How would you feel if Axl had hybrid-GNR re-record AFD for an official release and then announced a tour in support of the re-recording?

todreamofwolves

What if, in the next several weeks, we were to get an announcement from the camp that hybrid-GNR has decided to re-record AFD for an official release that they intend to tour behind this summer? Instead of Axl's low register on 'It's So Easy' or his rasp in 'Jungle', we could hear updated studio versions of these songs with Axl's current vocal range.

As fans, would you buy this album and attend subsequent shows?

Just now, todreamofwolves said:

What if, in the next several weeks, we were to get an announcement from the camp that hybrid-GNR has decided to re-record AFD for an official release that they intend to tour behind this summer? Instead of Axl's low register on 'It's So Easy' or his rasp in 'Jungle', we could hear updated studio versions of these songs with Axl's current vocal range.

i wouldn't buy it. i would download it for free. 

btw. AFD was re-recorded in 1999.

and why would a band re-record and re-release an album several months after that very same album has just been remastered and re-released ? 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, donny said:

i have listened to AFD a couple of times in the past 30 years and thought how good it would be if melissa played keyboard as the SCOM intro instead of Slash plucking on that guitar. 

Can you imagine Mr. Brownstone without the sub-bass or Anything Goes without a string section? 

58 minutes ago, donny said:

and why would a band re-record and re-release an album several months after that very same album has just been remastered and re-released ? 

39 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Why should they do that? It would be pointless 

Both of you bring up a good point. Just because AFD has been the focal part of their set lists for the past 3 decades, and just because they released a pricey big box set full of demos that have been readily available for years (for free), doesn't necessarily mean that they'd attempt to continue capitalizing on that same album even more, if it was at all possible. 

Hopefully Axl has Slash and Duff coming up with riffs and bass-lines that can be pasted to tracks that weren't good enough to include on the 1st Chinese Democracy album instead.

They only reason for an artist to rerecord one of his studio albums would be for legal reasons. I think that Axl wanted to do that with WTTJ in the early 2000's?

They should focus themselves on unheard material.

Edited by Sosso

I'd want them to do it just to see how apeshit people would go. 

Seriously though, they shouldn't. Appetite is perfect as it is. You're not gonna capture the authenticity and grit that the original 5 had. Hell, I'll take it one step further and say that the original 5 themselves shouldn't re-record it. That album was recorded by an extremely hungry band that valued their songs above everything else. It loses the cool-factor if it's re-recorded by millionaires who haven't lived like that in 32 years. 

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 1

I would say "Guys, wtf? You have multiple albums worth of unreleased material, and you re-record Appetite? Again!? Fire your manager. Again."

27 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Can you imagine Mr. Brownstone without the sub-bass or Anything Goes without a string section? 

Now that you mention it, I realise I actually really want to hear that.

6 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I'd want them to do it just to see how apeshit people would go. 

OK, now I REALLY want this to happen.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, todreamofwolves said:

hybrid GNR?

you mean guns n aliens?

answering your question, axl doesn't really need to do that because axl (and his current vocal range, his current employees) have been playing butchering said album for 17 years now

and people keep on paying him good money for it

and you know what? the money gets even better when axl gets to employ former GNR bandmates slash and duff on his band!

Edited by ludurigan

10 hours ago, todreamofwolves said:

I'd laugh, make fun of them for it on the internet, not buy it and not go to that tour. 

What a laughable excuse for doing an actual album. 

13 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

I would say "Guys, wtf? You have multiple albums worth of unreleased material, and you re-record Appetite? Again!? Fire your manager. Again."

Now that you mention it, I realise I actually really want to hear that.

OK, now I REALLY want this to happen.

"Fire your manager. Again".

i dont think we could be so lucky.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...