30 Day Song Challenge #3

BlueJean Baby

Day 27:

Day 28:

Can a man choose from among the stars in the sky?  Punk Rock, well well well, what could I possibly wrangle out of that as a favourite song.  Y'know what, I'm at a bit of a loss, favourite right, like the one I like the most, i don't think I've got one of those so I'm gonna pick the stupidest one I can think of.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, journey said:

I love this song. I posted it a few pages back. 

X-Ray Spex and Poly Styrene were a really special, one in a billion kinda band.

For favourite grunge song, I would pick Nirvana's Sliver. Not because of the quality of the song itself, but just because I think it gives such a great insight into Kurt as a man and the darkness from which all the brilliance came.

14 hours ago, Ninjapie24 said:

Plus I’ve never thought Kurt is a good singer since the bands drummer sings better than he does.

I had to read this sentence three times, and I still don't believe you said this. Kurt had a beautiful voice, but more importantly, he could do something not many people can, let out all his anger and emotions through that voice of his, that's why people were so drawn to that guy. Grohl is an okay singer, but nothing special, kinda bland. Even Taylor Hawkins, the Foo Fighters drummer, has a better rock voice than Grohl.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Rock the Cock said:

X-Ray Spex and Poly Styrene were a really special, one in a billion kinda band.

There was a lot of that about in the punk movement, a great many even more musically unique than X Ray Spex...for example, The Slits.  Not that X Ray Spex ain't, they're becoming sort of a tasters choice thing lately when about 5 to 10 years ago it was a struggle trying to find someone who had heard of em.  And all anyone seems to know is 'Oh Bondage Up Yours' :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1