Jump to content
itsprettytiedup

Axl Rose on Looney Tunes episode w/new song

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, DaveHawk said:

Doesn't sound like Axl to me...not on the lower parts, a little bit more on higher parts...hope I'm wrong. The guitars doesn't sound like Angus to me too...axldc wanna be? 

Xmas present or fake? 

That's Axl, there's no doubt about it.

And he sounds awesome. On the same level of Stuck Inside 10 years ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Russel Nash said:

That's Axl, there's no doubt about it.

And he sounds awesome. On the same level of Stuck Inside 10 years ago.

Still not sure...the vocals are good, no doubt, but I think it's not him. If this is the new material we're waiting for years I'm a little bit disappointed...we're no more in the 80s or 90s, I'd like to hear something better...from axldc or whatever this could be

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats Axl/Dc? I swear in the low vocal registers it sounds like Brian Johnson. Are they both on this track?

"Rock the Rock"... lets hope its just a ditty for this cartoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Russel Nash said:

i've listening to gnr all my life, being on the forums since ´00. Heard it all.. And that's 110% Axl Rose.

It sounds essentially the same as 2016 AC/DC Axl. How could anyone say it's not him? It clearly is.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

i've listening to gnr all my life, being on the forums since ´00. Heard it all.. And that's 110% Axl Rose.

I'm with the cellphone, and I can't hear very well...but the more I listen the more I think it could be Axl, but not alone. I don't recognize clearly his voice like other times

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bugs is playing a Strat. thats not very GN'R or ACDC but i'd say this is off the new ACDC album with Ax on guest vocals and not GN'R. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's actually fucking real. What in the fucking fuck.

Just goes to show: Axl will always rightfully deserve the reputation of being completely unpredictable.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DaveHawk said:

Still not sure...the vocals are good, no doubt, but I think it's not him. If this is the new material we're waiting for years I'm a little bit disappointed...we're no more in the 80s or 90s, I'd like to hear something better...from axldc or whatever this could be

It's likely a self-contained ditty. I would look not further than it being something cool Axl wanted to do with Looney Tunes. If anything, it shows that Axl has had enough free time to do studio stuff. Hopefully, this points positively towards a new album.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, soon said:

Thats Axl/Dc? I swear in the low vocal registers it sounds like Brian Johnson. Are they both on this track?

"Rock the Rock"... lets hope its just a ditty for this cartoon.

Strange, but what's not strange in Axl's world?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 minutes ago, soon said:

Thats Axl/Dc? I swear in the low vocal registers it sounds like Brian Johnson. Are they both on this track?

"Rock the Rock"... lets hope its just a ditty for this cartoon.

Some overdub with his low register voice.

Edited by Russel Nash
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 years ago Chinese Democracy came out. Had anyone at that time told me that the next Axl studio recording we'd hear of him was him singing on an episode of Looney Tunes 10 years after the fact I'd think you were high. Even by GNR standards. 

I'm excited. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning. He sounds great, sure it's ABC123 Rock that sounds like ACDC but I'm enjoying just hearing Axl again. If this is something combined with the rumours of something next month I'll be even happier. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, donny said:

Bugs is playing a Strat. thats not very GN'R or ACDC but i'd say this is off the new ACDC album with Ax on guest vocals and not GN'R. 

This thought never crossed my mind. I'd be okay with this if there's a Brian ACDC album coming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

I think Axl did a really good job with his acting!  

 

didnt sound like slashs guitar to me.  sounded more like acdc, but what do I know?

 

maybe it's because they rhymed the word "rock" with "rock" and then used the word "rock" 400 times in one song, which is an acdc lyrical requirement.  lol

The song is very AC/DC stylish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ratam said:

The song is very AC/DC stylish.

It is, very much so. But would AC/DC allow Looney Tunes to use a song of theirs? This screams Axl to me (e.g. like the Looney Tunes intro for the NITL tour). I would bet this was a simple ditty written by Axl for Looney Tunes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It is, very much so. But would AC/DC allow Looney Tunes to use a song of theirs? This screams Axl to me (e.g. like the Looney Tunes intro for the NITL tour). I would bet this was a simple ditty written by Axl for Looney Tunes.

I can tell you that their songs were used for a lot of films and video games during the last couple of years.

Edited by Sosso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm certain ACDC wouldn't have a problem licensing their songs to something like this. I'm sure it's just studio musicians though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It is, very much so. But would AC/DC allow Looney Tunes to use a song of theirs? This screams Axl to me (e.g. like the Looney Tunes intro for the NITL tour). I would bet this was a simple ditty written by Axl for Looney Tunes.

then maybe is just Axl and not GNR❓all very rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×