VIDEO: Izzy looks like he's about to attack Axl for throwing the mic and walking off the stage

14 hours ago, T-Minus said:

As opposed to accepting the late starts, the ridiculous hours of doing nothing, wasting money and tolerating Axl's ludicrous and out of control ego and behaviour.  By not sitting idly by and allowing it to continue he was putting his foot down... By getting the fuck out of a chaotic environment on tour he was putting his foot down, by quitting at their peak he was putting his foot down, by openly stating that those music videos were fucking ridiculous he was putting his foot down, by rightly refusing to be forced to take a pay cut and by telling them to fuck off for offering him peanuts in comparison to what they were getting for this sham of a "reunion" he was putting his foot down.

He was in no way perfect but to me is the one that remained true to himself. 

Oh, I have respect for him quitting when he didn't enjoy it. But quitting isn't to stand up to someone. That is standing up to one's own principles. Standing up to Axl would have been to confront him with his bullshit, talked some sense in him, and basically refused to allow him to turn GN'R into something you didn't like. No one seems to have stood up to Axl, unless they threatened him with a gun. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Oh, I have respect for him quitting when he didn't enjoy it. But quitting isn't to stand up to someone. 

Exactly. If he was really standing up to AXL, why did he fill in for Gilby during his absence? Why did he show up for some guest appearances during the New GN'R Era?

For someone that supposedly put their foot down and wouldn't tolerate all the boorish behaviour and late starts, he sure had an odd way of committing to completely cut it out of his life.

Edited by thunderram

On 14.12.2018 at 11:54 AM, t-p-d-a said:

he quit in November.. but the St. Louis Riot, this incident, Axls behavior, GN'R managment were reasons to quit. Maybe at this time, he wasn't sure to stay oder quit (nobody knows) but in my opinion Izzy changed alot from 88 to 91. I watched all bootlegs over the time and Izzy looks unfocused at some time in later '91 gigs (after St. Louis). Watch the end of Paradise City. Each band member was lifted onto the shoulder by a crew member to celebrate the first successful leg and the upcoming release of the UYI records, except Izzy, he immediately left the stage. 

Which is the moment where he leaves the stage?  is it shown? I quess I missed that. yes at the end you can actually see everyone, but not Izzy.

4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

No but it is being  respectful to the fans who paid money to see them which was izzys gripes with axls no shows. You show up you play.

Better a disappointment of a few of shows than the multitude fuckeries Axl has subjected them all to over the years.

Edited by Len Cnut

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Oh, I have respect for him quitting when he didn't enjoy it. But quitting isn't to stand up to someone. That is standing up to one's own principles. Standing up to Axl would have been to confront him with his bullshit, talked some sense in him, and basically refused to allow him to turn GN'R into something you didn't like. No one seems to have stood up to Axl, unless they threatened him with a gun. 

Maybe he did confront Axl and it just fell on deaf ears.

Edited by lame ass security

I'm pretty certain in my own head that Izzy made his feeling known to Axl plenty more times than any of the others.  As for why did he fill in for Gilby?  Money...  And appear in the NewGnR days?  Money....  Why didn't he play this sham reunion?  Money....

And rightly so, why should someone do something for less than they believe they are worth?  Good on him.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, T-Minus said:

I'm pretty certain in my own head that Izzy made his feeling known to Axl plenty more times than any of the others.  As for why did he fill in for Gilby?  Money...  And appear in the NewGnR days?  Money....  Why didn't he play this sham reunion?  Money....

And rightly so, why should someone do something for less than they believe they are worth?  Good on him.

The only reason someone would is if they were financially strapped, I assume Izzy isn't.  I guess the avocado business is pretty lucrative these days.😄

• Like 1