New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

I'm hoping Slash & Duff bring to the table there own songs for the next record. Slash's 'Living The Dream' is the only one of his solo records & conspirators records that I haven't gone back and revisited due its quality which I feel is below par compared to the rest...so I'm hoping whatever Slash brings to recordings is better in quality than 'Living The Dream' which has created some doubt in my mind. Probably reaching to far but if Izzy sat in the writing/creative process like he did with 'The Project' I feel we could get some great material for the next record. With songs like 'Better' & 'TWAT' from the CD era content, I'm hoping there's a few gems left from that era that could be brought forward onto the next record. You'd think that the next record really has to deliver for them to capitalize on and maybe we could get another couple of albums after the next record arrives.

17 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

They’ll need new music to pack out stadiums again... without new music, the only way they’ll fill stadiums is if they bill the next tour as a farewell.

some radio friendly songs will ensure they get enough new fans and keep the old ones happy that they can keep making that major cash.

otherwise it’ll be Vegas residencies and arenas. the amount of people the band has on the payroll, they’ll need to play the big stadiums again

I think they could still do stadium tours in Europe and Brazil, in the US they couldn't  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I think they could still do stadium tours in Europe and Brazil, in the US they couldn't  

Not in Australia either unless they just do Sydney and Melbourne.

could they even do stadiums again in the US with new music?

Edited by megaguns1982
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

I'm hoping Slash & Duff bring to the table there own songs for the next record. Slash's 'Living The Dream' is the only one of his solo records & conspirators records that I haven't gone back and revisited due its quality which I feel is below par compared to the rest...so I'm hoping whatever Slash brings to recordings is better in quality than 'Living The Dream' which has created some doubt in my mind. Probably reaching to far but if Izzy sat in the writing/creative process like he did with 'The Project' I feel we could get some great material for the next record. With songs like 'Better' & 'TWAT' from the CD era content, I'm hoping there's a few gems left from that era that could be brought forward onto the next record. You'd think that the next record really has to deliver for them to capitalize on and maybe we could get another couple of albums after the next record arrives.

Slash has said he has riffs and ideas sidelined for GNR so must ‘feel’ different to his solo stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

If the big three are still chasing the $, I’d suggest a new album will be nothing but strait rock songs and a couple of power ballads. I wouldn’t even care if they bought in some outside writers like Aerosmith did. Get GNR back in the charts and on the radio.

Nòooooooooooooooooo!!! The only outside writers should be izzy. If you want a guns version of "dont want to miss a thing" more power to you but not me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Nòooooooooooooooooo!!! The only outside writers should be izzy. If you want a guns version of "dont want to miss a thing" more power to you but not me.

I like “I don’t wanna miss a thing” it doesn’t matter to me who wrote what as long as it sounds good, although I do agree that having Izzy on board for writing would be epic.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Nah, there shouldn't be a Wayne's World 3 to begin with. I love the movies, but they so belong in the 90s, wouldn't work at all in this day and age, imo.

It can be done, you just need to flip the script on em somewhat.  Our movie begins with Garth Algar being led to execution, having been captured by Allied Forces in Syria following his radicalisation and joining ISIS.  Wayne watches from TV as Garth is led to his death and, aged 50, starts to look at his life and the choices he has made since we last left him.  He still lives in his parents basement but since the death of television and his parents he lives alone, single, no friends to speak of, doing a one man youtube show watched on average by 2 our of his 8 subscribers.  The rest of the movie sort of follows Wayne around Aurora Illnois in the grip of a crippling depression, from cars to bars to supermarkets, Gods Lonely Man, Wayne Campbell, as he searches for meaning and purpose in his life.  He gradually turns to politics, becoming an ardent Trump admirer in a MAGA hat, growing increasingly suspicious of blacks and latinos.  Slowly he begins to prepare, arm himself, for 'the day'.  The movie ends as Wayne, armed to the teeth and wearing a black trenchcoat, strolls into Aurora Elementary School...

Perhaps a few song and dance numbers somewhere to grab the girls in :lol:  'I like Illnois in June...how about yooooou?' :lol:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

It can be done, you just need to flip the script on em somewhat.  Our movie begins with Garth Algar being led to execution, having been captured by Allied Forces in Syria following his radicalisation and joining ISIS.  Wayne watches from TV as Garth is led to his death and, aged 50, starts to look at his life and the choices he has made since we last left him.  He still lives in his parents basement but since the death of television and his parents he lives alone, single, no friends to speak of, doing a one man youtube show watched on average by 2 our of his 8 subscribers.  The rest of the movie sort of follows Wayne around Aurora Illnois in the grip of a crippling depression, from cars to bars to supermarkets, Gods Lonely Man, Wayne Campbell, as he searches for meaning and purpose in his life.  He gradually turns to politics, becoming an ardent Trump admirer in a MAGA hat, growing increasingly suspicious of blacks and latinos.  Slowly he begins to prepare, arm himself, for 'the day'.  The movie ends as Wayne, armed to the teeth and wearing a black trenchcoat, strolls into Aurora Elementary School...

Perhaps a few song and dance numbers somewhere to grab the girls in :lol:  'I like Illnois in June...how about yooooou?' :lol:

I can't think of any kind of reply to this. Wayne's World 3, alrighty then. :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I think it's important to note that they can still live comfortably playing arenas. They were making $1M-$3M a night playing US arenas in 2017 

They could still live comfortably doing literally nothing (no tours, no music, no merch) for the rest of their lives. Well, the hired guns would have to find new work, but it wouldn't be tough and I'm betting they're in pretty solid financial places too.

18 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

They could still live comfortably doing literally nothing (no tours, no music, no merch) for the rest of their lives. Well, the hired guns would have to find new work, but it wouldn't be tough and I'm betting they're in pretty solid financial places too.

I agree with this. At this point if they do anything it will be their way of doing something for the fans  and hopefully continuing the legacy and going out on a high note

1 hour ago, The Dissident said:

Loudwire posted that the band is going into the studio when Slash has his break from touring for an album. 

Loudwire is quoting another story where they quoted Richard saying he hopes they go into the studio. 

47 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Loudwire is quoting another story where they quoted Richard saying he hopes they go into the studio. 

This isn't from that interview:

"Speaking with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the guitarist stated, "Slash is on tour right now. Once he gets back from that, we’re gonna get some more recording done and hopefully get an album out soon. And then we’ll get back to touring."