New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

6 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Coming off a massively successful reunion tour that had enough original members to satisfy the older fans, Guns N' Roses would be wise not to take too much time off. 

Not quite sure how the saying goes, but it's something like "you gotta stoke the fire while it's still hot". The band can't be idle to the point where everything they accomplished over the last 2 1/2 years is forgotten. I think as long as there's something new by the end of calendar year 2019, there'd be no serious momentum lost. Even if it's just a couple of new tunes for a soundtrack....they need something to maintain interest.

That's my thoughts exactly. The longer they sit and do nothing the less likely people are going to remain interested. Our attention span in the U.S. is good for a few months and that is being generous. The time to release a new album was when they were selling out stadiums, but they never seem to strike when the iron is hot. 

They should at least release a live album from the NITL tour. It would do pretty well since a lot of GNR fans buy physical copies still. That is a simple project and would be a money maker and be the first Axl and Slash GNR related album in 20 years (Live Era). It would get them back in the public eye for a while until possibly a new album in 2020. Seems like a no brainer to me, but... that probably means it won't happen. Axl had plenty of great vocal performances for them to swap some verses and stuff around. The rest of the band wouldn't need much editing and such.

It's gotten to the point where I'd be genuinely surprised if there was a new record. I get this impression that none of the trio are genuinely interested in one and that relations aren't completely rosy regarding actually getting in a room and putting stuff together. I badly want to be proved wrong however, but am putting more stock in leaks. 

9 hours ago, DK6 said:

I have zero interest in the AFD5 touring and playing the same songs until they're in their 90's. 

I think the only possible way for GNR to move forward is to write new music. 

That is now probably the only thing that is going to get me really excited.

I am just saying that would get me off more than music from this lineup. The classic band was my favorite and of all time and I just feel like they have unfinished business. They have enough songs that they haven't played and could change things around enough to keep it fresh. They could also release new music just as easily as this half a circus can. It would probably be  better too. It might take a bit longer but would be worth it to me. 

Why do I have be a part of the the most tortured fanbase in the history of music?

At least my #2 band has put out new/“new” material often since 1984. Even through addictions and tragedy. And it’s really too bad for GNR that they are often compared to Metallica. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Edward Nygma said:

So its only like 6-7 weeks since the last show but do you guys think Guns will head out on tour in the summer or will Guns not resurface on tour until they release a record?

I feel like we'd have already heard about a summer tour by now. I'm predicting that we're not getting anything aside from a few posts on social media this year. The band always goes silent after a tour. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Edward Nygma said:

So its only like 6-7 weeks since the last show but do you guys think Guns will head out on tour in the summer or will Guns not resurface on tour until they release a record?

Eh... Who knows it could go any way! 

You're basically asking us to predict the way the wind is going to blow next week.

Gnr can and will do whatever they like, what we think/hope they do is really of no consequence to them. They care not!

Anyway, 99.9% of the people on here say 'no more touring 'til a new record is ready and in the hands if the label for imminent release'... Unfortunately well over half would do cart wheels if GNR announced the next leg of NITL... Which is a big reason why GNR have toured and toured, and toured for 10 years without having to release a new album.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Eh... Who knows it could go any way! 

You're basically asking us to predict the way the wind is going to blow next week.

Gnr can and will do whatever they like, what we think/hope they do is really of no consequence to them. They care not!

Anyway, 99.9% of the people on here say 'no more touring 'til a new record is ready and in the hands if the label for imminent release'... Unfortunately well over half would do cart wheels if GNR announced the next leg of NITL... Which is a big reason why GNR have toured and toured, and toured for 10 years without having to release a new album.

Boy have I got news for you - They can predict the way the wind blows next week!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, DK6 said:

Boy have I got news for you - They can predict the way the wind blows next week!!

Yep, you got me...

But no... Someone who's trained can work out weather patterns etc, you or I depend on getting information from somewhere... So "they" can, but I'm guessing you're not out there with your finger in the air, estimating what part of the garden to put your washing line up to dry that Ashba swag duvet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Please, no more touring without new music...

Why does that matter to you? You don't have to go see them. It'd be better to tour w/o new music than to do nothing at all.

Touring isn't preventing them from creating new music. If they want to, they will. If they don't they won't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thunderram said:

Why does that matter to you? You don't have to go see them. It'd be better to tour w/o new music than to do nothing at all.

Touring isn't preventing them from creating new music. If they want to, they will. If they don't they won't.

It matters to a lot of fans (myself included) because the continued touring without new material to support it further cements them closer to a legacy act and further away from relevancy. Many would argue this has already happened a long time ago.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, thunderram said:

That is how I feel.. They could have recorded and written plenty of music during their 2 1/2 year tour of they wanted to. Maybe they did.. Who knows? Plus there are still plenty of songs from the classic era that they could play to mix it up and keep it fresh.. If they wanted to that is....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

only way they can tour again without new music and maintain any ounce of integrity is if izzy and steve are there... and even at that

While I would love Steven and Izzy back more than anything, they could still successfully tour.. Maybe not Stadiums but they could certainly play sold out Arena's. Multiple nights in some markets.. Especially if they lowered their ticket prices a bit. 

Too lazy to see if this was already posted, but how crazy would it be if:

AC/DC records an album with Brian, Cliff, and maybe Phil, but tours with Axl, Chris, and [bassist?]

Then GNR records an album with guest spots by Izzy (backup vocals) and maybe a Steven track, but we never see those two on the road?

Unlikely, and yet... not out of the realm of possibilities with these bands.

5 hours ago, G-Money said:

Too lazy to see if this was already posted, but how crazy would it be if:

AC/DC records an album with Brian, Cliff, and maybe Phil, but tours with Axl, Chris, and [bassist?]

Then GNR records an album with guest spots by Izzy (backup vocals) and maybe a Steven track, but we never see those two on the road?

Unlikely, and yet... not out of the realm of possibilities with these bands.

Did you take a bong hit before you came up with that scenario? ;) Not that it couldn't happen.. Just outside the box lol

• Haha 1