Axl Rose on Looney Tunes episode w/new song

6 hours ago, Billly B said:

There were some people on the boards years back that kept on saying that Axl should bring back the Jersey and Kilt look. I'm thinking it was a shot their way.

A bunch of random internet commentators aren’t that important to have a throwaway joke made on a children’s show. It was likely just a tongue in cheek reference to Axl’s old attire.

Hahaha! Awesome! I love Looney Tunes! (Haven't watched the new ones though) GNR as has always associated themselves with Looney Tunes by wearing Looney Tunes shirts and Axl's been imitating Elmer since forever. So honestly this is a very GNR thing to do. The weird thing is that it sounds just like AC/DC. Almost like an AC/DC parody. 😁

2 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I see this in the same light that I see the KISS song "Don't Touch My Ascot" from their Scooby Doo movie. It's just a song for the episode/movie, nothing more, nothing less, and for that purpose it's fucking great!

Yeah, definitely! It's not a new single or some kind of a comeback of GNR. It's just a fun little song made for that episode. Nothing more, nothing less. But it's great!

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Late to the party. What in the actual fuck did I just watch?

you want the ACTUAL fuck or the fake fuck?

From what I saw it was Axl KINDA acting and then singing a song aimed at little kids. Kinda like Slash on his Phineas and Pherb (I think that was the name) show. Interesting way to debut new music though. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

They really are.  My lady and I were listening to CD last week and talking about the album and she said to me "what ever happened to those CDs you made with the songs before the album came out.  The songs sounded much better on those".  I couldn't have agreed more.  

So is their a reason why axl signed off on the album version of cd being released and not the original versions being the final recordings?.

1 hour ago, Creed said:

the song title and the song itself sounds like ACDC. this is never ever a gnr tune.

But surely it would not have been Aired only in the U.S being Axl is American im sure DC would have it Aired in EU as well.

Edited by Gavin82

It’s an Axl Rose cameo on a new (terrible) version of Looney Tunes.  It’s incredibly cool to see Axl doing something like this, but don’t read too deeply into the song itself, while it definitely has the signs of an AC/DC tune (corny title with “Rock” mentioned multiple times) it’s clearly a song written by the writers on the show within the context of the plot.  I.E. use rock music to destroy the rock (asteroid.)  I view this as a positive sign that we will definitely see GNR output in the near future put together with the other hints we’ve gotten recently, but don’t get carried away or too attached to this “Rock the Rock” song.   It’s clearly a one off that the writers gave to Axl within the plot lines on his cameo.

Bottom line: excellent to see Axl do something unexpected, stay positive, but expect new things, don’t read too deeply into “Rock the Rock.”

👍🏻

• Like 2

On 12/26/2018 at 12:39 PM, RussTCB said:

We discussed that a little bit last night. It's always hilarious to me when all these people with "sources really close to Axl / the band" end up knowing exactly nothing just like we all assumed. 

I think Jim mentioned something about......................

I'll get my coat.

• Haha 3