New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

Is Lafon usually accurate when it comes to these things? the only two times I recall him dropping GNR "scoops" in the past are when he said that Dave Kurshner would be part of the NITL lineup as a third guitarist, and that the AFD Locked N' Loaded set would be $650 (both of which turned out to be bullshit).

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

What the fuck?!? A tribute album? what the hell are they smoking? What interest is there on that?? :blink:

The first official release of a 'new' song since Chinese Democracy will be a cover. :lol:

That said, i don't see the problem with Guns recording one song for a tribute album alongside others huge artists. That's pretty cool actually, and indicates Guns' relevance again. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

This band has turned into a high-profile and utter expensive tribute band of nostalgia shit.

I feel very disappointed that all they can release are covers or shelved dinosaur shit from 1985 :no:

Seems like they cannot write one single original note together..... what the Fuck happened there? :question:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

This band has turned into a high-profile and utter expensive tribute band of nostalgia shit.

I feel very disappointed that all they can release are covers or shelved dinosaur shit from 1985 :no:

Seems like they cannot write one single original note together..... what the Fuck happened there? :question:

They did that in '93-4 in fairness, following up an entire covers album in 1993 with yet another cover ('Sympathy for the Devil') in '94.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They did that in '93-4 in fairness, following up an entire covers album in 1993 with yet another cover ('Sympathy for the Devil') in '94.

I know... :rolleyes: but one thing is doing it once, different is keep doing it over and over and over like they are stuck in some sort of terrible writer's block for decades...

4 hours ago, Mysteron said:

No previous managers know anything. It is reasonable to assume I can comment on that

The band have been touring non stop in recent years and have publicly stated their focus is on touring

And, my only remaining link now, the record company have nothing

Hey Mysterion,

Long time no speak. I hope you are well. I know that you used to post  in the other forum. If my memory serves me correct, you were spot on when CD came out. Could it be that no one wants to say anything at the record company since this would be HUGE news regarding a new album? 

To me, this seems very similar to when rumors were starting to form regarding the reunion. As the saying goes and as Russ said: where there is smoke; there's fire. :)

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Shadow and Move To The City aren't “shelved dinosaur shit” ;)

And there are new tunes (from CD2) with Slash in them, waiting to be released. But yeah, as far as we know, they haven't written any new songs.

Just now, All Cautions Made said:

Shadow and Move To The City aren't “shelved dinosaur shit” ;)

Lol, are you kidding me? :lol: :facepalm:

1 minute ago, All Cautions Made said:

And there are new tunes (from CD2) with Slash in them, waiting to be released.

Uh huh.... Really?

I hope that's true. All Cautions Made is one of the songs I'd love to hear.

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I know... :rolleyes: but one thing is doing it once, different is keep doing it over and over and over like they are stuck in some sort of terrible writer's block for decades...

They've a brand new single out called ''Shadow of Your Love'' - didn't you know? It has a (prizes for guessing) skeleton on the 7'' sleeve. 

• Haha 2

Just now, killuridols said:

Lol, are you kidding me? :lol: :facepalm:

Hahahaha. i know perfectly that Shadow and Move To The City are from the 80s. Shadow even predates GNR.

The newly released versions of those tracks were based off demos from the 80s but have been Live Era'd. Steven is not on the drums, Slash added licks here and there, etc.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

I hope that's true. All Cautions Made is one of the songs I'd love to hear.

I don't know if Checkmate has Slash on it but there are other songs that definitely have Slash and Duff pasted on. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Is Lafon usually accurate when it comes to these things? the only two times I recall him dropping GNR "scoops" in the past are when he said that Dave Kurshner would be part of the NITL lineup as a third guitarist, and that the AFD Locked N' Loaded set would be $650 (both of which turned out to be bullshit).

He got the price wrong but he was the first to say about the AFD box

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RONIN said:

Any new material released now, especially with Fortus/Frank in the band, will only hurt their legacy. This is a band that is frozen in time at its prime. Why ruin the illusion now? 

You're right. CD was GN'R at their prime. Nothing can top it.

1 hour ago, All Cautions Made said:

Hahahaha. i know perfectly that Shadow and Move To The City are from the 80s. Shadow even predates GNR.

The newly released versions of those tracks were based off demos from the 80s but have been Live Era'd. Steven is not on the drums, Slash added licks here and there, etc.

change1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 cover songs released so far. probably another 10-20 cover songs in the vault unreleased and now they are using up studio time recording more cover songs, children of the revolution and wichita lineman. jeez just give us Atlas, the General or an extended version of scraped. 

• Like 1