Year in review

cineater

Don't know about the rest of you but it's been a pretty good year.  I got the permission to fuck off card and I took it.  I just get happier as the days go on.  And in my new world, I'm the sweet young thing.  It's kind of like being a teen again, you recognize the group you are in.  It's like, quite truthfully, I just don't give a fuck.  Running around with my friends, listening to music and I really don't have anything I have to accomplish.

How'd the rest of you fair?

This year was way better than last year. Ive seen improved health - a result of agonizing dedication and discipline. A down side was that my health got in the way of my ambitious garden project, but things are in place for next season. I've done most of the hard tasks now. Some of my work has been appreciated by people I respect recently. Things are lined up for the coming year to keep getting better and better!

^^^ Thats the adulting stuff but whats really awesome is that the Government started mailing me incredible weed, beer is a dollar per bottle and Ive got a women so incredible that I half expect her to yell "Prank!" and ditch me at any moment :lol:

Plus, my cat is incredible.

• Like 3

Hasn't been a great year, but I've had worse. 

Didn't get to travel a lot, which is never a good thing, only made three short trips to Ireland, Switzerland and the Czech Republic.

Ended a relationship, which is ultimately for the best, but never easy.

Highlights; I got to see GnR for the first time live and that was really awesome. I also started a new band, so I got to practise and play a lot of guitar this year, and that's always a good thing. Health wise I've been great, didn't even catch the common cold this year. And I managed to survive the hottest summer of my life with only a minimum of whining, I suppose that counts for a highlight.

Hope 2019 will be better.

Edited by EvanG
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

This was easily the worst year of my life but it had it's high points, too. I had a really great vacation in Colorado so that was nice.

Looking forward to it being a new calender year lol

Sorry to hear that buddy.

I think I know what the biggest problem was though; you didn't make it to Music Night enough :)

It's ok though, @Wagszilla suffers from the same issue.

• Thanks 1

One of the worst years of my life. Got cheated on by the only girl I ever loved, got kicked out of a band so they could hire a female singer they had in mind so they could have sex with her, lost friends, failed to make new ones or bounce back. I’ve tried everything to make it a good year too. Tried out for clubs and bands, joined dating apps, tried to meet new people, nothing.

Cant wait for 2019.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

Minimum? :lol: Nah mate, you moaned about it more than me!!! 

I know, I know... I was trying to be funny. I did sorta take over the whining thread for the summer, but that was my way of coping with it... well, that and booze...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cineater said:

Don't know about the rest of you but it's been a pretty good year.  I got the permission to fuck off card and I took it.  I just get happier as the days go on.  And in my new world, I'm the sweet young thing.  It's kind of like being a teen again, you recognize the group you are in.  It's like, quite truthfully, I just don't give a fuck.  Running around with my friends, listening to music and I really don't have anything I have to accomplish.

How'd the rest of you fair?

Retire?  Hit the lottery?  What's this permission to fuck off card and how do we all get one?  :lol:

My year was pretty good.  Work is busy, can't complain about the pay, went to some concerts and sporting events, played a lot of volleyball despite some creaky joints, house is almost paid off!  Now if I could just get my kids completely launched... :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Sorry to hear that buddy.

I think I know what the biggest problem was though; you didn't make it to Music Night enough :)

It's ok though, @Wagszilla suffers from the same issue.

Thanks Russ. Its ok, I make do with the cards I'm dealt. The jist of everything is family related and luckily, things are sort of stabilized now. Between work, my band, and school I am always a hermit with my free time but I always have a blast when I come to your house!

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Look, if you'd've stopped saying 'yes' I would've pulled out pal, I dunno how many times I'm gonna have to apologise...and do we have to air our dirty laundry for all the forum?  

Jesus fuck, Len :lol:

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

One of the worst years of my life. Got cheated on by the only girl I ever loved, got kicked out of a band so they could hire a female singer they had in mind so they could have sex with her, lost friends, failed to make new ones or bounce back. I’ve tried everything to make it a good year too. Tried out for clubs and bands, joined dating apps, tried to meet new people, nothing.

Cant wait for 2019.

Sorry to hear it, man. Breakups suck. I aired a lot of my breakup stuff on here like 4 years ago. All the old cliches are true, just keep trying and moving forward.

Fuck your old band, too, if thats the case

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

11 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Thanks Russ. Its ok, I make do with the cards I'm dealt. The jist of everything is family related and luckily, things are sort of stabilized now. Between work, my band, and school I am always a hermit with my free time but I always have a blast when I come to your house!

Jesus fuck, Len :lol:

Sorry to hear it, man. Breakups suck. I aired a lot of my breakup stuff on here like 4 years ago. All the old cliches are true, just keep trying and moving forward.

Fuck your old band, too, if thats the case

It’s one of those things I wish I was making up. Lost some of my faith in humanity for it lol.

2 hours ago, triad said:

Retire?  Hit the lottery?  What's this permission to fuck off card and how do we all get one?  :lol:

My year was pretty good.  Work is busy, can't complain about the pay, went to some concerts and sporting events, played a lot of volleyball despite some creaky joints, house is almost paid off!  Now if I could just get my kids completely launched... :rolleyes:

Retired!  House paid for, kids launched.  The only thing I have to do is stay alive.  Go for the dream, it's better than you think.

• GNFNR 1

Overall Id say this was a pretty good year for me. I accomplished a lot at my job, won two awards for a project I completed, released a new studio album, performed live shows for the first time in seven years, made a lot of progress with my fiction that im writng, and most importantly of all, got some closure regarding things from my past.

there were a few rough speed bumps in my personal life, though. Some of which im still not completely over. But that's life, and overall id day the positives outweighed the negatives for me. Definitely my best year in a long, long time.

here's hoping 2019 will be even better! For all of us!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

As long as my two kids are happy and healthy then I am happy. So 2018 has been a good year for me. 

My favourite thing to do is go and see live bands, so finally managing to get a ticket to see Jack White was a huge highlight as well as GN’R at Donington. 

Hey, I saw that Jack White show too.  Not my normal thing but I enjoyed it and even like his album.

• Like 1

All I wanted at the start of this year was to somehow keep the business running. I had no idea at all if I'd need to give it up to be a mum. 

Anyway, I rebranded the biggest company I've worked with yet, and am taking out a permanent desk in a coworking space next year. I've landed a role as a visiting lecturer at a university. I've lost weight for the first time ever.

The only thing that really sucks is that I've been too busy for friends. Even keeping in touch via text. Also, I failed driving test five times. :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cineater said:

Hey, I saw that Jack White show too.  Not my normal thing but I enjoyed it and even like his album.

Yeah, it’s a really great show, the lady on drums is very cool and I didn’t like his latest album much until I heard some of it live and now I listen to it quite a lot.