Guns N Roses most streamed rock band of 2018

Would be interesting to know what bands they count as rock. Surely GNR didn't beat Coldplay or Red Hot Chili Peppers.

That list feels so weird though. I've never even heard of bands like Ensiferum, Dark Tranquillity etc. Then again I'm not really a metalhead. But it's hard for me to grasp that those bands are actually more streamed than Foo Fighters? :blink: Alrighty then!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thunderram said:

Metallica surely didn't release their streaming data cause they'd no doubt be on that list somewhere.

That's the real key. Only artists that released the info were included.

Luckily it's all public information on Spotify, so I checked. This Ensiferum band, (which apparently comes from my own country and I still haven't heard of it :lol:) only has like 220 853 monthly listeners. So Metallica with it's 11 145 893 listeners and Foo Fighters with it's 9 137 183 listeners surely should be on the list. GNR does beat both though with it's 13 917 382 monthly listeners. GNR beats U2 also but Ensiferum obviously does not.

But GNR is not the most streamed current rock band IF you count Coldplay with it's 30 979 669 listeners or Red Hot Chili Peppers with it's 16 213 489 listeners. And if you count old bands, The Beatles beats GNR. The Rolling Stones does not.

To sum it all up, here's the bands I've mentioned here in order of monthly listeners:

1. Coldplay

2. The Beatles

3. Red Hot Chili Peppers

4. Guns N' Roses

5. The Rolling Stones

6. U2

7. Metallica

8. Foo Fighters

9. Ensiferum

6 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Coldplay are a rock band...?

Since when does elevator music pass as rock?

Since always according to Wikipedia.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Luckily it's all public information on Spotify, so I checked. This Ensiferum band, (which apparently comes from my own country and I still haven't heard of it :lol:) only has like 220 853 monthly listeners. So Metallica with it's 11 145 893 listeners and Foo Fighters with it's 9 137 183 listeners surely should be on the list. GNR does beat both though with it's 13 917 382 monthly listeners. GNR beats U2 also but Ensiferum obviously does not.

But GNR is not the most streamed current rock band IF you count Coldplay with it's 30 979 669 listeners or Red Hot Chili Peppers with it's 16 213 489 listeners. And if you count old bands, The Beatles beats GNR. The Rolling Stones does not.

To sum it all up, here's the bands I've mentioned here in order of monthly listeners:

1. Coldplay

2. The Beatles

3. Red Hot Chili Peppers

4. Guns N' Roses

5. The Rolling Stones

6. U2

7. Metallica

8. Foo Fighters

9. Ensiferum

Since always according to Wikipedia.

I think you forgot Queen, AC/DC

1 minute ago, babaoriley said:

I think you forgot Queen, AC/DC

And Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin and... Nah I didn't forget them. I just didn't feel like adding every single rock band that's ever existed on the list. Although now that I checked the numbers, Queen actually tops this list with 37 674 040 monthly listeners, so good call on that one! :thumbsup: I wonder if this has anything to do with the movie that's out, or is Queen just simply always the most streamed rock band in existence. Anyway here's an updated list.

1. Queen

2. Coldplay

3. The Beatles

4. Red Hot Chili Peppers

5. Guns N' Roses

6. AC/DC

7. The Rolling Stones

8. U2

9. Metallica

10. Led Zeppelin

11. Pink Floyd

12. Foo Fighters

13. Five Finger Death Punch

14. Ensiferum

I also added Five Finger Death Punch, which according to that metalheadzone list was the second most streamed rock band after GNR. Unsurprisingly it pales in comparison to all these bigger bands with only 4 011 871 monthly listeners.

• Like 1