itsprettytiedup

Axl Rose on Looney Tunes episode w/new song

I'm not surprised Axl sounds as good as he does in this song, honestly. He still sounds his best live whenever he's standing in one place and not running around for three hours a night, so the fact that he was sitting in a recording studio doing this song definitely helped. I agree with others, though, the sound and title definitely makes me think this was something AC/DC related.

All that being said, I have no expectations that this will lead to anything. How could anyone? The fact that he or the band couldn't even be bothered to send a single Tweet out to promote his appearance on this pretty much tells me this was just a one-off thing that he did for fun, and we'll likely never hear anything about it again.

1 hour ago, jekylhyde said:

I guess this might sound a bit weird, but I dig his talking voice. It's kind of soothing. If Axl isn't into releasing new music, he could/should become an audio book narrator.

me too like his talking voice, i just had doubts  if he played this character , with his sing voice i not had doubts , is impossible not recognize Axl when sing.

16 minutes ago, Ratam said:

me too like his talking voice, i just had doubts  if he played this character , with his sing voice i not had doubts , is impossible not recognize Axl when sing.

It was Axl's voice... just reading the script to keep it kid friendly. I think that is what is throwing you off as it isn't his natural cadence.

• Like 1

THAT BIT AT 3 10 WHEN HE ROLLS HIS Rs MY LATTER SELF HAD TO PEEL MYSELF FRIM MY CEILiNG....ALSO THE ROCK IS CLEARLY THE WORLD AND YEAH JUST THINK ABOUT THAT...GOTA B AXL DC STUFF THAT IS SUCH ATUNE INAGINE THAT WITh AN ARSE KICKING VID SBOUT ROCKING THE WORLD N SHIT 

"That's all, folks!" leaves kind of a bitter taste in my mouth. Not familar with the show, but from what I understand that's the pig's iconic catchphrase isn't it?

Hope it's not to be seen in context with GNR??

Comes off a 2+ year greatest hits reunion world tour, no plans/projects announced whatsoever...and the next thing you know he pops up a cartoon character and the last thing you hear from him at the end of the year is "that's all folks"? :blink:

It's just a bad song written by someone who works for looney tunes. I wouldn't look much deeper than that, haha. 

13 minutes ago, HOLDEN CAULFIELD said:

THAT BIT AT 3 10 WHEN HE ROLLS HIS Rs MY LATTER SELF HAD TO PEEL MYSELF FRIM MY CEILiNG....ALSO THE ROCK IS CLEARLY THE WORLD AND YEAH JUST THINK ABOUT THAT...GOTA B AXL DC STUFF THAT IS SUCH ATUNE INAGINE THAT WITh AN ARSE KICKING VID SBOUT ROCKING THE WORLD N SHIT 

Yeah.

Calm down.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

"That's all, folks!" leaves kind of a bitter taste in my mouth. Not familar with the show, but from what I understand that's the pig's iconic catchphrase isn't it?

Comes off a 2+ year greatest hits reunion world tour, no plans/projects announced whatsoever...and the next thing you know he pops up a cartoon character and the last thing you hear from him at the end of the year is "that's all folks"? :blink:

https://looneytunes.fandom.com/wiki/That's_all_Folks

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cruel Intentions said:

I'm not surprised Axl sounds as good as he does in this song, honestly. He still sounds his best live whenever he's standing in one place and not running around for three hours a night, so the fact that he was sitting in a recording studio doing this song definitely helped. I agree with others, though, the sound and title definitely makes me think this was something AC/DC related.

All that being said, I have no expectations that this will lead to anything. How could anyone? The fact that he or the band couldn't even be bothered to send a single Tweet out to promote his appearance on this pretty much tells me this was just a one-off thing that he did for fun, and we'll likely never hear anything about it again.

the mickey and the gas tank he needs to run about performing for 3hrs+ are for live shows only.

in a more relaxed setting where he doesn't need gas like a studio, interview or just threatening to punch someone at an airport his voice is always spot on so the gas and mickey are related. 

also i wouldn't say this is a one-off. is it just coincidence that Ax does some work for childrens TV then records a song with "children" in the title ? 

Axl/piggy and buggs singing children of the revolution would not surprise me right now.

2 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

I guess this might sound a bit weird, but I dig his talking voice. It's kind of soothing. If Axl isn't into releasing new music, he could/should become an audio book narrator.

I like his accent.

27 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

That’s like going on SNL and not saying “LIVE FROM NEW YORK, ITS SATURDAY NIGHT!”

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Definitely reading way too much into it! No hidden or double meaning there 👍

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

What cartoons do you want Axl to appear in next? Maybe him and Slash can star in a 'Catdog' reboot? Fucking turn this up to 11.

He's Rocked The Rock, so maybe...

Hey, Axl doing Rock the Dragon would be fucking awesome. It has to be one of the best openers inTV history.

• GNFNR 1

55 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Why would Axl say "we hope to keep this going" on the last show of the tour only to announce GNR is ending on a kids cartoon show?  

Let's not get too crazy here, it is just a fun little cartoon show lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, HOLDEN CAULFIELD said:

Or, what's far more likely, is that it's just a song Axl recorded for fun as part of a guest appearance on a kid's cartoon show.

If it were either an AC/DC song or a Guns N' Roses song, it would not be making its debut with absolutely no prior announcement in a Looney Tunes episode of all places.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

It’s just the famous catchphrase. No more, no less.

• Like 4

You and everyone else reading too much into this.... Just stop please! You're hurting my head :blink:

• Like 3

If you look really close you can see a nano sized farewell letter inside Axl's left pocket about 2:23 in.  I think you may be on to something.

Spoiler

Or you're just reading way too much into it.   :lol:

• Haha 1

I've been cranking this all day. Fucking new classic Axl vocals. Love the Get In The Ring reference. Still no HQ version lol

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Why would Axl say "we hope to keep this going" on the last show of the tour only to announce GNR is ending on a kids cartoon show? 

sure but then again it's axl, so you never know... :lol:

I highly doubt this is random or without a purpose at all. 
Since media all around the world is picking this news as "the first axl's song in ten years", maybe this is a way to take hype / pressure off of a real new guns song that they could release in the near future, since it would not be the first axl's song in ten years anymore (cause that would be Rock the Rock). 

Anyone else noticed this at the start of the song?

52kaE6kqQQeWjdA_qqvvwA.png

Does this mean the rock is Melissa? Is Axl killing Melissa? DOES THIS MEAN PITMAN IS BACK IN THE BAND?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sanomatovic said:

Anyone else noticed this at the start of the song?

52kaE6kqQQeWjdA_qqvvwA.png

Does this mean the rock is Melissa? Is Axl killing Melissa? DOES THIS MEAN PITMAN IS BACK IN THE BAND?

I think the song would've had an audible towel part if that was the case

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't believe it's going on 24 hours, and the only footage online is still just one dude's cell phone video of a television :lol: does Boomerang not have on-demand?

• Like 1