Locked & Loaded Set Nominated For A Grammy

Just now, cpaxlvacy said:

No way Al Weird box is better than the one from Gn'R. It only comes with music and a book. And i couldn't care less for that accordion replica

The contents of the box are irrelevant in this category. The award is for the art design, and Weird Al's was, objectively, much better than GNR's. As a GNR fan, I don't think the packaging and design of the L&L set is all that great. It's just a box, with a modernized version of the AFD cross. I'm not a big Weird Al fan but the design is unique and relevant to him. It's no contest really, Weird Al definitely deserved to win this one...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

:lol:, no. 

I happen to own both of these boxed sets and I can tell you Weird Al's is the far superior set. 

No way. It has all the albums and some bsides? Guns box is huge and has many more items. Again i couldn't care less for that accordion replica. I love the way the L&L is built, with the drawers and the cross. Well congrats to Al Weird i guess haha

6 hours ago, cpaxlvacy said:

No way. It has all the albums and some bsides? Guns box is huge and has many more items. Again i couldn't care less for that accordion replica. I love the way the L&L is built, with the drawers and the cross. Well congrats to Al Weird i guess haha

Like someone else mentioned the award isn't about content, it's about design. 

While you couldn't care less for the accordion replica, it's still a far cooler design than a wood box with a wood carving of the AFD cover. 

If the award did have to do with content, then Al absolutely destroys GNR. L&L has essentially one album whereas Al's set has his entire career. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 10:43 PM, cpaxlvacy said:

No way Al Weird box is better than the one from Gn'R. It only comes with music and a book. And i couldn't care less for that accordion replica

Would Weird Al have won you over if the accordion came with temporary tattoos? :P

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, RussTCB said:

While you couldn't care less for the accordion replica, it's still a far cooler design than a wood box with a wood carving of the AFD cover. 

If the award did have to do with content, then Al absolutely destroys GNR. L&L has essentially one album whereas Al's set has his entire career. 

Couldn't care less for a bunch of "cover" songs making fun of other songs. Not a fan at all. Won't change my mind, i love the L&L box. The only thing i would add to that box would be a full concert. Also all those Al Weird albums can be found for free all over the internet. So yes i prefer like some people say "over priced stuff" (not so much for me, i bought the box for $445) than a bunch of cds that every fan of that guy already have :)

Well each to his own i guess.

Speaking of boxes, the best content of any box ever is this one:

33myiqf.jpg

6 cds and 4 dvds among a lot of other things. U2 rocks!!

Couldn't care less for a bunch of "cover" songs making fun of other songs. Not a fan at all. Won't change my mind, i love the L&L box. The only thing i would add to that box would be a full concert. Also all those Al Weird albums can be found for free all over the internet. So yes i prefer like some people say "over priced stuff" (not so much for me, i bought the box for $445) than a bunch of cds that every fan of that guy already have :)

Speaking of boxes, the best content of any box ever is this one:

33myiqf.jpg

6 cds and 4 dvds among a lot of other things. U2 rocks!!

That's just bullshit, because the content of the L&L has also been available online for years.

The Weird Al box set is far superior to the L&L set. It contains all his albums on cd or vinyl and one disc full of rarities. Can't say that about the gnr one. 

Btw he's not making fun of other songs, he just makes fucking parodies...

Edited by BadApples99
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, cpaxlvacy said:

Again.... this Grammy wasn't about content, it was about design. There's a lot more thought put into the Weird Al set as opposed to L&L. It's just plain a cooler design.

As for the actual content, BA99 is on point below:

36 minutes ago, BadApples99 said:

That's just bullshit, because the content of the L&L has also been available online for years.

The Weird Al box set is far superior to the L&L set. It contains all his albums on cd or vinyl and one disc full of rarities. Can't say that about the gnr one. 

Everything in the L&L box (content wise) has been available for decades. There's literally nothing new at all in it. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Again.... this Grammy wasn't about content, it was about design. There's a lot more thought put into the Weird Al set as opposed to L&L. It's just plain a cooler design.

