Yankee Stadium summer 2019?

It’s Diamond Dave so who knows but something to chew on-   “Metallica, Guns N’ Roses, Jason Aldean, the Foo Fighters, Church, and Stapleton. And they all said that, if everything happens, they would certainly be involved.”     https://www.vulture.com/amp/2018/12/david-lee-roth-on-the-future-of-van-halen.html?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 1

I just came in here to see if anybody else posted this possible news. This (as was already stated) could be nothing, but.............. could you imagine if it wasn’t?!  Could you imagine in a million years how MASSIVE an event would be if  Van Halen, GNR, Metallica, and Foo Fighters shared a stage? This would be like the US festival for another generation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mooch14 said:

I just came in here to see if anybody else posted this possible news. This (as was already stated) could be nothing, but.............. could you imagine if it wasn’t?!  Could you imagine in a million years how MASSIVE an event would be if  Van Halen, GNR, Metallica, and Foo Fighters shared a stage? This would be like the US festival for another generation. 

The other bands yes, vh no. Roths voice is worse than axls and his vocals on adkot was yelping then singing. Roths voice is done. Plus id like to see michael Anthony share the stage but the have left that 20 years to late. It gives me an opportunity to post this,

Edited by Sydney Fan

Here's the full quote:

Are you telling me that Van Halen will play Yankee Stadium next summer? You promised four New York copy editors free tickets today.
Yeah, but I can’t … If I say something on tape here and everybody goes, “Oh, this leaked…” But, the band will be — I can’t say.

Come on.
Well, I don’t know how far this privacy actually goes. But the band is solvent. And I can say that I contacted colleagues about being part of the show — Metallica, Guns N’ Roses, Jason Aldean, the Foo Fighters, Church, and Stapleton. And they all said that, if everything happens, they would certainly be involved.

So this would be a festival?
No, all I talked about was a phone call.

I just read that entire article and two things you cannot say about DLR is that he's lazy or boring.  Not many rock stars became EMTs or are capable of piloting a helicopter. He has a fear of heights and became a rock climber.  Yeah, he can be a douche but he's an interesting one.  Btw, I seriously doubt that show will happen.

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 4

There was a time Axl was one of the most interesting musicians for me. He was surrounded by people like Buckethead, Finck, Brain, Beaven, etc. I thought he had it all to make hundreds of great modern rock songs.

Watching him become an 80s rock singer parody (or an older and heavier parody of himself) is certainly a big frustration to young Edson here. ACDC, Van Halen... Geez.

Now I know he's just a cheesy rock singer playing for money. But for a long period back then, I believed in Axl's lol vision. I wanted that Axl's solo industrial/experimental album badly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Draguns said:

This isn't going to happen. Also Sammy Hagar was better in Van Halen than Roth. 

Haha, good one! I mean yeah, Hagar's voice is still really strong. But Diamond Dave was THE MAN in the early to mid 80s!

Fair Warning is in my top 10 albums.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Here's the full quote:

Are you telling me that Van Halen will play Yankee Stadium next summer? You promised four New York copy editors free tickets today.
Yeah, but I can’t … If I say something on tape here and everybody goes, “Oh, this leaked…” But, the band will be — I can’t say.

Come on.
Well, I don’t know how far this privacy actually goes. But the band is solvent. And I can say that I contacted colleagues about being part of the show — Metallica, Guns N’ Roses, Jason Aldean, the Foo Fighters, Church, and Stapleton. And they all said that, if everything happens, they would certainly be involved.

So this would be a festival?
No, all I talked about was a phone call.

Well, as long as I understand it, Dizzy alone could play bongos on "Drop Dead Legs" and they would still say that Guns N' Roses was at that stage.

Knowing the band, even if they invited only Melissa, all flyers would be "with special guest Guns N' Roses".

I love the band, but I have learned my lesson: I only believe and enjoy it when I see it happening.

Now let me crank "Coma" for the tenth time today! CYA!

11 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The thread insinuated Guns and Metallica would attend as a group. The article clearly state he reached to members of the band and I don’t see Axl being one of those people.  Van Halen are kinda cheesy.

Wow, ok? You do know that Axl almost did an entire tour with Van Halen previously, right?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wow, ok? You do know that Axl almost did an entire tour with Van Halen previously, right?

I’m aware that a broke Axl was manipulated by Irving Azhoff to possibly tour Stadiums with Van Halen with the stipulation of a reunion with Slash. I’m not being shitty man. I just don’t see it happening man. It sounds like a real cool idea, but I don’t see GNR the band performing. That is what the thread insinuated and that’s what I’m calling BS on. 

In a limited discussion regarding Van Halen with a founding GNR member He had nothing but good things to say about them other than the fact that he never wanted to sound like Van Halen, meaning he didn't want you to know it is Guns any time a song was played and be redundant in that or stuck in that scope.  This convo was regarding the falling out of Axl and Slash in regards to direction years and years ago

My point is I dont think there is bad blood between say Axl and VH

24 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I’m aware that a broke Axl was manipulated by Irving Azhoff to possibly tour Stadiums with Van Halen with the stipulation of a reunion with Slash. I’m not being shitty man. I just don’t see it happening man. It sounds like a real cool idea, but I don’t see GNR the band performing. That is what the thread insinuated and that’s what I’m calling BS on. 

I hear ya. I don't think you're being shitty. I just had never ever heard of Axl having a problem with Van Halen is all. Plus this:

13 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

In a limited discussion regarding Van Halen with a founding GNR member He had nothing but good things to say about them other than the fact that he never wanted to sound like Van Halen, meaning he didn't want you to know it is Guns any time a song was played and be redundant in that or stuck in that scope.  This convo was regarding the falling out of Axl and Slash in regards to direction years and years ago

My point is I dont think there is bad blood between say Axl and VH