GnR Pinball Machine

Hi all. My GnR Pinball Machine should be getting delivered today. I've had the Ain't Going Down file from this machine for ages. My question to everyone here is: Any idea how to download or transfer all of the audio files? My understanding is that there are re-recorded vocals for at least the live WTTJ, maybe other songs as well? And yes, of course I'd be happy to share the files if anyone wants them.

I guess I could also ask the company I bought the machine from, but I'm not sure if they would be willing to provide that, or if they are even supposed to provide these types of directions. (I bought from a well known pinball distributor and refurbishment company here in the US.)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

29 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Hi all. My GnR Pinball Machine should be getting delivered today. I've had the Ain't Going Down file from this machine for ages. My question to everyone here is: Any idea how to download or transfer all of the audio files? My understanding is that there are re-recorded vocals for at least the live WTTJ, maybe other songs as well? And yes, of course I'd be happy to share the files if anyone wants them.

I guess I could also ask the company I bought the machine from, but I'm not sure if they would be willing to provide that, or if they are even supposed to provide these types of directions. (I bought from a well known pinball distributor and refurbishment company here in the US.)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

I may be wrong but the files are ‘digitised’ to the point where most of the sounds are synthy sounding? I remember the file being on YouTube and it was horrid. As opposed to the Ain’t Goin Down leak that was a proper studio effort.

Not sure if you were thinking it would be the studio version?

Anyways - not sure how it’s done but didn’t want you to waste time!

• Like 1

Just now, DTJ80 said:

I may be wrong but the files are ‘digitised’ to the point where most of the sounds are synthy sounding? I remember the file being on YouTube and it was horrid. As opposed to the Ain’t Goin Down leak that was a proper studio effort.

Not sure if you were thinking it would be the studio version?

Anyways - not sure how it’s done but didn’t want you to waste time!

Yes, the actual audio quality is pretty bad. I just wanted to add them to my collection of various outtakes from the UYI era. Thanks!

51 minutes ago, smiley said:

i'll have to look and see if i have them...

it was also converted to virtual pinball years ago... not sure if those guys have anything.

and welcome to the gnr pinball owner club - i bought mine roughly 20 years ago!

Thanks for the help! This is my first pinball machine. The whole family is having a blast playing!

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 11:51 AM, DTV88 said:

My question to everyone here is: Any idea how to download or transfer all of the audio files?

pinsound-community.org

Sign up there (I think downloads are disabled unless you sign up) and in the downloads there should be a full set of the original stock sounds for the machine (labeled as “legacy” or “1994” or similar.) If it’s no longer there, let me know and I’ll see if I can chuck it up before I head out for vaca later this week.

And welcome to the club! 

• Like 1

https://www.vpforums.org/

This may answer your question....People have been making virtual pinball machines for quite sometime from cabinets/HD TV's or monitors/PC's to run the files....There is a virtual version of the GnR Pinball machine available for download, which I'm sure has all the sound files...Just read on this site, I'm sure you can get what you need.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for the advice, much appreciated! 

32 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

I used to own one of the GN’R machines. I was addicted.

My whole family is addicted now! I have daughters and they think it's hilarious with the all the bikini clad girls and the giggling "Match" girl!

On 12/16/2018 at 1:56 PM, 6lake sa66ath said:

Pics?

I can't figure out how to upload them :question:

• 4 months later...

Finally got a chance to play this Pinball machine. 25 years after it's release. Found one and 40 other pinballs at an arcade an hour and a half away from me. Was pretty great! All the machines were in pristine condition. 1 play for 75¢. Must have spent 25 bucks there playing it and others. Got multiball going, but was unable to get "Ain't Going Down" to come up, not that I knew how. Game play was smooth, enjoyed hearing the songs and trying to get all 5 band members on stage for the multiball was fun. I will go back soon. It was pretty sweet seeing rows and rows of pinball machines. Even got some pics.

2mcc4tg.jpg

2hr1i5f.jpg

jkhohh.jpg

Edited by 31illusions
  • Like 2

That's not the one I played.  It looks newer.  Did they have two versions?

The one I was on had Axl standing with his legs apart and a hole for the ball to land in, if you know what I'm saying.  Might have been why they redid it. :lol:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cineater said:

That's not the one I played.  It looks newer.  Did they have two versions?

The one I was on had Axl standing with his legs apart and a hole for the ball to land in, if you know what I'm saying.  Might have been why they redid it. :lol:

No just this one. Never heard of a different one though. I'd like to see it!

It had to be like 15 years ago that I played it.  We played for a week straight.  So much when I got on the plane to go home and was dozing off I could hear the machine talking, lol.  Maybe that hit Axl between the legs with the ball was just a fantasy.  Was probably pretty frustrated with him at that point.

38 minutes ago, cineater said:

Maybe that hit Axl between the legs with the ball was just a fantasy.  Was probably pretty frustrated with him at that point.

There is a shot here between Axl's legs. The ball drops down, then shoot back up real fast. That might be it.

2nc0uxk.jpg

Edited by 31illusions

10 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I have never seen the variant cross ‘officially’ before. In the pics the cross has six skulls. Are they UYI skulls - can’t tell?

Yes they are. Gilby sued GNR on release of the game for using his image as he was no longer in the band.

• Sad 1