New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

14 hours ago, RussTCB said:

They already had to step down to arenas on their last run through the US. If they chose to tour again without a new album, they can probably do arenas again though.

They didn't have to step down. It was winter, so they couldn't play outdoor stadiums

• Like 3

Maybe people are getting burnt out, that is why they are doing arenas. You can only do so much touring continuously without pulling back a bit. A lot of the legendary acts that do stadiums don't do it continuously and if they did, they would end up eventually doing residencies in Las Vegas because they wouldn't be able to fill arenas. 

On 2/2/2019 at 8:12 AM, RussTCB said:

And does that explain all of the arena shows that weren't sold out? 

I would have to say that was due to the ticket prices more than anything.. I don't think there is anyway Guns don't sell out an arena with ticket prices that are on this planet.  

Ticket prices still being crazy high and hitting the same markets back to back. No idea why they hit most of the same areas on the arena tour as they already hit on the stadium leg, 6-12 months apart. For mostly the same prices. You'd think the arena tour would have been in markets they didn't get to the first time around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grouse said:

Where did the thread about the possible slash and duff Madagascar version go? 

It was deleted within a couple of minutes, some guy was talking about how a video for it would possibly be released late february...

He was obviously full of shit, so the thread was removed. 

• Like 3

On 2/1/2019 at 10:33 AM, MidnightToker said:

"I've got this record with the Guns N Roses guys that hopefully we'll get out soon." -- that's the clearest indication I've heard yet that they are actually working on something. 

That's still pretty similar to what he's said in the past though. I wouldn't put stock in anything unless it's said (in a definitive manner) by Slash or Duff or Axl.

18 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's still pretty similar to what he's said in the past though. I wouldn't put stock in anything unless it's said (in a definitive manner) by Slash or Duff or Axl.

Considering Frank has been in LA a lot recently or living there at the moment, seen out with Duff a few times, and Slash will be back next month while Alter Bridge starts recording their next album, there is some glimmer of hope that they may actually be in the studio working on stuff

6 minutes ago, grkgunner said:

Considering Frank has been in LA a lot recently or living there at the moment, seen out with Duff a few times, and Slash will be back next month while Alter Bridge starts recording their next album, there is some glimmer of hope that they may actually be in the studio working on stuff

Sure, but there's a difference between hope that they're working on stuff and actual confirmation that they're doing something. Slash only has one month (April) off from his tour so maybe he could meet up with them during that time but I don't think he's going to commit to anything until after August when his tour is over. Duff will be available around then also. Based on what Slash has said in past interviews I don't think they're going to really focus on any GnR stuff until later this year.

Maybe fall 2019 maybe we'll get an active GNR with tour dates in markets they skipped over the last three years. Saying that they would have to be some tour branding with the name & I believe any future Guns tour will half to top NITL tour in terms of dates & gross. Or simply release some new music and then tour of the album name.

I was hoping slash would be returning to work with gnr second half this year and not continue touring with SMKC. I rather Myles with alterbridge and Slash with Guns anyday.

Saying that i would love for slash to adopt and bring Brent Fitz to GNR to be their drummer.

On 12/2/2018 at 11:43 AM, Towelie said:

I actually think a live album is even less likely than a new studio album at this stage. Surely Axl wouldn't have the gall to officially release a fully mixed and mastered soundboard quality recording of his live vocals from the last 2 years? That's a surefire way to make sure everyone outside of the hardcore fanbase knows that his live voice is shot.

Meh... most live records aren't "live" anyway so, I'm sure Axl would just touch them up in the studio.

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

It's probably absolute nonsense, but someone on Reddit is claiming to have seen a new video for Madagascar, featuring Slash and Duff. Claims a re-recorded CD is coming out, called "Chinese Democracy Retribution". Take with large bucket of salt. 

I think they were on here a few days ago and were regarded as 'full of shit' so the thread was removed. 

Probably one of the usual suspects......

• Like 2