Jump to content
DTV88

GnR Pinball Machine

Recommended Posts

BTW : Is it true that Axl re-recorded his vocals in "Aint goin down" and WTJ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

BTW : Is it true that Axl re-recorded his vocals in "Aint goin down" and WTJ?

On the pinball? I think they all added vocals when it was made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Finally got a chance to play this Pinball machine. 25 years after it's release. Found one and 40 other pinballs at an arcade an hour and a half away from me. Was pretty great! All the machines were in pristine condition. 1 play for 75¢. Must have spent 25 bucks there playing it and others. Got multiball going, but was unable to get "Ain't Going Down" to come up, not that I knew how. Game play was smooth, enjoyed hearing the songs and trying to get all 5 band members on stage for the multiball was fun. I will go back soon. It was pretty sweet seeing rows and rows of pinball machines. Even got some pics.

jkhohh.jpg

The part of the machine where you literally "lose your marbles" has Axl's face on it.  Is that on purpose? 

  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fourteenbeers said:

The part of the machine where you literally "lose your marbles" has Axl's face on it.  Is that on purpose? 

I noticed in the bottom right corner it says "add band members", maybe that's why he had so many?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 ways for ripping the files:

Easy: Put a dynamic microphone or an electric  guitar aiming at the speaker and plug it into an audio interface/pc line in, use some program like audacity to record it

Hard: Desolder the speaker and solder an audio output, connect it to a pc and record it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Yes they are. Gilby sued GNR on release of the game for using his image as he was no longer in the band.

Cheers - I can’t believe I have never seen that before!!!! I have seen Chinese-era rip offs unofficially on bootlegs etc but not this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There's been a lot of talk about a NEW GN'R pinball being created and possibly confirmed for release by the end of this year. SLASH is on record saying that he's been working with Jersey Jack Pinball on a brand new model. How cool might that be??

If you search around pinball forums, there is a lot of discussion about it with many believing that it's going to happen.

I have a pristine vintage GN'R pinball and I'd love to have a new one to place right beside it. Unfortunately, I'm certain that the cost will be much, much higher than what I paid for the 1994 model back in 2003.

Edited by thunderram

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, thunderram said:

I have a pristine vintage GN'R pinball and I'd love to have a new one to place right beside it. Unfortunately, I'm certain that the cost will be much, much higher than what I paid for the 1994 model back in 2003.

JJP's MSRP for the Standard, Limited and Collectors editions of their latest machine (Willy Wonka):

$7,500, $9,500 and $12,500

Available from distributors for less, but yeah... it's gonna be brutal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blackjacker said:

JJP's MSRP for the Standard, Limited and Collectors editions of their latest machine (Willy Wonka):

$7,500, $9,500 and $12,500

Available from distributors for less, but yeah... it's gonna be brutal.

Shit. My wife is gonna kill me if this is true cause there's no way I'm passing it up! :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blackjacker said:

JJP's MSRP for the Standard, Limited and Collectors editions of their latest machine (Willy Wonka):

$7,500, $9,500 and $12,500

Available from distributors for less, but yeah... it's gonna be brutal.

Don’t forget your not dealing with Willy Wonka but Guns n Roses. They charge 1k for a box with some records and plastic shit. You better expect some massive increase 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2019 at 10:19 PM, 31illusions said:

Finally got a chance to play this Pinball machine. 25 years after it's release. Found one and 40 other pinballs at an arcade an hour and a half away from me. Was pretty great! All the machines were in pristine condition. 1 play for 75¢. Must have spent 25 bucks there playing it and others. Got multiball going, but was unable to get "Ain't Going Down" to come up, not that I knew how. Game play was smooth, enjoyed hearing the songs and trying to get all 5 band members on stage for the multiball was fun. I will go back soon. It was pretty sweet seeing rows and rows of pinball machines. Even got some pics.

