Axl Rose on Looney Tunes episode w/new song

The last time Axl did something so out of the blue was the voice over work for GTA: SA.

That game was released in 2004, so it only took 4 more years to get Chinese Democracy after that. Here's hoping this Looney Tunes thing is a sign of things to come and we get moving at that same lightning fast speed again!

• Haha 1

"Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking?"

"That I should start wearing mesh shirts and kilts on stage again?"

Why is nobody talking about this?

Anyway, he sounds great and now I want Axl and Slash to do the full soundtrack to a new Phineas and Ferb movie.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nonok said:

"Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking?"

"That I should start wearing mesh shirts and kilts on stage again?"

Why is nobody talking about this?

Anyway, he sounds great and now I want Axl and Slash to do the full soundtrack to a new Phineas and Ferb movie.

The dialog has been mentioned more than a few times throughout the thread. 

Very surprising on every level.  The target audience, kids, most likely don’t know of Axl, so it’s kind of cool to see him immortalized in such a way.  Cooler that Axl didn’t take himself seriously enough to not do it. 

I was 10 when I discovered Gn’R (they were at their absolute height in the early 90s). I watched cartoons then and wld have loved this!

He sounds good - his voice has aged but he still has that legendary rasp. Glad he can muster it up in the studio. 🤘

That guitar could be anyone. Wldnt be shocked if it’s Slash

30 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The last time Axl did something so out of the blue was the voice over work for GTA: SA.

That game was released in 2004, so it only took 4 more years to get Chinese Democracy after that. Here's hoping this Looney Tunes thing is a sign of things to come and we get moving at that same lightning fast speed again!

I feel weird because I wasn't into GN'R when that game came out, so listening to that I had no clue it was Axl. Did that really just come out and we were all like, wait what the fuck why is Axl Rose a DJ?! 

Just now, Gunner55 said:

I feel weird because I wasn't into GN'R when that game came out, so listening to that I had no clue it was Axl. Did that really just come out and we were all like, wait what the fuck why is Axl Rose a DJ?! 

Yep. Took everyone by total surprise from what I remember. 

• Like 1

I have no problem with how Axl sounds here but this should be all the evidence we need that SOYL wasn't re-recorded. He sounds like current Axl on this track, not bad just obviously older than he did in the 80's.

Oh and also I'm not sure we've heard the kind of vocals he uses in the 1st verse before, it's mid-range but not the usual Axl mid-range! 

• Like 3

Just now, fabrph5 said:

I swear, MOST gnr fans are a bunch of babies.  Cry the band breaks up, cry when new band forms, cry when original gets back together, cry lack of tour, cry to much tour, cry that there is no new music, cry that a new song is released.  

I understood the frustration and complaining up until the original band was on tour for a month and people were pissed off at the repetitive setlist. 

• Like 1

It's cool that this is happening, but it just perfectly shows what we've become as a fanbase: a whole load of grown ass adults (I assume) getting excited about a throwaway track from a children's cartoon.

To fans of literally any other artist this would simply be a cool little bonus that everyone would laugh at for a couple of minutes and then forget about. But not GN'R fans - we're that fucking desperate for new music.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

I swear, MOST gnr fans are a bunch of babies.  Cry the band breaks up, cry when new band forms, cry when original gets back together, cry lack of tour, cry to much tour, cry that there is no new music, cry that a new song is released.  

Huh?

I am no scientist but it would appear to me that YOU are the only one I see complaining about this topic and seem completely off topic.  I see a fanbase that as a whole is actually being positive about it even if they didn't dig the clip.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I think it's cool. Nothing wrong with cartoons. Two of my favourite shows are actually...'Rick and Morty' and 'Bojack Horseman'

Of course not, I love cartoons too and think this is very cool, but similar things like this have been done by other artists over the years and none have got the reaction that this has, because those artists didn't leave their fans starving for new music for decades at a time.

Axl and Fernando are in a three hour meeting as we speak saying "That went great! We'll be good for another ten years, at least... Now let's get the next NITL leg booked."