VIDEO: Izzy looks like he's about to attack Axl for throwing the mic and walking off the stage

If IZZY or any other member of the band could have kicked AXL's ass back in those days, he wouldn't have got away with most of the things he did.

While not a big guy at all, AXL was in better shape than any of them and considered crazy enough not to mess around with.

Sorum was probably the only one that might have tried, but not being one of the original members probably kept him in check. He had too much to lose.

• Like 4

Izzy is a simple man. Recognizable by his person and his guitar playing. He just wants to make music without problems. Of course, in the 80's he was a rebel like the others. But I think that Izzy has changed in the early 90's. Almost 30 years old, he just wanted to go his own way and make music. Constantly the problems with Axl, constantly too late. I can totally understand him, that he left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderram said:

If IZZY or any other member of the band could have kicked AXL's ass back in those days, he wouldn't have got away with most of the things he did.

While not a big guy at all, AXL was in better shape than any of them and considered crazy enough not to mess around with.

Sorum was probably the only one that might have tried, but not being one of the original members probably kept him in check. He had too much to lose.

I remember reading in Duff's autobiography that Matt once tried to challenge Axl when he didn't show up on time but got turned away by his security 

• Like 1

Ive seen different footage of the mic throw/Izzy mic kick in one of the docs or TV specials. In that angle Izzy, to me, doesnt look so much angry but authoritative. Like a boss saying "Get back to work."

Whereas once Guns was in may ways Izzys band, by this point he'd been ignored, turned down and offered a pay cut. His look at Axl speaks volumes in that context, imo.

5 hours ago, neon said:

IIrc that was at the 1991 Mannheim, Germany concert. Right after the concert Izzy decided to leave the band.

Is this the concert were there was almost another riot? I think I read in Slash's or Duff's book about Matt going after Axl when he left the stage...

11 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I really think axl had some huge mental problems during the illusions tour.

Definitely. He had a fucked up childhood, anger issues, paranoia, would hold therapy sessions on stage, and explored all kinds of weird therapy and psychic things looking for peace and happiness. I don't think he was simply a self-absorbed asshole, I think he was someone who was suffering and didn't know how to handle it along with the fame and money he had rather suddenly. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Wow, lol, Izzy went all Chuck Norris on that bonehead.  He's probably slow to anger but watch out when he gets there.  Was this during his first tour with the Ju Ju Hounds?

Yup. Pumpehuset, Copenhagen, Denmark 21.11.1992 (it's in the video description). It's a popular venue, I was going to check the place out when I visited Copenhagen few years ago, but I didn't have time. 

Now that it crossed my mind. More of Izzy's tour history (post 1991) and other Izzy related info, can be found here in case somebody's interested: 

https://izzystradlin.wixsite.com/unofficial

It's a website one of our fellow Izzy fans has made.  

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Yup. Pumpehuset, Copenhagen, Denmark 21.11.1992 (it's in the video description). It's a popular venue, I was going to check the place out when I visited Copenhagen few years ago, but I didn't have time. 

Now that it crossed my mind. More of Izzy's tour history (post 1991) and other Izzy related info, can be found here in case somebody's interested: 

https://izzystradlin.wixsite.com/unofficial

It's a website one of our fellow Izzy fans has made.  

Very cool, I'll check it out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Definitely. He had a fucked up childhood, anger issues, paranoia, would hold therapy sessions on stage, and explored all kinds of weird therapy and psychic things looking for peace and happiness. I don't think he was simply a self-absorbed asshole, I think he was someone who was suffering and didn't know how to handle it along with the fame and money he had rather suddenly. 

Don't forget the yes-men around him. This one concert probably added more fuel to Izzy's decision to leave. I wonder how they patched up in '06 though, because in '02 Axl is still talking a lot of shit about Izzy.