As for the actual content, BA99 is on point below:

Everything in the L&L box (content wise) has been available for decades. There's literally nothing new at all in it. 

No, the only thing that was available for years was the music as well as Al Weird's music in the box. Besides that the L&L content is fucking amazing. And yes i meant parodies. To me it's not funny or cool to listen to parodies of another artist, it makes me sleepy. So yes, L&L is a million times superior than the accordion one haha

16 hours ago, BadApples99 said:

Only the music, as well as Al Weird's "music" in the box. Besides the music L&L has many awesome things, including the cassette. There is no fucking comparison. If i was to buy Al Weird's box just for that fucking accordion design i would buy a real accordion. 

8 minutes ago, cpaxlvacy said:

No, the only thing that was available for years was the music as well as Al Weird's music in the box. Besides that the L&L content is fucking amazing. And yes i meant parodies. To me it's not funny or cool to listen to parodies of another artist, it makes me sleepy. So yes, L&L is a million times superior than the accordion one haha

Lol, now you're not making any sense. 

• Like 2

Lol at people getting upset at gnr not winning an award for a box full of junk that was originally a thousand fucking dollars

If L&L was like $200-$300 tops it would have been a cool release. $1000 is a sham. Its a piece of garbage for $1000. Those that got the turn table deal or a good price were the smart ones

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Lol, now you're not making any sense. 

Look i found the Al Weird's box in my basement hahaha now i just need to burn some cdrs with that guy singing shitty covers and that's it. What an original idea. No wonder the grammys went down hill LOL 

2ep3ti1.jpg

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Lol at people getting upset at gnr not winning an award for a box full of junk that was originally a thousand fucking dollars

If L&L was like $200-$300 tops it would have been a cool release. $1000 is a sham. Its a piece of garbage for $1000. Those that got the turn table deal or a good price were the smart ones

I bought it for $450. Of course $1000 is insane, not only for L&L but for any box of any artist. 

On 2/10/2019 at 5:52 PM, 31illusions said:

Not like Axl was sitting in the audience anyway. At least Al showed up!

Al was on stage because he was nominated as one of the art directors for the box set.  Would he have shown up anyway even if he wasn't?  Hard to know.  I know Jeff Fura was there, not sure about the others nominated for the GNR box.

On 2/10/2019 at 8:55 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

The contents of the box are irrelevant in this category. The award is for the art design, and Weird Al's was, objectively, much better than GNR's. As a GNR fan, I don't think the packaging and design of the L&L set is all that great. It's just a box, with a modernized version of the AFD cross. I'm not a big Weird Al fan but the design is unique and relevant to him. It's no contest really, Weird Al definitely deserved to win this one...

^^^This!  Thank u

On 2/12/2019 at 2:38 AM, RussTCB said:

^^^Yes!

4 hours ago, cpaxlvacy said:

Understood that Al does Parody and/or polka music, but the kind of music doesn't matter for this category.  Also, the grammy has categories for polka and for comedy, so it still qualifies for even being at the grammys.  One thing I learned only just recently.  The grammys have categories for music videos.  In addition to many other categories I believe GNR deserved nominations, I also believe they deserved some for music video yet somehow were never nominated.

Look i found the Al Weird's box in my basement hahaha now i just need to burn some cdrs with that guy singing shitty covers and that's it. What an original idea. No wonder the grammys went down hill LOL 

2ep3ti1.jpg

I bought it for $450. Of course $1000 is insane, not only for L&L but for any box of any artist. 

Wow.

I'm sorry your favorite set of multi millionaires didn't win an award from other multi millionaires for a box that didn't design

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Haha 2

On 14/2/2019 at 4:43 AM, troccoli said:

Al was on stage because he was nominated as one of the art directors for the box set.  Would he have shown up anyway even if he wasn't?  Hard to know.  I know Jeff Fura was there, not sure about the others nominated for the GNR box.

Arian Buhler and Scott Sandler were there too

Edited by fernandoGNR
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1