GNR Tribute Album Coming Soon

11 minutes ago, bUCKETHEAD lAND said:

Why'd they put him under the Skid Row label? Just puts the band to shame..

Dont know if the band has been asked for consent. I checked Alex Grossi s homepage and he was member of a lot of bands but he himself doesn t name Skid Row cause he was only a touring member there. 

amazon/label whoever put Skid Row and other names there to sell more copies...

Edited by Natty

One thing that really irked me about this album was all the clean voices used. Yeah, (some of them) are technically good singers, but using that voice on a Guns song, or most other hard rock songs, just sounds kinda weak and lame, and sucks all of the edge and soul out of it. Flaccid, if you will. :lol: That's why I've never been a Myles Kennedy fan.

A lot of them sounded like X Factor versions of GN'R songs.

Edited by Azifwekare

I noticed Jason McMaster from Dangerous Toys is singing on Welcome To The Jungle....Funny considering a lot of people referred to him as an "Axl-Knock Off" when the band first debuted in the 80's

Speaking of McMaster though....he does front a really good band call "Broken Teeth."  Look them up if you haven't heard of them, they're almost like a harder version of Bon Scott fronted AC/DC in a sense....Here's a sample below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue3o3njWwQk

Edited by papashaun

The rendition of Civil War from the older ROCK tribute to Guns n Roses was my favorite gnr "tribute" song I've heard this far. It had Traci Guns on guitar and some girl singing it (I cant remember her name). But it's still better than anything I've heard off of this new one so far.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

21 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

The rendition of Civil War from the older ROCK tribute to Guns n Roses was my favorite gnr "tribute" song I've heard this far. It had Traci Guns on guitar and some girl singing it (I cant remember her name). But it's still better than anything I've heard off of this new one so far.

Tracii Guns is actually one of my favourite guitarists! He's a talented musician and certainly has a great personality.

19 hours ago, bUCKETHEAD lAND said:

Why'd they put him under the Skid Row label? Just puts the band to shame..

Some put Ashba under the GNR label and he did even less :lol:

On 12.12.2018 at 8:00 AM, zigzagbigbag said:

There are tons of those cheap GNR cover albums and unfortunately I bought nearly all of them. They are total crap, with only one exception:

Strings of Fire, which is nothing but awesome (really bad artwork though)! Enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqj9x3sNv0QFg3yUHU_UQcP3W2zXiQsSc

https://www.amazon.com/Strings-Fire-Acoustic-Tribute-Roses/dp/B00004WFPU

Yeah Strings of Fire is pretty cool.

• Like 1