Axl Rose on Looney Tunes episode w/new song

On 1/7/2019 at 9:05 AM, allwaystired said:

Baffles me why people think this track is any good. Axl sounds good, sure, but the song? It's designed as a joke - a pastiche of AC/DC's ongoing use of the word 'Rock'. It would be an absolute disgrace if it was released as a serious song (which it quite clearly isn't) - and everyone I've played it to has laughed at it. 

Absolutely absurd that people have even suggested it should be played live! I know we're desperate, but surely we have some sort of standards?! 

I suppose it says a lot about rock fans in general that they greet an intentionally derivative and backwards-looking pastiche song as good....and perhaps suggests why the entire genre of music is struggling! 

The positives are of course that Axl has been in a studio and recorded something...and that he did it without anyone leaking that information. 

I am with you. I have no issue with Axl doing it but it isn't really any good. He sounds good but not a fan of all the layered vocals. It is very cheesy but since it is a kids cartoon it is supposed to be cheesy.  If he could do this it does make me wonder why they couldn't have thrown together one original track for the tour.

• GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am with you. I have no issue with Axl doing it but it isn't really any good. He sounds good but not a fan of all the layered vocals. It is very cheesy but since it is a kids cartoon it is supposed to be cheesy.  If he could do this it does make me wonder why they couldn't have thrown together one original track for the tour.

Amen brotha’!, Every diehard fan around the world is waiting  for any news of new , reunited music( since that reunion tour was so magical) and instead we get this, my sense of humor went away a loooong time ago with Axl.

• Like 1

On 08/01/2019 at 10:27 PM, nycgunner said:

His voice was shit in 2002, so your theory respectfully doesn’t hold up. It was bad in 2014 and then fairly strong in 2016.  I can’t explain it but there is more to it than “Axl is old and his voice is done”

Motivation?.

• 2 months later...

I was surprised when I turned on the radio yesterday to a local rock station, and heard the station playing the "Rock the Rock" song Axl did for the Looney Tunes episode. To my surprise again, I heard it on the way to work this morning. Once the song finished, the DJ stated, "Rock the Rock, the latest release from Axl Rose." The station is based out of Hazard, KY and is 97.9 WZQQ.  Anyone else heard a version of this song played on the radio...anywhere? 

• Like 2

Thats awesome, hilarious and kinda sad all at once.

Id love to hear it on the radio! My local rock station just plays ZZ Top, Headstones and Boston tracks on a loop with Black Velvet and Life Is A Highway sprinkled in every now and then.

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Id love to hear it on the radio! My local rock station just plays ZZ Top, Headstones and Boston tracks on a loop with Black Velvet and Life Is A Highway sprinkled in every now and then.

This station is actually pretty good, they play everything from Classic Rock to current....On an out of town drive this past Monday, I heard this station play the following bands: Kiss, Rolling Stones, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Metallica, Rival Sons, Black Keys, Motley Crue (New Single), The Beatles....pretty good mix of new/old.

3 minutes ago, papashaun said:

This station is actually pretty good, they play everything from Classic Rock to current....On an out of town drive this past Monday, I heard this station play the following bands: Kiss, Rolling Stones, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Metallica, Rival Sons, Black Keys, Motley Crue (New Single), The Beatles....pretty good mix of new/old.

Thats a great variety of bands! Plus they play the Axl track, they must be the last DJ lead station going. Really wish we had that here.

On 4/4/2019 at 5:35 AM, soon said:

Oh wow..that is it?!

I love my local rock station. They will play Seether, Guns, Metallica, Motley Crue, ACDC, Ozzy, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, Alice in Chains...and more! :headbang:

On 4/4/2019 at 8:35 AM, soon said:

That sounds like some sort of Twilight Zone radio station.  Those two songs are by Canadians, no Rush?😊

9 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Oh wow..that is it?!

I love my local rock station. They will play Seether, Guns, Metallica, Motley Crue, ACDC, Ozzy, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, Alice in Chains...and more! :headbang:

Nice! Yeah, thats all we get here pretty much, sometimes some AC/DC I guess. Plus whatever bands are touring through town and a weekly Led Zeppelin show (which is really cool). They used to have The Ronnie Wood Show, I dont know if you've heard it? I think its fantastic, really miss it. Then theres a newer 'modern rock' station that doesn't really play any Foo Fighters or any of those era bands you get to hear. So, Im jealous!

Youd mentioned a Cathouse podcast on here recently and I checked it out. Really enjoying the episodes Ive heard so far. So that helps to fit in for the local rock station. Glad you posted about it!

3 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

That sounds like some sort of Twilight Zone radio station.  Those two songs are by Canadians, no Rush?😊

Ha, it truly does. Yeah, its the Canadian Content laws but yeah, I think I actually have heard a bit of Rush on there now that you mention it. They're not really my band, but they are still played far less then I would expect. Only time Ive heard them play Guns was when NITL was officially announced. I still listen to it though, I guess being a GNR fan has conditioned me to take what I can get 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, soon said:

Nice! Yeah, thats all we get here pretty much, sometimes some AC/DC I guess. Plus whatever bands are touring through town and a weekly Led Zeppelin show (which is really cool). They used to have The Ronnie Wood Show, I dont know if you've heard it? I think its fantastic, really miss it. Then theres a newer 'modern rock' station that doesn't really play any Foo Fighters or any of those era bands you get to hear. So, Im jealous!

Youd mentioned a Cathouse podcast on here recently and I checked it out. Really enjoying the episodes Ive heard so far. So that helps to fit in for the local rock station. Glad you posted about it!

Ha, it truly does. Yeah, its the Canadian Content laws but yeah, I think I actually have heard a bit of Rush on there now that you mention it. They're not really my band, but they are still played far less then I would expect. Only time Ive heard them play Guns was when NITL was officially announced. I still listen to it though, I guess being a GNR fan has conditioned me to take what I can get 

Cool, I wanted to ask if you were Canadian. I took a ski trip up to Thunder Bay one year on spring break.  That was my first and last time skiing, lol, I almost pulled a Sonny Bono.

18 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Cool, I wanted to ask if you were Canadian. I took a ski trip up to Thunder Bay one year on spring break.  That was my first and last time skiing, lol, I almost pulled a Sonny Bono.

Yes, guilty as charged. And good eye on spotting those Canadian tracks! I think I had it in mind that you may be British, but spring break makes me think US?

Thunder Bay is great! I too have no plans to down hill ski ever again after very few attempts. Im with you, lol! 

10 minutes ago, soon said:

Yes, guilty as charged. And good eye on spotting those Canadian tracks! I think I had it in mind that you may be British, but spring break makes me think US?

Thunder Bay is great! I too have no plans to down hill ski ever again after very few attempts. Im with you, lol! 

Yes, I'm from the midwestern US.  I've actually been up to the Minnesota/Canada area along Lake Superior a few times,  it's beautiful up there.  Partied my ass off in Duluth, lol.

13 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Yes, I'm from the midwestern US.  I've actually been up to the Minnesota/Canada area along Lake Superior a few times,  it's beautiful up there.  Partied my ass off in Duluth, lol.

Oh, right, now I remember hence your screen name "lame ass security." You were there!! Ive never had the pleasure of visiting Duluth but it sure is gorgeous down there along Superior!

6 hours ago, soon said:

Oh, right, now I remember hence your screen name "lame ass security." You were there!! Ive never had the pleasure of visiting Duluth but it sure is gorgeous down there along Superior!

Yeah man, was at some hotel bar there and they had a special on triple Jack and Coke.  The one and only time I ever had one, or had even heard of it.  It was basically a glass of Jack with a splash of Coke. 

Edited by lame ass security