Melissa Interview with PeopleAsia Magazine

3 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

I’ll try to be as polite as possible...

But I hate that this blue-haired thing is in Guns N’ Roses. And I hope she has zero to nothing to do with any new music, if we ever get some.

Before all the “I’m sexist” comments chime in, I have nothing against a female being in GN’R, but her whole shtick just rubs me the wrong way. She dances and jumps around on stage like an idiot, while providing zero sound to any of the songs being played (at least from what I can hear).

And her whole #lit attitude is everything I hate about millennials, and it certainly has no place in what I believe Guns N’ Roses to be and stand for. 

Yes, I am also a cranky old man. :lol:

Im the same some of it is cringy, however i feel she will be apart of what guns do next.  Every concert that has been posted on youtube i listen to but i really cant hear what shes adds to the overall band sound🤔. At this stage id be ok to have the 976 horn section back again. . ..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I like her.  She thickens the sound but is smart enough to not get in the way.  The funny thing is a lot of people say that they don't notice her but that is kind of the point.  She is there to give the band a thicker sound but not overtake the show.  If she wasn't there odds are someone behind the scenes would be doing what she is doing and perhaps not as well.

She is also super enthusiastic, provides great back up vocals that add an interesting dynamic to the live sound and the rest of the band seem to love her.  

In terms of giving a thicker sound how?. Im not being argumentative i just cant "hear" what she does.Theres only thing people want to hear are axls vocals and slashs guitar playing and the rest of the band backing up those 2. 

• Like 1

Pitman always came across like a guy that would mock Axl behind his back and was there ONLY for the money. Glad he took his towel and was never seen again. :D
Melissa, well...of course she doesn't fit if you loved the classic Guns era. Her whole social media antics are pure cringe. But..who knows what she might bring for the future/ new music. I think she's very talented and competent with what she does. And yes, she's much more easy on the eyes than Pitman. ;)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

In terms of giving a thicker sound how?. Im not being argumentative i just cant "hear" what she does.Theres only thing people want to hear are axls vocals and slashs guitar playing and the rest of the band backing up those 2. 

I always that the "thicker sound" is a very poor argument... She doesn't thicken anything and there isn't any thickening needed. The band sounded better back in the day than they do now and there wasn't anyone thickening anything.. 

• Like 2

It might have something to do with the fact that I'm only 21 but I actually like Melissa being in the band. I also don't see an issue with the whole #lit thing. I've never paid much attention to what others are doing on social media. If anything, she's better than Pitman

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

If you listen to some of the soundboards, you can hear her playing the main riff of the songs on her keys. Thus "thickening" the sound by effectively doubling it.

with all the christmas spirit approaching and wishful thinking in the air...this might sound a bit as a post era interview we've heard after 17.7.93. or post Vegas rumours we heard with the golden records coming to doorsteps.

every tour coming to an end, there are certain number of wheels coming off Axl's car.

Dear Santa, any chance Mel, Fortus and Frank are ex members!?