Jump to content
RussTCB

New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

It's probably absolute nonsense, but someone on Reddit is claiming to have seen a new video for Madagascar, featuring Slash and Duff. Claims a re-recorded CD is coming out, called "Chinese Democracy Retribution". Take with large bucket of salt. 

I actually think this could be an amazing idea, but it would have to be more than just the 14 tracks on the original Chinese imo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

I actually think this could be an amazing idea, but it would have to be more than just the 14 tracks on the original Chinese imo 

If it was a few re-recorded Chinese tracks, couple of remixes, and a handful of original new songs I'd take it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, that "Madagascar" news is utter and complete bullshit. Yet another "insider" who will tell us "plans changed" after their info is proven totally false. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, vloors said:

Saying that i would love for slash to adopt and bring Brent Fitz to GNR to be their drummer.

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

That would be such at terrible idea even if it was true. CD is what it is and history won’t change that. Fair enough add them to the unreleased stuff or if they have worked on some existing material, add it to bonus stuff in a CD box.

 

Definitely agree. After all the time it took Axl to put the album together, redoing it yet again after it's release doesn't make any sense, and would be pretty unlikely even for this band. 1 or 2 re-recordings would be nice bonus tracks for a compilation, but why do that when there's at least another entire album collecting dust in the vault?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soon said:

CD lineup rerecording of CD paired with a marketing budget would be so awesome

Dis what Daddy Waggy want

439.jpg

Edited by Wagszilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soon said:

NITL lineup rerecording of CD paired with the NuGuns rerecording of Appetite would be so awesome! And call it Beating The Dead Horse!! :P:lol:

@RussTCBlike many you post , that his reaction show two 's times :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be no new Guns tour before a new album drops. Axl toured for years after after CD dropped to make up for lost costs both personally and business wise. When the Azoff deal went south, he had to continue to tour in order to fulfill obligations. This entire reunion fell into place by chance and it gave 3 of the guys the opportunity to play those songs again that they wrote to a worldwide audience. Slash will not be touring and playing the same set list with the same songs again for another 2 plus years. This isn’t the 1999-2008 period anymore. I’m sure we are all aware that A LOT has changed since then. All signs are still pointing to a fall/winter release as well as Axl guesting for a few songs on Angus’ next album. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

There will be no new Guns tour before a new album drops. Axl toured for years after after CD dropped to make up for lost costs both personally and business wise. When the Azoff deal went south, he had to continue to tour in order to fulfill obligations. This entire reunion fell into place by chance and it gave 3 of the guys the opportunity to play those songs again that they wrote to a worldwide audience. Slash will not be touring and playing the same set list with the same songs again for another 2 plus years. This isn’t the 1999-2008 period anymore. I’m sure we are all aware that A LOT has changed since then. All signs are still pointing to a fall/winter release as well as Axl guesting for a few songs on Angus’ next album. 

I still think this year is possible for an album release. Duff can only tour so much , if at all with his release, 4tus with his other project. For these guys its just filling in time for whatever comes next once skmc is finished.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

This is hilarious! Grabbed her by the pussy

the lyrics make more sense than the original version

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone with a better voice took a shot at that and re recorded it that would be epic. Loved the last few verses.

Maxine is reckless

Cortez is dumb

And I’m pretty sure Ginsbergs dead 

And they’re not telling anyone 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

There will be no new Guns tour before a new album drops. Axl toured for years after after CD dropped to make up for lost costs both personally and business wise. When the Azoff deal went south, he had to continue to tour in order to fulfill obligations. This entire reunion fell into place by chance and it gave 3 of the guys the opportunity to play those songs again that they wrote to a worldwide audience. Slash will not be touring and playing the same set list with the same songs again for another 2 plus years. This isn’t the 1999-2008 period anymore. I’m sure we are all aware that A LOT has changed since then. All signs are still pointing to a fall/winter release as well as Axl guesting for a few songs on Angus’ next album. 

Great post. But what are these signs for a Fall/Winter release? Isn’t it all circumstantial?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't know how to handle the disappointment if there really will be a new GNR album and it sucks.

Like, if it is an uninspired rehash of yesterdays or some mishmash with no vision or direction, clearly only existing to justify more touring.

I am kinda afraid of this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think a new album will suck, but some tracks on it very well could, of course, likely a matter of taste just like with CD with songs like Scraped, Riad, IRS, etc. We have heard bits of Jackie Chan and The General, JChan sounded pretty good, The General sounds awesome.  They had Bumblefoot play on newer versions of Silkworms and Oh My God, so that tells me those are the weaker tracks out of the "CD2" pool as they will (hopefully) keep Buckethead on the "big guns" most of us have yet to hear.

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Its Tino said:

Great post. But what are these signs for a Fall/Winter release? Isn’t it all circumstantial?

Not trying to be cryptic but the writing is on the wall. Unless something completely catastrophic happens, we should all expect to hear new music (in some form) by either the end of the year or the very beginning of next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the big three are still chasing the $, I’d suggest a new album will be nothing but strait rock songs and a couple of power ballads. I wouldn’t even care if they bought in some outside writers like Aerosmith did. Get GNR back in the charts and on the radio.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, megaguns1982 said:

If the big three are still chasing the $, I’d suggest a new album will be nothing but strait rock songs and a couple of power ballads. I wouldn’t even care if they bought in some outside writers like Aerosmith did. Get GNR back in the charts and on the radio.

The only way they're making major cash is from touring. Physical albums don't sell anymore and artists get fuck all from streaming. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

The only way they're making major cash is from touring. Physical albums don't sell anymore and artists get fuck all from streaming. 

They’ll need new music to pack out stadiums again... without new music, the only way they’ll fill stadiums is if they bill the next tour as a farewell.

some radio friendly songs will ensure they get enough new fans and keep the old ones happy that they can keep making that major cash.

otherwise it’ll be Vegas residencies and arenas. the amount of people the band has on the payroll, they’ll need to play the big stadiums again

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping Slash & Duff bring to the table there own songs for the next record. Slash's 'Living The Dream' is the only one of his solo records & conspirators records that I haven't gone back and revisited due its quality which I feel is below par compared to the rest...so I'm hoping whatever Slash brings to recordings is better in quality than 'Living The Dream' which has created some doubt in my mind. Probably reaching to far but if Izzy sat in the writing/creative process like he did with 'The Project' I feel we could get some great material for the next record. With songs like 'Better' & 'TWAT' from the CD era content, I'm hoping there's a few gems left from that era that could be brought forward onto the next record. You'd think that the next record really has to deliver for them to capitalize on and maybe we could get another couple of albums after the next record arrives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

They’ll need new music to pack out stadiums again... without new music, the only way they’ll fill stadiums is if they bill the next tour as a farewell.

some radio friendly songs will ensure they get enough new fans and keep the old ones happy that they can keep making that major cash.

otherwise it’ll be Vegas residencies and arenas. the amount of people the band has on the payroll, they’ll need to play the big stadiums again

I think they could still do stadium tours in Europe and Brazil, in the US they couldn't  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I think they could still do stadium tours in Europe and Brazil, in the US they couldn't  

Not in Australia either unless they just do Sydney and Melbourne.

could they even do stadiums again in the US with new music?

Edited by megaguns1982
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×