Alan Niven Still Condemns Axl Rose for Performing Under Devil Horns With AC/DC

A song cannot hurt anyone, it is a coming together of sounds to produce melody, it can't do anything to you expect make you think and feel...what you think and feel is your look out, not the fucking songs, the song can't do anything, it can't strike, violate or otherwise accost anybody.  The song made me do it, drugs made me do it, excess sugar made me do it, the theme tune to Rainbow made me do it, fuck off you cunt, you did it.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 3

What in the hell?! Niven is condemning lyrics because they're on the "dark side" and saying he never would have allowed Axl to perform with AC/DC with their stage set? Maybe Niven should have been more concerned about what was happening with Axl and preventing some of the shit while he was manager of GnR. Niven has obviously lost touch with reality. Blaming music for causing people to kill or become evil?

• Like 3

If a song can advocates the devil, do Guns n Roses advocate rape? I mean, there’s It’s so Easy, there’s the 1st album cover that Niven thought was brilliant and stuff like that. How come that is not going to the dark side, Niven? I mean, seriously...? WTF. :facepalm::lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Ridiculous. This takes me back to the early 80s when seemingly everyone who believed in God felt they needed to stop others from listening to music they didn't approve of.

Lol what do you think is happening these days?  

https://www.techradar.com/news/spotify-is-removing-controversial-artists-from-curated-playlists

A year or more ago on Lafons previous podcast I remember AC/DC came up, raised as an example of an awesome band, and Niven interjected 'AC/DC could be Guns roadies' or even maybe 'AC/DC arent even fit to be Guns roadies' (both paraphrased).

No mention of the Devil at that time. Makes me think theres some animosity from some unknown event back in the day. Snakepit 2.0 opened for AC/DC and Niven says 'Slash possess the light' so there must be something more to all this?

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

What the fuck is he talklin' about? :lol:  Christ Almighty, you used to manage these cunts, surely you must've noticed that those tours weren't exactly church socials.  As far as Night Prowler (not stalker) anyone thats fucked up enough to listen to a song and go 'i know, i'm gonna fuckin' go kill some fuckin' cunt' he's already a few short upstairs.  Any number of psychos got gee'd up listening to music, so fuckin' what, its not the fuckin' songs fault.  Charles Manson famously took inspiration from The White Album.  Fuckin' prat.

Are you John Lydon?😄  Because I'm pretty convinced that you are.

• Haha 1