"All of the material that hadn't been released was coming out in 2016, then the reunion happened." Tom Zutaut

Read a quotation from Zutaut recently and it got me thinking, what would I prefer if it was a choice between getting all the remaining Chinese Era music or a reunion in 2016.

I bet there’d be some pretty diverse options amongst fans, so what are your thoughts? 

I have stated many times during that time,  that I would prefer the Reunion. However, I regret that very much!

Today, I would prefer the album of all the chinese leftovers, because by release time I would have my last cd of Guns, and I could have closed the chapter on GNR forever, knowing that I would have enough music for my ears to listen to. (If that's even true)

Although I would prefer it that way, I can't be that selfish. I think Slash coming back and the reunion kind of saved GNR. I think Slash coming back, was the best thing that happened to Axl!

Edited by Propaganda
  • Like 1

I’d personally take the CD material, I was always interested in hearing what Axls vision was for Gnr and I don’t believe CD captured it fully.

The novelty of the reunion wore off for me after the first 6 months or so, although I’m excited to hear what the big three can come up with in the studio. I just can’t see Axl throwing away 20 years of material to start fresh.

• GNFNR 1

First of all Tom Zutaut is probably full of shit and doesn't know what he's talking about. That being said I do think that there's a good chance that CD 2 might have been released if reunion hadn't happened. But CD2 is not even half of all the unreleased CD2 era material so.

To answer your question, I'd pick reunion.

Why? Because I'm one of those people who believe that the CD era material will eventually be released anyway, despite the reunion. So now we got the reunion AND eventually the CD era material. And  the CD era material will probably sound even better now that Slash and Duff will work on it too. Besides Axl seems way more confident now that he has Slash and Duff back in the band, so with the confidence that he has, we might get way more new music in the future than we would ever have got with the old band.

• Like 1

Reunion easily. These guys are old, they couldn't afford to wait any longer and still have a great tour and bring GnR to a new generation.. I'm so glad they did it! 

The Chinese Democracy Era songs are all still there in the vault, they are not going away , they can release them whenever they like or even rework some of them with the Reunion lineup. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

While I don't believe for a second that the material actually would have been released in 2016, let's get assume it would have. Given the choice between hearing everything else that was recorded for CD and seeing the NITL tour, I would take the CD material being released all day, every day.

CD is my favorite GN'R album, so why wouldn't I want to hear everything else they recorded for it? On top of that, Slash isn't my favorite GN'R guitarist so seeing him back wasn't that big of a deal to me.

You said the 2016 shows were the best youve seen! :P

I view live shows as recorded music. The memories last a lifetime, so I'm happy with those 2016 shows