Yankee Stadium summer 2019?

5 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Didn't Axl go out partying with Dave early on in Guns career and he accused Axl of trying to dethrone him?  And Axl told him that wasn't the case at all.  They were riding around in a limo iirc.

You are right, i remember it too , not sure if in the limi was Sebastian Bach too❓

Edited by Ratam
Error

1 hour ago, donny said:

i wonder if Guns are big enough yet to be above DLR on the bill. 

2i0dvmx.jpg

Guns now yes. I only need to seehow roths voice on the 2015 tour,  and for all the shit we give axl about his voice roth was way worse. He doesnt "sing" just yelps. Other members were carrying roths bad vocals. His dancing instage is an embarrassment to.

On December 13, 2018 at 8:52 PM, Mooch14 said:

I just came in here to see if anybody else posted this possible news. This (as was already stated) could be nothing, but.............. could you imagine if it wasn’t?!  Could you imagine in a million years how MASSIVE an event would be if  Van Halen, GNR, Metallica, and Foo Fighters shared a stage? This would be like the US festival for another generation. 

I'm torn as to whether I believe this is even slightly possible. One one hand, I could see Axl & Slash wanting to do something like this while they're still young and in good physical condition. On the other hand, I couldn't see Guns' surrounding themselves with obvious nostalgia cash-grabs like VH, Metallica, or Foo. Right now, new music and evolving the band seems to be Axl's main priority.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Draguns said:

That's your opinion.  I prefer Hagar. Better voice, more talent, and charisma. 

All good! I actually like a decent amount of what Sammy Hagar has done over the years, especially 5150. That album was the soundtrack of the summer of '86!

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I really think Cherone is a great front man. I think he really got a raw deal with VH. 

I agree, I was just having some fun with ole Gary.  He just did not fit with VH.  Some of the stuff he did with Extreme was great, all of those guys are terrific musicians.

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

Probably won't happen, but GN'R & Metallica on the same bill would cause me to lose my shit. I would be there in heartbeat. 

That would be a dream concert, but imagine the ticket prices. 

20 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Never got what's so great about DLR, everybody says he's a great entertainer but seeing him on stage just makes me cringe.

Well, that’s the thing, he is an entertainer, not an authentic rock front man. He was very fortunate to attach himself to the musicians in Van Halen.

15 hours ago, todreamofwolves said:

I'm torn as to whether I believe this is even slightly possible. One one hand, I could see Axl & Slash wanting to do something like this while they're still young and in good physical condition. On the other hand, I couldn't see Guns' surrounding themselves with obvious nostalgia cash-grabs like VH, Metallica, or Foo. Right now, new music and evolving the band seems to be Axl's main priority.

Uhhh the Foo Fighters routinely release new music and tour arenas and stadiums with reasonable ticket prices so they are far from a nostalgia cash grab. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Subtle Signs said:

Uhhh the Foo Fighters routinely release new music and tour arenas and stadiums with reasonable ticket prices so they are far from a nostalgia cash grab. 

Actually the prices for the foos aren't very much less than gnr 

In Hamburg the tickets were 100€. Didn't matter if you were up front or way back at the parking lot

Rammstein are also charging up to 130€. That's just normal prices nowadays

Edited by RageKage

11 minutes ago, RageKage said:

Actually the prices for the foos aren't very much less than gnr 

In Hamburg the tickets were 100€. Didn't matter if you were up front or way back at the parking lot

Rammstein are also charging up to 130€. That's just normal prices nowadays

My thoughts exactly. Plus, with Foos you're pretty well guaranteed the same recycled butt-rock album after album, where as with Guns we still have a chance to hear them push boundaries with progressive material such as Atlas, The General, and Beta's Barn.

3 hours ago, todreamofwolves said:

My thoughts exactly. Plus, with Foos you're pretty well guaranteed the same recycled butt-rock album after album, where as with Guns we still have a chance to hear them push boundaries with progressive material such as Atlas, The General, and Beta's Barn.

Lol @ butt rock. We have no clue what those songs you mentioned are like. They could be awesome like Estranged or sound like Silkworms.

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1