VIDEO: Izzy looks like he's about to attack Axl for throwing the mic and walking off the stage

1 hour ago, GoForJMark said:

Don't forget the yes-men around him. This one concert probably added more fuel to Izzy's decision to leave. I wonder how they patched up in '06 though, because in '02 Axl is still talking a lot of shit about Izzy.

I think we sometimes forget these are human beings.  I think if we keep that in mind, it isn't so unfathomable if we have ever been in a long relationship that went south.  In that moment in time you can't stand the other person and need to get away.  Years later, with limited exposure to said person, it doesn't seem so bad.    I've never been in a mega band, but I would imagine it isn't all that different from living with someone you are dating.  These guys were together all the time, in stressful environments putting up with each others idiosyncrasies.  It's like living with a girl that monopolizes your time, and you aint even trying to bang her.  I think after a time, everything is nails on a chalkboard.

But, anyway, I digress. Those guys patching it up for a few hours at a time, a decade later is not all that different from you or I hugging that bitch you called a cunt and threw a beer can on after dating her for 4 months in high school.   I suppose, if all people really had was videos of that break up, they would ask the same question  "I wonder why he's hugging that cunt, he was just talking shit about her 4 years ago."

Food for thought.

Edited by DeadSlash
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DeadSlash said:

I think we sometimes forget these are human beings.  I think if we keep that in mind, it isn't so unfathomable if we have ever been in a long relationship that went south.  In that moment in time you can't stand the other person and need to get away.  Years later, with limited exposure to said person, it doesn't seem so bad.    I've never been in a mega band, but I would imagine it isn't all that different from living with someone you are dating.  These guys were together all the time, in stressful environments putting up with each others idiosyncrasies.  It's like living with a girl that monopolizes your time, and you aint even trying to bang her.  I think after a time, everything is nails on a chalkboard.

But, anyway, I digress. Those guys patching it up for a few hours at a time, a decade later is not all that different from you or I hugging that bitch you called a cunt and threw a beer can on after dating her for 4 months in high school.   I suppose, if all people really had was videos of that break up, they would ask the same question  "I wonder why he's hugging that cunt, he was just talking shit about her 4 years ago."

Food for thought.

Man that’s a lot different from what I do when I break up with a chick. 

3 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Man that’s a lot different from what I do when I break up with a chick. 

I've actually never done that prezactly.  The worst thing I ever did was tell a girl I was breaking up with her because it really skeeved me out that she shaved her head, the truth was I was tired of tapping it.  My style is more ghosting, kinda like Izzy, tbh.  

My point is, you know those people.  It's not like we don't ALL know "those people."  Am I wrong?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DeadSlash said:

Food for thought.

Point taken lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Is it a fact that he quit after this show? Wembley was his last concert.

he quit in November.. but the St. Louis Riot, this incident, Axls behavior, GN'R managment were reasons to quit. Maybe at this time, he wasn't sure to stay oder quit (nobody knows) but in my opinion Izzy changed alot from 88 to 91. I watched all bootlegs over the time and Izzy looks unfocused at some time in later '91 gigs (after St. Louis). Watch the end of Paradise City. Each band member was lifted onto the shoulder by a crew member to celebrate the first successful leg and the upcoming release of the UYI records, except Izzy, he immediately left the stage. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

he quit in November.. but the St. Louis Riot, this incident, Axls behavior, GN'R managment were reasons to quit. Maybe at this time, he wasn't sure to stay oder quit (nobody knows) but in my opinion Izzy changed alot from 88 to 91. I watched all bootlegs over the time and Izzy looks unfocused at some time in later '91 gigs (after St. Louis). Watch the end of Paradise City. Each band member was lifted onto the shoulder by a crew member to celebrate the first successful leg and the upcoming release of the UYI records, except Izzy, he immediately left the stage. 

Quite right. He communicated to be wanting to quit quite a while before Wembley. Izzy leaving the band was announced in November and made official and legal then. Niven begged him to finish the leg and gave him an extra hotel room close to the stadium so he wouldn’t have to wait with the others (using drugs) and chill until Axl would decide to come on stage. (he was punctual that day, some argue to please Izzy and make him stay.) I don’t have the texts now but I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that he decided to quit right after Mannheim and before Wembley. I’ll try to find something.

EDIT: Found something. Scroll down @RONINs post, there is some Niven quote saying Izzy wanted to quit right there after Mannheim. It is Niven, so probably take it with a grain of salt. For some reason I totally can see Izzy wanting to quit then and letting Niven persuade him to play Wembley and finish the leg.

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

It had to be really difficult for Izzy trying to maintain his sobriety around the chaos that was Guns at that time.  Damn near impossible I would imagine.  I know he took steps to help him stay sober but that environment just permeates everything.  It's hard enough trying to keep a band full of addicts together but when you have one or two members who are trying to get or stay clean it becomes an almost impossible situation.

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

It had to be really difficult for Izzy trying to maintain his sobriety around the chaos that was Guns at that time.  Damn near impossible I would imagine.  I know he took steps to help him stay sober but that environment just permeates everything.  It's hard enough trying to keep a band full of addicts together but when you have one or two members who are trying to get or stay clean it becomes an almost impossible situation.

Most likely another reason he h ad to bail, was the band  environment was putting his sobriety at risk.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:02 PM, DeadSlash said:

It's like living with a girl that monopolizes your time, and you aint even trying to bang her.  I think after a time, everything is nails on a chalkboard.

Food for thought.

One question, why would you live with a girl and not try to bang her?  Kind of defeats the purpose!

19 minutes ago, T-Minus said:

As opposed to accepting the late starts, the ridiculous hours of doing nothing, wasting money and tolerating Axl's ludicrous and out of control ego and behaviour.  By not sitting idly by and allowing it to continue he was putting his foot down... By getting the fuck out of a chaotic environment on tour he was putting his foot down, by quitting at their peak he was putting his foot down, by openly stating that those music videos were fucking ridiculous he was putting his foot down, by rightly refusing to be forced to take a pay cut and by telling them to fuck off for offering him peanuts in comparison to what they were getting for this sham of a "reunion" he was putting his foot down.

He was in no way perfect but to me is the one that remained true to himself. 

Exactly, the measure of defiance is hardly staying there and taking it up the arse ad infinitum.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, T-Minus said:

As opposed to accepting the late starts, the ridiculous hours of doing nothing, wasting money and tolerating Axl's ludicrous and out of control ego and behaviour.  By not sitting idly by and allowing it to continue he was putting his foot down...

This is an odd perspective given that IZZY put up with it for at least 6+ years of the GN'R era (85-91) and also the beginning of the '14 Years' he and AXL were in bands together before that.

So his tolerance was really no different than anyone else in the band. In fact, SLASH and DUFF put up with it for a lesser period of time when you really get down to it. IZZY just tapped out at an earlier date because he'd already been with him so much longer. But the reality is he spent more time in bands with AXL and tolerated his antics longer than anyone else.

SLASH was really the 1st one to really put his foot down. That's why they had a 20 year feud while IZZY was still showing up at some of GN'R shows during that time.

Edited by thunderram