increase album sales.  They made money on tours, but this wasnt the big revenue driver.  The business model has completely switched, these days band release albums so they can tour/have a reason to tour, and they make their money on the tours/ticket sales/merch since they make next to nothing on album sales with Spotify and ways to get the music for free/next to nothing. 

Guns dont need a new album in order to tour and fill arena's and sometimes stadiums.  An album, while diehards will love it, will have almost a 100% probability of being slammed by the press when its compared to AFD (one of the greatest albums of all time) and UYI.  So unless they are confident they have something that can stand next to AFD, there really is no incentive to release music and get your balls kicked in by the media and general public. 

The hype around a new album will be insane and expectation will be unreachable.  Even if they release a solid album, they arent going to sell more tickets to shows and they will not make any money from the actual album.  At the end of the day, the general public wants to see and hear the old hits live and if they take a year off and start a 30yr UYI tour as a reason to go out, they will still sell out arena's and make a shit ton of money and not have the negativity surrounding the new album hanging over their heads.  If I were them personally, I would not release anything, because why risk it, why give yourself a new headache, just keep touring, people will keep coming as has been proven by endless tours without new music for the past 18 yrs.

Our best shot at new music is that Slash cant sit idle and will keep writing, so if Axl feels inspired and wants to take that risk and jump on the bandwagon we might have something, otherwise Slash will just keep writing for SMKC, touring with SMKC and going out with GNR every few years for a swing around the globe.

So, you think Axl won't release it until he is dead ? Possible. Axl should sell the double album for the highest bid.