What would be the best NITL compilation?

What do you guys think would make the best NITL CD/Blu-ray? What are the best performances?

IMO it would look something like this, I'm sure others will add their preferred performances, so maybe there will be votes/polls eventually about which is 'the best', but I think this is a good starting point for a NITL 'best-of'.

It's So Easy - Troubadour 2016
Mr. Brownstone - Vegas 2016 (2nd night)
Chinese Democracy - Philadelphia 2016
Welcome To The Jungle - Detroit 2016
Double Talkin Jive - Kobe 2017
Better - Houston 2016
Estranged - Mexico, April 2016
Live And Let Die - Curitiba 2016
Rocket Queen - Houston 2016
You Could Be Mine - Houston 2016
Shadow of Your Love - Talinn 2018
This I Love - Seattle 2016
Civil War - Houston 2016
Coma - Houston 2016
Sweet Child O' Mine - Houston 2016
Wichita Lineman - Washington 2017
My Michelle - Arlington 2016
Out Ta Get Me - Houston 2016
November Rain - Mexico, April 2016 (2nd night)
Knockin On Heavens Door - Nashville 2016
Nightrain - Houston 2016

Patience - LA 2016
Madagascar - Chorzow 2018
The Seeker - San Diego 2016
Paradise City - Foxboro 2016

Notes:
Mr. Brownstone - A hybrid of Troubadour/Vegas would be the best, switching when Axl breaks his foot to the 'throne' show. Otherwise, Vegas 2016 (2nd night).
DTJ - This song could be picked from dozens of shows but it's gotta have a 'Home Fuck'. :lol:
LALD - I'm sure there's some performances with better screams, but I picked Curitiba because the first scream sounds good while he's running, so it'd be a good performance for a video release IMO.
Slither - Excluded because I've yet to hear one with a good chorus.
The other CD songs - 4 is enough, but if someone can find a better CITR or Madagascar then please post it.
Attitude/New Rose - Who really wants this?
Godfather, WYWH, Layla - 'No solos' seems pretty obvious, especially since there's extended solos in DTJ and RQ.
KOHD - Honestly I just picked a random one that wasn't 12 minutes.
Adler songs - Maybe add them as 'bonus tracks' but I really doubt they'd use guest appearances on a live album. That also means no Angus Young, Dave Grohl, Baz, Pink, or anyone else I'm forgetting.
Extra covers - Wichita and The Seeker should be the extent of the 'extra covers', even Wichita is a bit much but Guns version is really nice, so fuck it, Wichita Lineman can be included.

What do you guys think?

• Like 2

I like my Michelle Arlington. It wasn’t the raspiest but it was the sharpest which brought it closer to how he’d sing it in the 80’s. 

Its so easy seems easy to pick but I want one where he correctly finishes the last lines. He’s suppose to say “hell its so easy” but half the time he just says “it’s so easy, so fu*kin easy” over and over again. I think he did it right in Vegas night 1 but night 2 messed up. 

Witchita Lineman from Hawaii was the best I’ve heard from Axl. He finished the last note without taking a breath in between and seemed to have it dialed in how he wanted. 

• Like 1

Not a best of, but my personal favorites. I'd want an even distribution of gigs for a live album/DVD as opposed to half of it coming from the Houston show

ISE- Stockholm 2017

Mr. Brownstone- Vegas 2016

CD- Kobe 2017

WTTJ- Detroit 2016

DTJ- Madrid 2017

Better- Houston 2016

Estranged- Chicago 2016 (1st night)

LALD- Washington DC 2016

Rocket Queen- St. Louis 2017 

YCBM- Houston 2016

Duff Solo Spot- Whatever gig, he sounds the same each time

This I Love- Atlanta 2016

Prostitute- Hartford 2017

Civil War- Houston 2016

Coma- Vegas 2016 (1st night)

SCOM- London 2017 (1st night)

Wichita Lineman- Philadelphia 2017

OTGM/My Michelle- Adler shows

November Rain- Vegas 2016 (1st night)

KOHD- Coachella 2016 (1st weekend)

Nightrain- Houston 2016

Sorry- Philadelphia 2016

Catcher- Los Angeles 2016 (can't remember which night)

Patience- St. Louis 2017

Don't Cry- Miami 2017

TWAT- San Diego 2016

Madagascar- MSG 10/15/17

Paradise City- Hawaii 2018

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

For those with more research into the performances, what are the best performances of TWAT, Prostitute, Catcher in the Rye and Sorry?

And for OTGM/My Michelle, obv the first Adler performance is the definitive one.

Sorry -Arlington

Catcher - Houston

TWAT- San Diego/Mexico was good vocally but Slash wasn’t all that great on it

Prostitute- unsure? 

Edited by IncitingChaos

39 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

For those with more research into the performances, what are the best performances of TWAT, Prostitute, Catcher in the Rye and Sorry?

And for OTGM/My Michelle, obv the first Adler performance is the definitive one.

