Reggae Music Thread (SKA, Roots, Dub, Rocksteady, Dancehall)

Len Cnut

14 hours ago, Mendez said:

If you say so :headbang:

I used to love this song.  What do you guys think

That was cool man, I really enjoyed that, especially the lead in.  i mean I don't pretend to understand a word but musically it really jumps.  Who is it, what its about?  I really it though.  Was never the biggest fan of Ska Punk but I got respect for it but this is kinda different, the latin touch kinda makes it.

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

That was cool man, I really enjoyed that, especially the lead in.  i mean I don't pretend to understand a word but musically it really jumps.  Who is it, what its about?  I really it though.  Was never the biggest fan of Ska Punk but I got respect for it but this is kinda different, the latin touch kinda makes it.

This particular song is about police/political corruption. Although they are a band from Moreno Valley, California, they are likely talking about corruption in Mexico.

Even though these guys are the tiniest band in the world, they are really well received in ska punk festivals. 

Have you ever heard of Ska-core? Its ska inspired metal with various tempo changes. Its not for everyone haha. Most of the time i dont like it, but there are 3 or 4 songs that just pull me in musicaly

Edited by Mendez

58 minutes ago, Mendez said:

This particular song is about police/political corruption. Although they are a band from Moreno Valley, California, they are likely talking about corruption in Mexico.

Even though these guys are the tiniest band in the world, they are really well received in ska punk festivals. 

Have you ever heard of Ska-core? Its ska inspired metal with various tempo changes. Its not for everyone haha. Most of the time i dont like it, but there are 3 or 4 songs that just pull me in musicaly

What are the three or four?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...