RussTCB

New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

7 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

holy shit how did this thread get from rumour to touring vs album back to looney toons 

i feel like i just went on a rollercoaster 

"Insiders", what a joke!

1 hour ago, jafeijo said:

However, on a positive side, the solo releases might be a strategy from the guys to give the Redhead a subtle sign or wathever.

Yes, that worked very well with the first Snakepit album.

Edited by Chuzeville

17 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Did you take a bong hit before you came up with that scenario? ;) Not that it couldn't happen.. Just outside the box lol

Being a fan of either band and ensuing drama is a hit of something in itself.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Legendador said:

They could come up with a festival type like Ozzfest.

That would be cool. Gunsfest or something like that.

4 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Something like "Crüefest" would be cool, have GNR, SMKC, and 3-4 other bands.

• Like 1

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Something like "Crüefest" would be cool, have GNR, SMKC, and 3-4 other bands.

That would be a great opportunity to have Gilby, Matt, Steven, etc make guest appearances and perform with their own bands.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That would be a great opportunity to have Gilby, Matt, Steven, etc make guest appearances and perform with their own bands.

Very true, although I don't see Matt making any appearances whatsoever with this lineup. Same with Izzy unfortunately...

Edited by Gordon Comstock

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Very true, although I don't see Matt making any appearances whatsoever with this lineup. Same with Izzy unfortunately...

I feel the same way unfortunately. Although the more I think about it, I think it'd be pretty cool to at least have gilby back. I'm okay with him, Fortus and Slash all playing together. That'd be cool with me, not as cool as Gilby with Izzy or just Izzy period haha. I would absolutely love Matt back though. I think he'd go really well with Fortus. They have a good mix of blues and metal, I think that'd be better than Frank. Frank isn't bad, just doesn't seem to play nice with Slash and Duff for some reason. 

1 hour ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

I feel the same way unfortunately. Although the more I think about it, I think it'd be pretty cool to at least have gilby back. I'm okay with him, Fortus and Slash all playing together. That'd be cool with me, not as cool as Gilby with Izzy or just Izzy period haha. I would absolutely love Matt back though. I think he'd go really well with Fortus. They have a good mix of blues and metal, I think that'd be better than Frank. Frank isn't bad, just doesn't seem to play nice with Slash and Duff for some reason. 

The way this band does things, if they brought Gilby in for a guest spot it'd probably be KOHD and maybe one of Duff's TSI? songs. :lol:

But I agree, it'd be interesting to hear him with Richard and Slash. I always liked the '3 guitarists thing' in the CD era. Matt would also be cool to hear (if I could pick one song, please let him play Estranged properly). But the thing with Frank is that he's gotten worse since Slash and Duff came back and it seems to be, at least partially, their fault. The tempos and feel were better in 2009-10, even if his drumming style wasn't perfect, it was noticeably better than 2016-18. IMO he sounds more like a metal drummer than he used to and GNR don't need a metal drummer.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Teach me your ways of optimism, master.

I figure there is no point in getting my hopes up completely but anything can happen. But having low expectations means everything can be good and solid. It is why I had very few issues with GNR when i saw them on their last tour, the only truely weak song I heard was TIL the second time I saw them everything else was great for Axl being in his 50's

57 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The way this band does things, if they brought Gilby in for a guest spot it'd probably be KOHD and maybe one of Duff's TSI? songs. :lol:

But I agree, it'd be interesting to hear him with Richard and Slash. I always liked the '3 guitarists thing' in the CD era. Matt would also be cool to hear (if I could pick one song, please let him play Estranged properly). But the thing with Frank is that he's gotten worse since Slash and Duff came back and it seems to be, at least partially, their fault. The tempos and feel were better in 2009-10, even if his drumming style wasn't perfect, it was noticeably better than 2016-18. IMO he sounds more like a metal drummer than he used to and GNR don't need a metal drummer.

Nah Gilby would come out for Wild Horses or another Rolling Stones cover and that's it haha

27 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Nah Gilby would come out for Wild Horses or another Rolling Stones cover and that's it haha

I selfishly don't want them to play Dead Flowers again because I was at the last show where they played it in 2012 with Izzy... maybe they could bring Gilby out to play rhythm on Wish You Were Here? :lol:

35 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I selfishly don't want them to play Dead Flowers again because I was at the last show where they played it in 2012 with Izzy... maybe they could bring Gilby out to play rhythm on Wish You Were Here? :lol:

They should really fuck with people and bring him out to play a CD song :lol:

Realistically though, I'd want to see Gilby guest on either Patience or Nightrain. He always did really well on those songs. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Having a festival with all of the past Guns members and their projects would be so cool, especially if they come on for guest spots during Guns' set. They could even have a RNRHOF ceremony style jam where a super-lineup play Paradise City.

That would be awesome, which means it would never happen.

7 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Having a festival with all of the past Guns members and their projects would be so cool, especially if they come on for guest spots during Guns' set. They could even have a RNRHOF ceremony style jam where a super-lineup play Paradise City.

Would be great but it will look like some kind of travelling circus 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BadApples99 said:

Would be great but it will look like some kind of travelling circus 

The 2002 Tour .... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hitmanhart408 said:

start at about 2:00

Gotta give him credit for always being hopeful lol not that his hopefulness has ever panned out in terms of a new guns record lol

I glanced at the calendar this morning and saw January 31...

My first thought was IT'S STILL JANUARY!  WTF this band.

I've gone insane.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are so dry on news and music that Bret Buchanan is writing puff pieces about the Sorry vocal stems with Axl and Seb, and other sites claim it to be a lost, unreleased track. Haha.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, kever20 said:

We are so dry on news and music that Bret Buchanan is writing puff pieces about the Sorry vocal stems with Axl and Seb, and other sites claim it to be a lost, unreleased track. Haha.

I saw that and couldn't believe it. Baz's vocals are on the album, they're just buried in the mix.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hitmanhart408 said:

start at about 2:00

The way he says it makes me believe the band is really doing something right now. Not that I expect anything but, you know. 

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by default_
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I saw that and couldn't believe it. Baz's vocals are on the album, they're just buried in the mix.

I wouldn't even say they're buried. His obviously autotuned vocals are very audible. I guess some oohs and ahhs are kind of buried.

• Like 1