New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:45 AM, RussTCB said:

They already had to step down to arenas on their last run through the US. If they chose to tour again without a new album, they can probably do arenas again though.

Well wasn't the US arena leg in Oct/November too?  Woulda been dicey doing a stadium that late in the fall.

11 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

It's probably absolute nonsense, but someone on Reddit is claiming to have seen a new video for Madagascar, featuring Slash and Duff. Claims a re-recorded CD is coming out, called "Chinese Democracy Retribution". Take with large bucket of salt. 

That would be such at terrible idea even if it was true. CD is what it is and history won’t change that. Fair enough add them to the unreleased stuff or if they have worked on some existing material, add it to bonus stuff in a CD box.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

It's probably absolute nonsense, but someone on Reddit is claiming to have seen a new video for Madagascar, featuring Slash and Duff. Claims a re-recorded CD is coming out, called "Chinese Democracy Retribution". Take with large bucket of salt. 

You have a link buddy?

37 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I actually think this could be an amazing idea, but it would have to be more than just the 14 tracks on the original Chinese imo 

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

That would be such at terrible idea even if it was true. CD is what it is and history won’t change that. Fair enough add them to the unreleased stuff or if they have worked on some existing material, add it to bonus stuff in a CD box.

Definitely agree. After all the time it took Axl to put the album together, redoing it yet again after it's release doesn't make any sense, and would be pretty unlikely even for this band. 1 or 2 re-recordings would be nice bonus tracks for a compilation, but why do that when there's at least another entire album collecting dust in the vault?

• Like 1

There will be no new Guns tour before a new album drops. Axl toured for years after after CD dropped to make up for lost costs both personally and business wise. When the Azoff deal went south, he had to continue to tour in order to fulfill obligations. This entire reunion fell into place by chance and it gave 3 of the guys the opportunity to play those songs again that they wrote to a worldwide audience. Slash will not be touring and playing the same set list with the same songs again for another 2 plus years. This isn’t the 1999-2008 period anymore. I’m sure we are all aware that A LOT has changed since then. All signs are still pointing to a fall/winter release as well as Axl guesting for a few songs on Angus’ next album. 

• GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

There will be no new Guns tour before a new album drops. Axl toured for years after after CD dropped to make up for lost costs both personally and business wise. When the Azoff deal went south, he had to continue to tour in order to fulfill obligations. This entire reunion fell into place by chance and it gave 3 of the guys the opportunity to play those songs again that they wrote to a worldwide audience. Slash will not be touring and playing the same set list with the same songs again for another 2 plus years. This isn’t the 1999-2008 period anymore. I’m sure we are all aware that A LOT has changed since then. All signs are still pointing to a fall/winter release as well as Axl guesting for a few songs on Angus’ next album. 

I still think this year is possible for an album release. Duff can only tour so much , if at all with his release, 4tus with his other project. For these guys its just filling in time for whatever comes next once skmc is finished.

Edited by Sydney Fan

15 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Great post. But what are these signs for a Fall/Winter release? Isn’t it all circumstantial?

I wouldn't know how to handle the disappointment if there really will be a new GNR album and it sucks.

Like, if it is an uninspired rehash of yesterdays or some mishmash with no vision or direction, clearly only existing to justify more touring.

I am kinda afraid of this. 

I don't think a new album will suck, but some tracks on it very well could, of course, likely a matter of taste just like with CD with songs like Scraped, Riad, IRS, etc. We have heard bits of Jackie Chan and The General, JChan sounded pretty good, The General sounds awesome.  They had Bumblefoot play on newer versions of Silkworms and Oh My God, so that tells me those are the weaker tracks out of the "CD2" pool as they will (hopefully) keep Buckethead on the "big guns" most of us have yet to hear.

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Its Tino said:

Great post. But what are these signs for a Fall/Winter release? Isn’t it all circumstantial?

Not trying to be cryptic but the writing is on the wall. Unless something completely catastrophic happens, we should all expect to hear new music (in some form) by either the end of the year or the very beginning of next year. 

Just now, megaguns1982 said:

If the big three are still chasing the $, I’d suggest a new album will be nothing but strait rock songs and a couple of power ballads. I wouldn’t even care if they bought in some outside writers like Aerosmith did. Get GNR back in the charts and on the radio.

The only way they're making major cash is from touring. Physical albums don't sell anymore and artists get fuck all from streaming. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

The only way they're making major cash is from touring. Physical albums don't sell anymore and artists get fuck all from streaming. 

They’ll need new music to pack out stadiums again... without new music, the only way they’ll fill stadiums is if they bill the next tour as a farewell.

some radio friendly songs will ensure they get enough new fans and keep the old ones happy that they can keep making that major cash.

otherwise it’ll be Vegas residencies and arenas. the amount of people the band has on the payroll, they’ll need to play the big stadiums again

• Like 1