2mcc4tg.jpg

2hr1i5f.jpg

jkhohh.jpg

Looks different from the one I played...but that was years ago

Edited by RJ88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, RJ88 said:

Looks different. isn't there supposed to be a Slash figuring playing in the back (the yellow area)?

No. Some people like to add those McFarlane Slash dolls to the machine, but they aren't stock.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2019 at 1:54 PM, tristanj13 said:

They’ve got the machine at the pinball hall of fame in Vegas and they were even selling an original poster advertisement of it they had for charity. Picked up tGuns_N'_Roses_pinball.jpghis bad boy:

If anyone is interested in the poster I’d entertain offers. Would certainly look cool framed next to the actual machine for those who have one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tristanj13 said:

If anyone is interested in the poster I’d entertain offers. Would certainly look cool framed next to the actual machine for those who have one.

How much did you pay for it? When i was there they were selling it for 10 bucks last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tristanj13 said:

If anyone is interested in the poster I’d entertain offers. Would certainly look cool framed next to the actual machine for those who have one.

That looks like the flyer, not the poster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2019 at 12:59 PM, zigzagbigbag said:

Don’t forget your not dealing with Willy Wonka but Guns n Roses. They charge 1k for a box with some records and plastic shit. You better expect some massive increase 😂

 

Apples and oranges.

GN'R wouldn't be in control of the pricing for this thing, like they are for their music. JJP would pay a licensing fee to use the band's likeness and music. It's possible the band could negotiate some kind of fee per unit sold. But beyond that, the MSRP for this thing will be completely up to JJP.

Knowing SLASH, he'll want the thing to be cool so he probably won't do it if AXL broke their balls over the licensing fee.

I'm betting the MSRP is somewhere in line with what @Blackjacker listed and/or what the more recent Metallica, Aerosmith and AC/DC machine went for. Possibly a tad more since GN'R is likely to draw more interest than Willy Wonka.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, thunderram said:

 

Apples and oranges.

GN'R wouldn't be in control of the pricing for this thing, like they are for their music. JJP would pay a licensing fee to use the band's likeness and music. It's possible the band could negotiate some kind of fee per unit sold. But beyond that, the MSRP for this thing will be completely up to JJP.

Knowing SLASH, he'll want the thing to be cool so he probably won't do it if AXL broke their balls over the licensing fee.

I'm betting the MSRP is somewhere in line with what @Blackjacker listed and/or what the more recent Metallica, Aerosmith and AC/DC machine went for. Possibly a tad more since GN'R is likely to draw more interest than Willy Wonka.

I wasn‘t serious. But thanks for your reply anyway. I totally agree. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2019 at 4:23 AM, zigzagbigbag said:

I wasn‘t serious. But thanks for your reply anyway. I totally agree. 

 

Sorry, my bad then. The sarcasm went completely over my head! ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 11:39 PM, fear the juggalo2 said:

How much did you pay for it? When i was there they were selling it for 10 bucks last year.

 

Yeah, unless it's signed the price shouldn't be all that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting - had not heard the rumor that Slash was possibly working on a new machine.

I also have GNR machine in my basement... and would certainly entertain adding a new one. I'm not a pinball fan - but I consider the machine as one of the crown jewels of my GNR collection. And it's great fun for entertainment when we have company over.

 

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, smiley said:

Interesting - had not heard the rumor that Slash was possibly working on a new machine.

I also have GNR machine in my basement... and would certainly entertain adding a new one. I'm not a pinball fan - but I consider the machine as one of the crown jewels of my GNR collection. And it's great fun for entertainment when we have company over.

 

 

Yep. Me too. Anytime I have company, someone inevitably wants to play it.

I'm cringing, though, cause to acquire the new one is going to cost 4 - 5x what I paid for the current one -- which was and still is in immaculate shape.

I'm going to have to find a way to pull it off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

gnrpf1.jpg

here's the 6 person GNR cross. 

The girl of brown hair have Erin look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Gilby or Dizzy?

Both! Gilby is on top, Dizzy on the bottom. This cross represents the 6 members that were in the band at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×