Fortus Interview KSHE

I think it's great that Axl allowed Fortus to be the one to make this official announcement.

Hopefully the opportunity to paste new riffs over 20 year old leftovers from the Chinese Democracy sessions is enough to convince Slash to cancel his tour with Myles. AND, hopefully now more fans will recognize Fortus as an equal partner and not jut some guy with a big nose and who isn't Izzy.

3 hours ago, Sanomatovic said:

Host asked about what Axl said on the last show about doing whats next.

Fortus: "Yeah, we are going to try to do another record and get it out soon"

Edit: Host asks how he doesn't think guns would be rushing to get it out and Fortus replies "I think it will happen faster than you think" 

H: Really?

F: I sure hope it happens faster than you think.

H: Can we get a new GnR song by the end of 2019?

F: It can definitely happen

H: Do you already have stuff?

F: Maybe

Sounds to me like CD2. The whole it can happen faster than you think as in we already have half the record done for the last 15 years lmao

He's not really saying anything all that exciting, because it's so vague...

Can we see a song before by the end of 2019?  F: "It can definitely happen."  It wouldn't take over a year to record a song, so sure, we could.  

"… get it out soon."  Soon... heard that word before...  Hmm, where was it?

"Maybe" isn't a yes.

I'm so jaded at this point, I look at every bit of info from the band like it's the devil proposing a deal, I know there is an out in it somewhere, and I'll get banged in the ass at the end.

PS.  Have to lol at the interviewer asking about "rushing" out an album.  Dafuq?  Yeah, don't want them to rush out an album 10 years after the bands last album, and 30 years after Axl/Duff/Slash last released something.  That's just too fast to have any quality...

Edited by DeadSlash
I rushed it out too fast.

3 hours ago, Underhardy said:

Just add it to the list of BS statements from the hired guns....

I dunno man, Slash and Duff are proven workhorses - I definitely have much more faith in this lineup coming out with a new album more than I would any Chinese era lineup

• Like 2

"According to Richard", season 16.

sooner is the word? Axl suddenly became prolific? all I know is that Axl is still into Chinese era material. Fortus has said Axl got like 4 albums of completed material. but they didn't have time to record together yet probably.

so Axl will just be satisfied with adding Slash to existing material without writing new tunes starting from lyrics and they can just release 1 song first instead of an album? debut a new song live?

I just think that's unlikely but anything is possible. I believe that Richard believes which is a good thing.

Edited by Rovim

I reckon slash and duff have listened to the CD leftovers and picked out a few. Probably have or are intending to lay some guitars down on it. If the vocals are already done, I think we’ll have at least one song pretty soon.... any blockbuster movie would be a great vehicle for a new song: Captain Marvel,  Hellboy, Avengers Endgame, John Wick 3.

i can just imagine some kick ass John wick fight scene with a new gnr rocker blaring over the action. :)

Edited by megaguns1982
S

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

We're getting a new album next year I fucking feel it in my loins.

I am with you on this one.  I guess we are more cautiously optimistic than a lot of folks here - and I get it, CD era GNR was a fucking nightmare with false promises

But I feel like having Duff and Slash, two people with more "GNR clout" than any hired gun could have, means something.  Duff and Slash have pull in the band, for sure. 

And in order to keep Duff and Slash in the band, they have to be happy.  And considering how much Duff and Slash like to get shit done, and how much more "GNR pull" they have than any hired gun could have, I feel like this may be a much more positive era when it comes to GNR getting shit done.  

Obviously this is not cause to automatically go "there will be a new album for sure next year", but I don't feel as hopeless about it happening as I did in 2015

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

And in order to keep Duff and Slash in, they have to be happy.  And considering how much Duff and Slash like to get shit done, and how much more "GNR pull" they have than any hired gun could have, I feel like this may be a much more positive era when it comes to GNR getting shit done

I don't know. I almost feel like as long as they're making loads of money, Slash & Duff are content with and willing to stick around for whatever (to include endless nostalgia tours where they play 30 year old hits).

Their alternative would be to go back and make a living off of their side projects where they're creative again, but touring to half empty arenas and not making loads of money. It's hard to imagine them reverting back to that or searching for new Velvet Revolver singers as long as they have the option of being lazy and making bank with Axl.

13 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

I don't know. I almost feel like as long as they're making loads of money, Slash & Duff are content with and willing to stick around for whatever (to include endless nostalgia tours where they play 30 year old hits).

Their alternative would be to go back and make a living off of their side projects where they're creative again, but touring to half empty arenas and not making loads of money. It's hard to imagine them reverting back to that or searching for new Velvet Revolver singers as long as they have the option of being lazy and making bank with Axl.

Although based on Slash's interviews lately, I definitely feel like he would like to make an album with Guns, and I feel like if Duff and Slash are set on it, they could definitely have more of an influence than anyone in nuGNR ever did.  Obviously I don't know the inner dynamics, but if Duff could even get Axl to open a concert with YCBM under his suggestion, I don't know I just get the impression that Axl cares and values what Slash and Duff think and want as well.  At least that is my hope lol

A lot of the pressure of things would be gone for Axl nowadays - he has Slash and Duff backing up his vision now to the public, he isn't at war with having to prove himself worthy of the GNR name because this to the public is GNR again.  A lot of that pressure from the CD days that maybe got him nervous to release new stuff is gone

Plus if we are to go the money route, a new album is definitely a good way to find an excuse to go out and tour, right? :lol:

Edited by WhazUp

Wow. MAYBE they are going to release ONE new song within the next 12 months. :facepalm: I am impressed. 

If this happens we received TWO brand new songs within a four year lasting reunion ... Damn, that’s nothing but awesome! 🎉

But wait: Hasn’t one of the two songs been already officially released more than 25 years ago?!?! 

„No, stupid. Do your homework! The song you have in mind was a very, very different song and - by the way - just a b-side release only some ultra fans discovered who bought one of our little singles which failed big time ... a cover song of some little singer/songwriter who used to be a Beatle and back then no one was interested in, neither our young fans nor their parents. No one had or has this single. 

The single released in 2018 is a total differrent song. Just check the intro. Ax isn’t yelling like on the you have in mind. Furthermore  its not a hidden b-side anymore but a legit A-side single release we made this cool skeleton video for. Because other than in the nineties videos are very important these days.

Most important is that our brand new 2018 A-side single release is now made available to EVERYONE. If you want a copy its easy peasy. All you have to do is to spent 1000 bucks for a boxset filled with high quality content which you get as „b-sides“, no plastic bullshit. We did no standalone release of our brand new single because all of our fans buy the box anyway. So why damage the environment and produce some plastic cd/vinyl single which would have been available for 5 bucks and no one would have had zero interest in?! Got it?! 

Thanks for your time. I have to design some cool skelton t-shirts and pilot shades now, because - as all real fans know - GNR has always been about fashion. Simply check out some random GNR vintage pics and you know what I am talking about. Bye!

(from distance you can hear) ... Mom?! Mom?! The masters bell rang. Did you forget the hot chocolate he asked for already 5 minutes ago?! Mom?! Mooooooom?!“

• GNFNR 1
  • Confused 1