Year in review

cineater

10 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@Gracii Guns you failed your driving test 5 times !! Is that just this year?? :wow:

Congrats at the job stuff :)

Yes, had tests in April. June, August,October and November.

The first three were anxiety. I failed on one fault on the fourth after taking beta blockers. Then failed the fifth after the beta blockers spaced me out! 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Yes, had tests in April. June, August,October and November.

The first three were anxiety. I failed on one fault on the fourth after taking beta blockers. Then failed the fifth after the beta blockers spaced me out! 

Sorry for laughing, but it is a bit funny;)  my youngest failed 7 and passed on her 8th but they were spaced over a few years. 

Honestly, i think she failed more than she told us about :lol: 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Sorry for laughing, but it is a bit funny;)  my youngest failed 7 and passed on her 8th but they were spaced over a few years. 

Honestly, i think she failed more than she told us about :lol: 

I failed a fuckload of times, I’m sure it was 8 or 9, even when i passed it was by the skin of my teeth, i got like 12 minor faults which is absolute minimum you can have.  Got banned for a year within the first week of driving too :lol:

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I failed a fuckload of times, I’m sure it was 8 or 9, even when i passed it was by the skin of my teeth, i got like 12 minor faults which is absolute minimum you can have.  Got banned for a year within the first week of driving too :lol:

I got 20 minors, 7 majors and a dangerous in my first test. Sounds like a description of a Tory party paedophile orgy doesn't it? :lol:

I promptly got 2 speeding tickets three days apart and lost said licence because they were three days before if held it for two years. 

That was back in 2010 and I didn't bother driving again until I took my test again a year ago. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I got 20 minors, 7 majors and a dangerous in my first test. Sounds like a description of a Tory party paedophile orgy doesn't it? :lol:

I promptly got 2 speeding tickets three days apart and lost said licence because they were three days before if held it for two years. 

That was back in 2010 and I didn't bother driving again until I took my test again a year ago. 

I think i got flashed today.  Not in a 2am in a trenchcoat whilst taking a shortcut through the park sort of way, I mean like speed camera.  I googled it and apparently its a ton fine and points on your lisence, I fuckin' hope not, was just about losing the effects of those two driving bans on my insurance and now this comes along.

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I can't ride a bike :lol:  Foot patrol over here.  I'm pretty much the definition of 'good for nothing' :lol:

I can't believe you still can't ride a bike. Maybe that should be your good intention for 2019. Learning to ride a bike. Maybe your niece can help you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lio said:

I can't believe you still can't ride a bike. Maybe that should be your good intention for 2019. Learning to ride a bike. Maybe your niece can help you.

It's not like I'm trying and I just can't, I've just never bothered and at my age why would I?  I work 9 hours a day and drive, what do I wanna learn to ride a bike for, to do what with it?

Here it's unheard of for a grown man not to be able to know how to ride a bike.

If it's within reasonable distance (under 15 km), I usually take my bike and not the car. It's cheaper and healthier. And I go for bike rides just to clear my head and for exercise.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

If it's within reasonable distance (under 15 km), I usually take my bike and not the car. It's cheaper and healthier. And I go for bike rides just to clear my head and for exercise.

Its probably very rare here too.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Its probably very rare here too.

You live in London, right? It's probably not as suitable for riding bikes as it is over here.

I live near a lot of nature, so it's fun riding my bike through the forests. I could be walking, but that's too slow for me.

13 minutes ago, EvanG said:

You live in London, right? It's probably not as suitable for riding bikes as it is over here.

I live near a lot of nature, so it's fun riding my bike through the forests. I could be walking, but that's too slow for me.

No i live in the suburbs outside London, far end of the tube map though only a 15 min train ride from central london

On ‎14‎.‎12‎.‎2018 at 1:11 PM, EvanG said:

But on the other hand, Len can ride a donkey like it's no man's business.

Edited by SoulMonster
Replaced camel with donkey to hopefully make it completely accurate.

Lost both parents in a four month period. Dog escaped the fence one night and never returned. We fear the coyotes got her. 

On the positive, published a book that has sold about 600 copies on Amazon. And bought a new house that is my wife’s dream property. Five aces, big horse barn, three car garage and two mother in-law apartments. Plus it’s in the country, away from the city!  And we got a new baby beagle that is the cutest puppy in the world.

So a very up and down year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Apollo said:

Lost both parents in a four month period. Dog escaped the fence one night and never returned. We fear the coyotes got her. 

On the positive, published a book that has sold about 600 copies on Amazon. And bought a new house that is my wife’s dream property. Five aces, big horse barn, three car garage and two mother in-law apartments. Plus it’s in the country, away from the city!  And we got a new baby beagle that is the cutest puppy in the world.

So a very up and down year. 

Im very sorry for your losses. My sincerest condolences.

congratulations though on the success of your novel! Did you have to do any marketing or promotion to get it to sell that many copies? Or did that all come about solely from good word of mouth?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Im very sorry for your losses. My sincerest condolences.

congratulations though on the success of your novel! Did you have to do any marketing or promotion to get it to sell that many copies? Or did that all come about solely from good word of mouth?

Thank you buddy. 

I will send you a PM on how I did it.  

Hope to have it sell a thousand copies at it’s one-year of life. Then just a couple hundred a year after that. 

I believe this is how a lot of authors make a living on Amazon. They build up a following. They release a book and it only sells a thousand copies in a year. Maybe they make $7 per book. That’s just $7,000 for the year - not too much. 

BUT if you have ten books in your library.....now you are making $70,000 a year. 

I’ve published four books. 

One sold about 2,500 copies, but it’s shelf life is done. Regional book, very specific in regards to topic and region. So now it only sells like 25 copies a year.  Basically a one-and-done project  

I had two more than died upon arrival. One sold like 10 copies. Ten total copies. The other maybe hit 100. But is has died, selling 2-3 a month. A lot of time and work for very little return.

The fourth one is still selling 2-to-8 copies a day. I would love for that to continue for as long as possible. I have to assume it will gradually taper off. Honestly I thought it was done a month or two ago. But somehow she still sells a few copies every day. 

I have a huge series up next. Hopefully within two months. I’m thinking it will have four books in it. 

Like I said. You don’t need one book to sell 10,000 copies. If you can have 7-8 books that just sell 2-3 copies a day....then you can make a nice chunk of change. 

Lol, with that said. I could release my series and it could bomb and sell 29 total copies. Then that’s four months of work to earn $200....or roughly 5 cents an hour.