itsprettytiedup

Axl Rose on Looney Tunes episode w/new song

2 minutes ago, Nalbi said:

I know it's only been a few hours but I can't believe a clean version of something that aired nationwide is still nowhere to be seen.

Same here <_<

But hey, atleast we have that phone recording!

8 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Also, I’m surprised that no one mentioned the detail that they caricaturized current Axl. They didn’t make him fat, of course, but I think it’s the first time they used his current image. It was always UYI Axl with current Slash and Duff on the lithos and merch and stuff.

I think that’s really cool. He should do this more often because IMO his 2016-2018 look is cool as fuck!

I guess that’s why they had him joke on the episode “should I go back to wearing jerseys and a kilt?”

btw, not sure if anyone has said this yet, but he looks less bloated than usual and he’s cracking jokes!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

let me see, mickey didnt show up on back in black, shoot to thrill and what else?

So many others... Hell's bells, thunderstruck, rock or bust, rock n roll train... Basically a lot of the set was Mickey free. Not saying Mickey didn't show up, touch too much for example but it was on the complete flip side to the GNR set 80% rasp, 20% Mickey; stop complaining.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I guess that’s why they had him joke on the episode “should I go back to wearing jerseys and a kilt?”

btw, not sure if anyone has said this yet, but he looks less bloated than usual and he’s cracking jokes!

Animator 1:  Man, this guy has had a LOT of different looks over the years. How should we draw him?

Animator 2:  Well, he IS cracking jokes in this particular scene so I think we should go with less bloated.

Animator 1:  Fair enough, let's do this.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Animator 1:  Man, this guy has had a LOT of different looks over the years. How should we draw him?

Animator 2:  Well, he IS cracking jokes in this particular scene so I think we should go with less bloated.

Animator 1:  Fair enough, let's do this.

Mhm

In a lot of cases I've seen generally, tracks that premiere on TV shows and commercials usually get a digital/streaming release soon after. Maybe Looney Tunes/Axl will do the same here?

I like this but does anybody else think it sounds much more like AC:DC than GnR?

The last time Axl did something so out of the blue was the voice over work for GTA: SA.

That game was released in 2004, so it only took 4 more years to get Chinese Democracy after that. Here's hoping this Looney Tunes thing is a sign of things to come and we get moving at that same lightning fast speed again!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I like this but does anybody else think it sounds much more like AC:DC than GnR?

Yeah many people and media articles mentioned that

1 hour ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Judging by the airing of the episodes this was probably recorded long time ago and aired as a throwaway.

I think this is from this year, maybe few months ago. 

Will we get a proper audio of this? I need to replay it and pretend it's the greatest thing I've heard for about a month like I did with shadow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking?"

"That I should start wearing mesh shirts and kilts on stage again?"

Why is nobody talking about this?

Anyway, he sounds great and now I want Axl and Slash to do the full soundtrack to a new Phineas and Ferb movie.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nonok said:

"Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking?"

"That I should start wearing mesh shirts and kilts on stage again?"

Why is nobody talking about this?

Anyway, he sounds great and now I want Axl and Slash to do the full soundtrack to a new Phineas and Ferb movie.

The dialog has been mentioned more than a few times throughout the thread. 

Very surprising on every level.  The target audience, kids, most likely don’t know of Axl, so it’s kind of cool to see him immortalized in such a way.  Cooler that Axl didn’t take himself seriously enough to not do it. 

I was 10 when I discovered Gn’R (they were at their absolute height in the early 90s). I watched cartoons then and wld have loved this!

He sounds good - his voice has aged but he still has that legendary rasp. Glad he can muster it up in the studio. 🤘

That guitar could be anyone. Wldnt be shocked if it’s Slash

Somehow the writing always felt on the wall, using the Looney Tunes music for the concert intro.

Axl may have been asking for this, I could see him watching Boomerang cartoons on his days off.  :lol:

30 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The last time Axl did something so out of the blue was the voice over work for GTA: SA.

That game was released in 2004, so it only took 4 more years to get Chinese Democracy after that. Here's hoping this Looney Tunes thing is a sign of things to come and we get moving at that same lightning fast speed again!

I feel weird because I wasn't into GN'R when that game came out, so listening to that I had no clue it was Axl. Did that really just come out and we were all like, wait what the fuck why is Axl Rose a DJ?! 

Just now, Gunner55 said:

I feel weird because I wasn't into GN'R when that game came out, so listening to that I had no clue it was Axl. Did that really just come out and we were all like, wait what the fuck why is Axl Rose a DJ?! 

Yep. Took everyone by total surprise from what I remember. 

• Like 1

I have no problem with how Axl sounds here but this should be all the evidence we need that SOYL wasn't re-recorded. He sounds like current Axl on this track, not bad just obviously older than he did in the 80's.

Oh and also I'm not sure we've heard the kind of vocals he uses in the 1st verse before, it's mid-range but not the usual Axl mid-range! 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Oh and also I'm not sure we've heard the kind of vocals he uses in the 1st verse before, it's mid-range but not the usual Axl mid-range! 

Not in studio but he used that voice a lot on the AXL/DC shows.

• Like 1