Film Related Shit (interviews, shooting footage, documentaries etc)

Len Cnut

I watched the Phantom Menace deleted scenes documentary. Its funny because at the start they take time to explain how dvds can have extras. There is some really cool looks into the animation. I am very surprised to learn that there wren extended scenes of discussions about taking Ani from is Mom. Most of the deleted scenes are action sequences or very needless exposition. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That Cassavetes/Falk/Gazzara vid is infamous and awesome.  Love those guys, although Gazzara to a lesser extent.  I think the stuff they did together, along with the fantastic Gena Rowlands,  was genius.  Husbands is probably my favorite.  Can't forget Seymour Cassell either, he was solid and he did give Slash his moniker, lol.

On 3/8/2019 at 3:19 AM, Len Cnut said:

There was a while where I would proclaim (and argue, to the hilt) that John Cassavetes was the greatest film director that ever lived.  There's a full version of that interview in 4 parts on youtube if you look for it.

Just wondering if you're a fan of Columbo?  Cassavetes guest starred on an episode called Etude in Black. It's a classic.

5 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Just wondering if you're a fan of Columbo?  Cassavetes guest starred on an episode called Etude in Black. It's a classic.

Yeah I’ve seen it, seen a lot of episodes of Columbo as a kid though I’m fucked if i can remember em but i went out of my way to find Etude in Black when I went Cassavetes mad.  I’ve seen most of everything hes been in, certainly everything he’s directed.

• Like 1

I'm watching a documentary on A&E now called John & Yoko:  Above Us Only Sky.  It has some unseen footage and they've digitally altered the footage to great effect. It has new interviews with some of the people who were around them during the time of the Imagine album.  Some great footage of the inner workings during the recording process of the album.  A must see for fans of Lennon or the Beatles.                                                                                        P.S.  I just wanted to add as I'm watching it that it includes new interviews with Yoko and Julian Lennon.

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...