Sorum Reportedly In Supergroup With Butler and Steve Stevens

soon

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Steve Stevens is just a fake Johnny Thunders.  So's Izzy really.  And thats not a diss, I really like Iz'. 

He's got groove chops and lead chops I think?

I mean he also played lead on the theme for Top Gun. :lol:

Steve stevens and johnny thunders guitar playing is miles apart. They couldnt be any more different. Johnny thunders had that kind of playing and drug addled look, that yes, izzy does compare against. But stevens used to in david lee roths solo band. And david lee roth likes to use flashy players which thunders wasnt.

Edited by Sydney Fan

The short sound clips Matt has been posting on Instagram sound quite promising.

I think if you liked Matt’s work on the Cult’s Beyond Good & Evil album, you’ll dig this, as what I’m hearing sounds quite similar, instrumentally anyway. I could be wrong though...

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, Sydney Fan said:

Steve stevens and johnny thunders guitar playing is miles apart. They couldnt be any more different. Johnny thunders had that kind of playing and drug addled look, that yes, izzy does compare against. But stevens used to in david lee roths solo band. And david lee roth likes to use flashy players which thunders wasnt.

Stevens played with Billy Idol. Not Diamond David Lee Roth. 

Loving this first single. Fantastic drumming from Matt, that just makes me miss him more and more in GN’R. 

Interesting that Matt has said that he tried to capture his best drum sound and best playing for the songs he’s making with this band. 

He also said that when they play live, they’ll be playing songs from their collective bands pasts, though not the obvious songs you’d expect. That could be very interesting.

• GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/12/2018 at 12:23 PM, Len Cnut said:

Steve Stevens is just a fake Johnny Thunders.  So's Izzy really.  And thats not a diss, I really like Iz'. 

what?

izzy has songwriting chops that johnny would kill for

besides i am sure you know that johnny's songs and riffs were mostly stolen directly from blues players that came before him

maybe you know the bootleg when he was really wasted and "confessed" on stage where he stole each song from?

i am sure it is in here somewhere = http://www.thunders.ca/discs/discography.htm

And thats not a diss, I like johnny

On 10/12/2018 at 6:18 PM, MaskingApathy said:

this song is so generic and bland that i played it and it seems like i didnt

what?

izzy has songwriting chops that johnny would kill for

I disagree completely, Johnny was an incredible songwriter, easily better than Izzy.  It wasn't a diss to Izzy or Steve Stevens, they'd readily admit their debt to Johnny.  And conversely Johnny was pretty much a Keith Richards knock off.

besides i am sure you know that johnny's songs and riffs were mostly stolen directly from blues players that came before him

maybe you know the bootleg when he was really wasted and "confessed" on stage where he stole each song from?

It wasn't even so much blues players, it was more like Bad Company and T Rex, yeah I'm aware of that gig, he stood on a table and told people to name a song and he'd tell you where he nicked it from :lol:

• 4 weeks later...