New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

I was just talking to some friends about Richard’s quote. The fact that he says “more” recording done hints that they may have done something at this point. Richard’s word doesn’t mean shit to me, but at the same time Slash said the same thing not more than a month ago.

I think that at this point we can count as fact that a new album will be released, but the question is when. And that, unfortunately, is still up to Axl.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I was just talking to some friends about Richard’s quote. The fact that he says “more” recording done hints that they may have done something at this point. Richard’s word doesn’t mean shit to me, but at the same time Slash said the same thing not more than a month ago.

I think that at this point we can count as fact that a new album will be released, but the question is when. And that, unfortunately, is still up to Axl.

I don't think the "more recording" part means very much. I interpret it as adding/replacing parts on existing CD songs. For all we know, he's talking about a song(s) that he played a guitar part on in 2004, and Slash and Duff might work on it. :shrugs:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Dissident said:

This isn't from that interview:

"Speaking with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the guitarist stated, "Slash is on tour right now. Once he gets back from that, we’re gonna get some more recording done and hopefully get an album out soon. And then we’ll get back to touring."

Yep, that's 100% from that same interview. 

Also, "hopefully" is a phrase Fortus has been using for 15+ years now. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, The Dissident said:

This isn't from that interview:

"Speaking with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the guitarist stated, "Slash is on tour right now. Once he gets back from that, we’re gonna get some more recording done and hopefully get an album out soon. And then we’ll get back to touring."

Which means that maybe they already recorded something?

59 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

Why is Fortus constantly allowed to come out with this year after year when it appears that everyone else is ordered to keep quiet? Is it some kind of in-joke that Axl finds funny?

I think it is simply due to the fact that Fortus has the highest profile outside of the big 3, and is always doing something which opens him up to the media. He is the media's easiest avenue to the band. Everybody else is either obscure, or in the case of the big 3, rarely give interviews or are evasive about certain topics.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stress Fracture said:

Why is Fortus constantly allowed to come out with this year after year when it appears that everyone else is ordered to keep quiet? Is it some kind of in-joke that Axl finds funny?

I don't think anyone is ordered to keep quiet considering the next album. I guess Fortus is just the kind of a personality who likes to give positive and hopeful responses. DJ Ashba was similar. Some others don't like to give too much hope if there's no concrete plan to release something on a certain date.

• Like 1

On 2019-02-10 at 1:40 AM, GNRfanMILO said:

In what way is it up to Axl?

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

-Axl is the sole reason this band hasn't put out music since 2008

-Axl owns the GN'R name and decides what gets released under it 

-This band doesn't work with any other singer. No Axl=No GN'R

-Almost every band member interview from 2009-present has included some variation of the phrase "It depends on what Axl wants to do."

I can go on and on, but any new release has been up to Axl since 1998

- first argument is not an argument but the same thesis you try to argue for. So it's a circle argument. A fallacy.

- yes, Axl owns the name. That can be a curse as much as a bless. With the name comes a bunch of legal obstacles. But no, it's the label that have publishing rights. Axl can decide what the label gets.

- yes, that's an opinion but agree. But that argument is only relevant if you follow the narrative that Axl don't want to do new music, and use his informal power as an not replaceable lead singer. So It's not an argument for the narrative itself.

- Almost every band member have also said that Axl wants their input as musicians. But I never read that implicit lines in interviews that more explicit can be interpreted that way.

And, why is it so easy for Axl to hit the studio and do killer guest performances? 

• Confused 1

4tus saying that bit about doing "more recording" is just referencing old stuff pre-reunion that they may have been working on or any ideas that they might have recorded during soundchecks. That's my guess anyways. Remember Meegan's IG posts where they're playing at soundcheck but she has the volume off because we can't hear it yet?

• Like 2

Lets blame it on everyone Who has ever worked with GN'R but Axl, they were all not worthy for Axl's super talent(ego)(insecure state of mind) and hé felt that, thats why nothing happend, the man can't help hé thinks he is too good to release music it's the incapable other band members fault :dj::bbf::robin::robin02::4tus::frank::tommy::bucket: :facepalm:

8 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

Lets blame it on everyone Who has ever worked with GN'R but Axl, they were all not worthy for Axl's super talent(ego)(insecure state of mind) and hé felt that, thats why nothing happend, the man can't help hé thinks he is too good to release music it's the incapable other band members fault :dj::bbf::robin::robin02::4tus::frank::tommy::bucket: :facepalm:

Ridiculous. My point is that it can be circumstances beyond personal responsibility and control. And I can't comprehend Axl' s ever talked bad about some member as a musician.

In an interview Axl said that what he regret most in his career is that they didn't form a label for their own. 

So you think Axl has just been sitting back, resting on his laurels, do you? You think you know, but you have NO idea. You think Chinese Democracy is a single album? Quite contrary, my friend. It is merely the first in a series of albums, which collectively, will comprise of the first ever QUINTUPLE album! That’s right. I heard it through a guy who knows Alan Niven. The next album in the series will be out in 2020, with the 5th and final album of the Quintuple set series slated for release in 2056. How many more tuesdays til then???

Honestly though, i do think it is misguided, or at the very least misinformed, to lay blame solely on Axl for no new album. We have no idea what happens behind the scene with the band or the label. We do know the band has been busy since 2015, organising the reunion and actually implementing it. Axl's not solely reponsible for that.