How would people react if Axl performed in his natural register at this point?

Please don't take this as me disrespecting Axl's vocal ability. It's really more of an issue of age, lifestyle, and overall health that I am referring to here. Those in the "high-pitched growl" school of vocalists  rarely seem to be able to perform live consistently in such a physically taxing manner throughout their careers. Chris Cornell is one of the few singers I ever heard that could maintain it completely. Zeppelin's O2 shows forced the band to tune down a whole step to D to compensate for his lower voice, but honestly I find Plant's vocals were beginning to decline by the mid-70's at times. As magical as Axl sounds when he is "on," it can be uncomfortable to hear when he is not. It would seem a better way of moving forward to me to me if he were to sing in the same octave as his speaking voice a la "It's So Easy."  Future material ,if it arrives,  could be written and arranged around a more relaxed vocal delivery. On the other hand, GN'R's sound is dominated and in many ways defined by the way Axl sounded in his 20's. I imagine it would be extremely foreign to many fans.  Thoughts? 

The casual fans wouldn't notice or care. It's difficult though because Axl singing down an octave or two means that the band has to tune down as well. They're already in E flat tuning. Imagine Nightrain in Drop C. It just wouldn't sound as good instrumentally.

6 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

The casual fans wouldn't notice or care. It's difficult though because Axl singing down an octave or two means that the band has to tune down as well. They're already in E flat tuning. Imagine Nightrain in Drop C. It just wouldn't sound as good instrumentally.

True. I'm just trying to envision some sort of scenario in which they could continue to perform without relying on digital trickery. 

• GNFNR 1