1987 Perkins Palace Patience Solo GOAT

2 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

hey thanks for the classy answer!

it means you were not there when the song was released in 1988 and also not there when the song was performed from 1988 to 1993

because the finck option didnt exist then

Again, what difference would it make if I was alive or not? Any show from that period still sounds the same today when played, so it would make no difference whatsoever other than nostalgic memories of a line up that you prefer or if you were at that specific show. Apologies if you took offence in the manner that my reply was laid out, it came across to me that you were on some sort of high horse when bringing age into the matter (usually the case for those that do), which in my opinion bares no relevance whatsoever to the matter. It's all subjective. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ludurigan said:

what? WHAT?

sound of this recording is absolutely crystal clear brilliant, bluesy like no other GNR bootleg (probably a bit slowed down) and guns n roses (including obviously axl who sings GREAT and the replacement drummer fred coury) are nothing short of FANTASTIC on this show!

maybe you are listening to shitty mp3s?

if you are, make sure to look for (and buy) "happy new year" and "california x-mas"

you won't regret

if that doesn't work, maybe these can help you

mq2Dw7e.jpg

:rofl-lol:

Between Izzy being all but completely muted, Axl being almost buried in the mix for most of the show as well as it running slow, I just don't enjoy it. On top of all that, I feel that Axl's performance just isn't as good as the one in Dane County. I agree with that Fred Coury did a great job, but then again, so did Adler. Also, as far as it sounding crystal clear goes, it accomplishes that by sounding hollow.

I obviously don't listen to it in mp3, no.

What I'm saying is not that I hate it, or that it sounds bad. My point is that I can't see the incentive to listen to it over other bootlegs from the same period, because of all of its issues. 

• 2 weeks later...
On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 8:58 PM, ludurigan said:

what? WHAT?

sound of this recording is absolutely crystal clear brilliant, bluesy like no other GNR bootleg (probably a bit slowed down) and guns n roses (including obviously axl who sings GREAT and the replacement drummer fred coury) are nothing short of FANTASTIC on this show!

maybe you are listening to shitty mp3s?

if you are, make sure to look for (and buy) "happy new year" and "california x-mas"

you won't regret

if that doesn't work, maybe these can help you

mq2Dw7e.jpg

:rofl-lol:

Those look like Axl's mics from the UYI tour.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zepsun said:

This is my fav patience solo - all of slash's best solo techniques in one shot.

That is a classic for sure... This Acoustic one here from 1993 into imagine is freaking amazing too... That used to be such a a great live song..  The NITL version is ok but kind of falls short compared to all these.. Love the electric Tokyo one with the Double neck Gibson too..