Melissa Interview with PeopleAsia Magazine

I like Melissa better than I liked Tracey and Roberta.

I don't get why people get worked up about this. If you don't like her social media, ignore that then. I think in a live show she's a plus, even if only for her backing vocals. I've seen no one complain about her backing vocals and she's easy to ignore on stage and just in life in general, so why care or call her names?

People are always calling GNR misogynist, and at the same time complaining about a female band member and the female manager :lol: I think as a rock band, they're not doing that bad in quota :P

• Like 1

20 hours ago, moreblack said:

Between that and the backing vocals, that's her niche. Because nobody else in the band can harmonize, but she does it flawlessly. 

She's basically Pittman/Andreadis/Tracey & Roberta/Horn section all rolled into one. There's no excuse for not knowing what she does. Listen.

I would also add "third guitarist" to her list of duties, because she plays the main riffs to some of the songs (It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Yep, I’m anti-female because I dislike a member of the band who dresses, styles, and acts like a member of a Japanese Pop group.

If anyone else in the band did that, I would call them out on that too. 

But please, keep telling me how me not liking what Melissa brings to the band makes me a sexist, and how I fail to see the great vision of what she’ll bring to the table of a bunch of aging old rockers.

Bring back Tracy and Roberta I say. At least they were rock n roll attitude and served a purpose...

c11.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Yep, I’m anti-female because I dislike a member of the band who dresses, styles, and acts like a member of a Japanese Pop group.

If anyone else in the band did that, I would call them out on that too. 

But please, keep telling me how me not liking what Melissa brings to the band makes me a sexist, and how I fail to see the great vision of what she’ll bring to the table of a bunch of aging old rockers.

Bring back Tracy and Roberta I say. At least they were rock n roll attitude and served a purpose...

So, seems you also were bitching Buckethead, who was dressing up in cueless Michael Myers-type clothes and wore a ridiculous KFC bucket, as well as Chris Pitman's period gay look, and for sure was not glad about Axl's complete rap-hobo style of 2001-2002? Or it's just agression towards "Japaneese Pop Girls"? By the way, most of the time she looks pretty badass. Don't see any pop-notes or something - look at Gaga or Swift - that's pop. 

Edited by nikothebellic
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 1:44 AM, metallex78 said:

I’ll try to be as polite as possible...

But I hate that this blue-haired thing is in Guns N’ Roses. And I hope she has zero to nothing to do with any new music, if we ever get some.

Before all the “I’m sexist” comments chime in, I have nothing against a female being in GN’R, but her whole shtick just rubs me the wrong way. She dances and jumps around on stage like an idiot, while providing zero sound to any of the songs being played (at least from what I can hear).

And her whole #lit attitude is everything I hate about millennials, and it certainly has no place in what I believe Guns N’ Roses to be and stand for. 

Yes, I am also a cranky old man. :lol:

What's sad is that you're basing your dislike for her off of her looks and social media captions, which is as ignorant as it gets.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, History2010 said:

If you listen to some of the soundboards, you can hear her playing the main riff of the songs on her keys. Thus "thickening" the sound by effectively doubling it.

I can hear it on It's So Easy and it is fucking not necessary..  Of all the fucking songs in the world.. Don't do it to It's So Easy..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Also, sorry to tell you but Guns N' Roses hasn't been what you invision it to be for quite some time now.

Yes.. They sucked for 2 decades and pretty much fell of the face of the earth.. They are closer to what they were back in the day and the interest is back.

5 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Many live bands play with backing tracks. U2 and Rush for example.  (Rush triggers the hacking tracks themselves but still). 

The difference is, and what I appreciate, is Guns are doing it live with Melissa.  Instead of playing to a back track she is up there playing it live.  

Like I said If she wasn't on stage doing it there would probably be someone behind the scenes doing it.  

Why? They never had them back in the day and the band sounded better than they do with backing tracks..  Rush and U2 are 3 piece bands... Guns are a 6 piece without her.. Not needed..

