New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

18 hours ago, Legendador said:

To me, a live album would dilute the catalog of the band, see Ozzy and Iron Maiden, for example, they have so much Live Albuns and Greatest Hits, and it is all the same and confusing

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather have confusing number of Live Albums than have one (with re-recorded vocals)

Edit: And Greatest hits albums are useless. But they can be cool. In your example of Ozzy you have Prince of Darkness Box with covers, demos, live versions, some re-recorded songs like Iron Man with Theraphy. I think it would be very cool if GNR would do sth like that.

Edited by sl4yer

6 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Haha I like his phrasing calling it an "unimpeachable" source, hopefully its true. Hopefully the leaks from last June and Evaders "The General" helped get the wheels turning.

11 minutes ago, Wabby said:

Haha I like his phrasing calling it an "unimpeachable" source, hopefully its true. Hopefully the leaks from last June and Evaders "The General" helped get the wheels turning.

Can’t listen to the stream - what does Niven say?

I gotta disagree with most of you in regards to the potential live album. While I DO agree it would be cool of they started releasing every show (so we could get the shows we actually went to), it is Guns after all, lol. 

So I personally would RATHER have a quality product with minimal (or no) overdubs. Which I think that's more than possible if they take the BEST performances from each song, from the whole tour. Let's be real here, the Apollo show has some amazing moments and some less than stellar. The Forum show is better overall imo, but it also has some weak moments. I dont think (we) the fans, benefit from weak songs/moments on a live album.

The last two live albums I purchased (because I didn't buyAppetite for Democracy, no thanks) was Zeppelins O2 performance and Van Halen Tokyo Dome. Let's be honest here, both of those are pretty weak imo, and I NEVER listen to them. I DO listen to a couple of tracks off of Tokyo Dome, but most of it is just painful. The Zepplein concert is ok, I suppose. But IMO it's the WORST Zeppelin "offcial" release you can buy, worse than Coda even. I dont like the tuned down versions of the songs, plus it lacks the magic of real Zeppelin. I would rather listen to How the West Was Won or my boots, than O2. 

So when it comes to Guns, I dont want a crap live album like those. I dont think anyone really wins with those. I'm POSITIVE that if they listen to multiple concerts they "felt good" about, they can pick the best versions from those, and they will be pretty good. I would actually listen to that, and enjoy it. 

Half of the Appetite songs from the Apollo show are not that great, but Better and some others were GREAT. The Appetite songs are pretty good on the Forum show, but some of the CD songs (Prostitute especially) are weak. 

Quality over quantity imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I gotta disagree with most of you in regards to the potential live album. While I DO agree it would be cool of they started releasing every show (so we could get the shows we actually went to), it is Guns after all, lol. 

So I personally would RATHER have a quality product with minimal (or no) overdubs. Which I think that's more than possible if they take the BEST performances from each song, from the whole tour. Let's be real here, the Apollo show has some amazing moments and some less than stellar. The Forum show is better overall imo, but it also has some weak moments. I dont think (we) the fans, benefit from weak songs/moments on a live album.

The last two live albums I purchased (because I didn't buyAppetite for Democracy, no thanks) was Zeppelins O2 performance and Van Halen Tokyo Dome. Let's be honest here, both of those are pretty weak imo, and I NEVER listen to them. I DO listen to a couple of tracks off of Tokyo Dome, but most of it is just painful. The Zepplein concert is ok, I suppose. But IMO it's the WORST Zeppelin "offcial" release you can buy, worse than Coda even. I dont like the tuned down versions of the songs, plus it lacks the magic of real Zeppelin. I would rather listen to How the West Was Won or my boots, than O2. 

So when it comes to Guns, I dont want a crap live album like those. I dont think anyone really wins with those. I'm POSITIVE that if they listen to multiple concerts they "felt good" about, they can pick the best versions from those, and they will be pretty good. I would actually listen to that, and enjoy it. 

Half of the Appetite songs from the Apollo show are not that great, but Better and some others were GREAT. The Appetite songs are pretty good on the Forum show, but some of the CD songs (Prostitute especially) are weak. 

Quality over quantity imo.

I don't think they could find a good paradise city if they searched through the entire tour.

23 hours ago, RussTCB said:

There seem to be more than the usual amount of rumors being shared here and elsewhere lately. I've personally heard everything from "New studio album coming with an announcement in January!" to "there's a live album coming with some bonus studio tracks" to "the only thing coming is a live album and a studio cover or Witchitaw Lineman" to everything in between.

The sources on these things range from the semi-reliable; "this guy was right about (insert rumor here) in the past" to the ridiculous; "a guy from another board knows a guy who told him".

Hey Russ, can you discern which rumours seem more genuine. e.g. Was the studio album/announcement in January from a semi-reliable source or a rando?

2 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Hey Russ, can you discern which rumours seem more genuine. e.g. Was the studio album/announcement in January from a semi-reliable source or a rando?

That's what's confusing. Both the rumor about a January announcement of a studio album AND the one about a live album and a studio cover came from different but equally reliable sources.

At this point, I think it's a large game of "telephone" where a lot of people are repeating what they heard and adding their own spin. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

That Axl is tinkering with Chinese-era stuff to potentially include on a future album.

Cheers - that’s what I had heard also. Makes sense as why just abandon all that material?

9 minutes ago, surforia said:

He said that Axl has gone back into the studio and listened to tracks that didn't make CD, implying that those would be on a new release, but "tinkered" by the new band.

Cheers - that’s what I had heard also. Makes sense as why just abandon all that material??

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's what's confusing. Both the rumor about a January announcement of a studio album AND the one about a live album and a studio cover came from different but equally reliable sources.

At this point, I think it's a large game of "telephone" where a lot of people are repeating what they heard and adding their own spin. 

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that BOTH could happen? A studio and Live release? Maybe they are not conflicting but two individual things!!

I'd be up for a Lies-type EP release. Find 4 live tracks that Axl actually sounds decent on and pair it with 4 new studio tracks, maybe 1 or 2 are covers. It'd give them a reason to keep the touring machine rolling, since that's all albums are these days anyway.

They could also release a a live show from the vault the same day to hype both albums up, offer bundles and shit, etc....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

in both cases - Frank would be involved = 0 interest!

Fartus+Frank+Melli - I pass, but I am fine with anyon spending their money.  Hey, ppl buy 10 copies of same album just cause it comes in 10 different colours.

Well that's who's in Guns N' Roses currently, so I'm sure that's who will be on any forthcoming releases. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, sl4yer said:

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather have confusing number of Live Albums than have one (with re-recorded vocals)

Edit: And Greatest hits albums are useless. But they can be cool. In your example of Ozzy you have Prince of Darkness Box with covers, demos, live versions, some re-recorded songs like Iron Man with Theraphy. I think it would be very cool if GNR would do sth like that.

A Greatest Hits like that would be cool!

22 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Easy money that doesn't require them to spend months in a studio wrestling with different opinions on how new music should sound.

But a Live album would please hardcore fans (been there, done that), what about a new fan base?