itsprettytiedup

Axl Rose on Looney Tunes episode w/new song

The last time Axl gave a quick fun little vocal performance was with Angel Down and he is delivering the goods in this just as he did with that album - sounds great!

Got a kick out of hearing Axl joke about his kilt wearing phase too :lol:

On first listen sounds more Axl/DC than Guns. 

But.

It’s Christmas Day and I’ve overindulged in various stuff. I’m gonna go to bed. And if tomorrow morning,Axl has released new music, through a Looney Tunes cartoon,and this is not some cuckoo land shit I’ll pay attention.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

We need this in a great version... 🤘

Just enjoy what you got, in a few hours it wil be taken down and never heard of again:wow::facepalm:

I don't think it has anything to do with AC/DC, but Axl plays the role of himself as the singer with AC/DC. He says that he's the singer of GnR but the band he's on tour with (his "real passion") and has been hit by a giant pig is called Steel Underpants (:lol:) and has a thunder in its logo :lol: and that's why the song is AC/DC-ish. Probably they couldn't use the AC/DC name for legal reasons.

Anyway, what a surprise. It's great that he did this.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

Not read any of this thread yet but I just woke up and saw this clip in my phone messages. Watched it bleary eyed and hungover.

I don't quite know what this is or why it happened but it's so very random. Very Axl I guess. :lol: Sounds ACDC ish.

I'll go read the thread now.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, raggedyman said:

Everyone's missing the real story here: slash and duff have quit and have been replaced by bugs bunny and porky pig

I think 80% of the community would prefer Porky to DJ.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought it was a behind the scenes screenshot, didn't realise there was a clip. Just watched and listened. Again, what the fuck?

That is Axl without a doubt and he sounds great. I stand by my previously stated belief that we're getting a new album next year.

P.S. Nothing to do with ACDC. In the clip Axl refers to 'his' band. Hmm, then again Porky Pig does the Angus duck walk and it does sound ACDCish. If we get AXLDC material instead of GNR material that will be slap in the face to all the fans - so that makes sense. I'm a big Axl guy though so I'll still be happy. But GNR is obviously ideal.

Edited by Oldest Goat
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Caedo said:

Imagine if they played this for a piss take at a show haha

That'd be awesome. Or play the cartoon as an intro instead of that bullet thing... people in the venue would be smiling/laughing and looking at each other with huge question marks on their foreheads

10 hours ago, itsprettytiedup said:

According to Kenneth Ramone in facebook group "The Mysterious Axl Rose Society", Axl Rose appeared as a "special guest" in a new episode of Looney Tunes singing a brand new song called "Rock The Rock". He said that "his voice was in great form" and that he recorded all of it. Kenneth took the photos and did the post with the info.

Who are those people? How they found out about this?

GN'R has official FB and twitter. Fans who pay to be fan club members. And we get this new song and cartoon from some fucking society?

This is fuckin amazing, thank you Axl and thank you GnR.

Song is stuck in my head already.

what a Christmas present! 🤘

• Haha 1

Some of the guitar has an Angus feel to it but the drums don't sound like Slade ( or indeed Rudd) and I'm also hearing some Hammond organ in there.

2 hours ago, Grayfox said:

It’s something like this I only listened once and was typing as I did so people can correct

Turn it up

Make it loud

Get your guitar ready to scream 

Heavy drums, amplifiers

Were a sonic demolition team

We’re gunna rock the rock

???

Rock the rock

With a stone crushin sound

Rock the rock

Have a good time

Rock the rock

It’s trouble making time 

Solo

Power chords

Bass guitar

Get in the ring we’re ???

We are goin to destroy 

We’re a rockin roll wrecking ball

We’re gunna rock the rock

Smash it to bits

Rock the rock

With a heavy metal fist 

Rock the rock

???

Rock the rock 

It’s a destruction zone

Solo

Super size

Pulverize 

We’re telling no lies

Rock the rock

Annihilate you

Devastate you

Eviscerate you

Rock the rock (repeated) 

Still better than the lyrics for This I love.....

• Haha 2