I dont think shes necessary. Her backing vocals are ok on CD. Shes like a Tracy or Roberta to me so I dont really care if shes there or not, either way. GNR really equates to Slash, Duff, and Axl now. The rest of the ensemble are more or less like the backing band for bands like The Stones, The Who, Aerosmiths other keyboard guy, the Eagles, and many more.

I like guys like Richard and stuff, but now with the core 3, things wouldn't change if someone like Melissa or Richard were omitted or replaced. 

It isnt a knock to anyone, it's just "Guns N Roses" wasnt built up by any or them. It isnt their band. NuGNR was essentially a different entity, so non Axl members had more weight imo. Now, GNR is touting itself as the band of yesteryear. Frank, Dizzy, Richard, and Melissa were hired to do a job and they fulfill that requirement. Its nice they get to be referred to as band members, too. Its a good gig and they know what they are. Chris Pitman did not.

Edited by ZoSoRose

On 12/20/2018 at 7:44 AM, metallex78 said:

I’ll try to be as polite as possible...

But I hate that this blue-haired thing is in Guns N’ Roses. And I hope she has zero to nothing to do with any new music, if we ever get some.

Before all the “I’m sexist” comments chime in, I have nothing against a female being in GN’R, but her whole shtick just rubs me the wrong way. She dances and jumps around on stage like an idiot, while providing zero sound to any of the songs being played (at least from what I can hear).

And her whole #lit attitude is everything I hate about millennials, and it certainly has no place in what I believe Guns N’ Roses to be and stand for. 

Yes, I am also a cranky old man. :lol:

Maybe "hate" is not the word but...Im with ya brudda

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I can hear it on It's So Easy and it is fucking not necessary..  Of all the fucking songs in the world.. Don't do it to It's So Easy..

Agreed. That’s a classic, 3-chord rock song that doesn’t need anything else. I don’t mind her contributions on most of the other songs but if there’s any song you shouldn’t touch in the Guns set it’s this.

• Like 1

That chick needs to know her place and start waving that towel. And anyone who disagrees needs to get the hell offa my lawn!

And the worst thing about the band is her MyFace and SpaceBook pages, because everyone knows that social media is more important than the music!

Why does Guns even need a keyboard player anyway? Appetite and UYI never had any synths!

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

That chick needs to know her place and start waving that towel. And anyone who disagrees needs to get the hell offa my lawn!

And the worst thing about the band is her MyFace and SpaceBook pages, because everyone knows that social media is more important than the music!

Why does Guns even need a keyboard player anyway? Appetite and UYI never had any synths!

If they chopped her hair..what next? If Melissa notices a cat litter tray in her dressing room at one of shows on the next tour..I suggest she treads lightly.

17 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

Come to think of it, a lot of people disliked Dj because of that too.

Wait. What? I know people were irritated with those things, but I don't think that had anything to do with why people didn't like him. I'm 90% sure it was his constant butchering of GNR songs that led to the strong dislike. 

• GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wait. What? I know people were irritated with those things, but I don't think that had anything to do with why people didn't like him. I'm 90% sure it was his constant butchering of GNR songs that led to the strong dislike. 

I disliked DJ for his social media and image more than I disliked his playing in the band. That stuff definitely comes into play for a lot of people. Its why 90% of us can't stand him

I know you love Robin, and I do too, but he butchered a lot of live playing in Guns. He gets more of a pass because he didnt come off as a poser and cringy teenage social media promoting wannabeel dumbass like DJ did. 

Edit- People 100% have a right to dislike Melissa's image and social media and on stage antics just like they can dislike Bucket, Axl, DJ, etc looks and antics during the band's history. A live show is also a visual experience. Melissa doesnt bother me nearly as much as DJ did, because shes so far in the background both literally and figuratively, she is inconsequential to me.

DJ was a lead guitar player in a lineup that only had one super star (Axl), Melissa is a barely visable backup singer and keyboardist in a lineup with 3 out if 5 of the band's lead members. It pushes her back even further 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2

Is Melissa neccesary? Not essential, no, but I dig her backing vocals and whatnot plus she is way in back and barely even noticeable if you really don't want to pay attention to her. 

I do kinda like how much she annoys some people though so I hope she stays and keeps being active on social media ;)