The best TWAT was Mexico 2016 his voice didn’t crack and he nailed the high ass note

a ton better than San Diego 2016

Edited by Gimpy Hewitt
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

What do you guys think would make the best NITL CD/Blu-ray? What are the best performances?

IMO it would look something like this, I'm sure others will add their preferred performances, so maybe there will be votes/polls eventually about which is 'the best', but I think this is a good starting point for a NITL 'best-of'.

It's So Easy - Troubadour 2016
Mr. Brownstone - Vegas 2016 (2nd night)
Chinese Democracy - Philadelphia 2016
Welcome To The Jungle - Detroit 2016
Double Talkin Jive - Kobe 2017
Better - Houston 2016
Estranged - Mexico, April 2016
Live And Let Die - Curitiba 2016
Rocket Queen - Houston 2016
You Could Be Mine - Houston 2016
Shadow of Your Love - Talinn 2018
This I Love - Seattle 2016
Civil War - Houston 2016
Coma - Houston 2016
Sweet Child O' Mine - Houston 2016
Wichita Lineman - Washington 2017
My Michelle - Arlington 2016
Out Ta Get Me - Houston 2016
November Rain - Mexico, April 2016 (2nd night)
Knockin On Heavens Door - Nashville 2016
Nightrain - Houston 2016

Patience - LA 2016
Madagascar - Chorzow 2018
The Seeker - San Diego 2016
Paradise City - Foxboro 2016

Notes:
Mr. Brownstone - A hybrid of Troubadour/Vegas would be the best, switching when Axl breaks his foot to the 'throne' show. Otherwise, Vegas 2016 (2nd night).
DTJ - This song could be picked from dozens of shows but it's gotta have a 'Home Fuck'. :lol:
LALD - I'm sure there's some performances with better screams, but I picked Curitiba because the first scream sounds good while he's running, so it'd be a good performance for a video release IMO.
Slither - Excluded because I've yet to hear one with a good chorus.
The other CD songs - 4 is enough, but if someone can find a better CITR or Madagascar then please post it.
Attitude/New Rose - Who really wants this?
Godfather, WYWH, Layla - 'No solos' seems pretty obvious, especially since there's extended solos in DTJ and RQ.
KOHD - Honestly I just picked a random one that wasn't 12 minutes.
Adler songs - Maybe add them as 'bonus tracks' but I really doubt they'd use guest appearances on a live album. That also means no Angus Young, Dave Grohl, Baz, Pink, or anyone else I'm forgetting.
Extra covers - Wichita and The Seeker should be the extent of the 'extra covers', even Wichita is a bit much but Guns version is really nice, so fuck it, Wichita Lineman can be included.

What do you guys think?

I was  going to say add the angus songs from the sydney, Aus gig until i scrolled down and saw "no angus".

Edited by Sydney Fan

51 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Houston 2016.

Vegas for audio, but I really do not want to watch a bluray with Axl sitting in the chair.

I know what you’re saying, but if it were to be a compilation of all different shows, I’d like at least a couple tracks showing “the throne”. That was a major part of the history of the tour, so a couple tracks on there to commemorate that would be cool...

10 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Gotta put OTGM/My Michelle with Adler. That was a flawless performance that needs to be on a live release.

Agreed 1000%

Paradise City from Minneapolis.  That was the only one where Axl didn't sing over Slash's intro leads with Mickey and he actually blew the whistle at the right time. 

• GNFNR 1

12 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

And I do have to say the best live and let die for me is Detroit. They reinvigorated that song for me in 2016. It was so great live. But Detroit because of the screams plus it was solid and the moment with Slash 

2016 definitely gave me new love for the song too.. specially the version Noise Pollution used for his multicam.. Not sure if the audio was from this show or not. 

44 minutes ago, ivelliosRP said:

SCOM - NONE! With Axl's current voice, this song just sucks IMO

It only works when there is a loud crowd singing over/harmonizing with him. 

Chinese Democracy - Moscow 2018

Welcome to the jungle - Chicago 2016

Shadow of your love - Chorzów or Taipei

Paradise City- Hawaii

Madagscar - Oslo 2018

Don't Cry - Chorzów 2018

SCOM - The Forum 29/11/17

Live And Let Die - Washington DC 2016

He sounds like fucking beast on this screams and they are pretty long

Also Nightrain from Chorzów has a special place in my heart... He sounds great on intro there and whole performance of this song was one of the best in 2018 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Was Houston’s Nightrain much different from what we generally heard on that leg? Coachella’s soundboard version sounds fucking awesome, is Houston really better than that one?

That one was kinda random, I'm hoping people start posting better versions of Nightrain, SCOM, KOHD, etc... but Houston is a good 'standard' performance. 

11 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I was  going to say add the angus songs from the sydney, Aus gig until i scrolled down and saw "no angus".

The songs with Adler or Angus would be cool but I think the 'main set' should have no guests... if they actually release a live album I hope those are 'bonus tracks' tho.