"All of the material that hadn't been released was coming out in 2016, then the reunion happened." Tom Zutaut

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

You said the 2016 shows were the best youve seen! :P

I view live shows as recorded music. The memories last a lifetime, so I'm happy with those 2016 shows

No..............I said they were "up there with some of the best I've seen". You should remember that I've constantly said the show at The Fillmore in Detroit was actually the best GN'R show I've ever seen, dating back to the first time I saw them in 1991.

Having said that, I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the shows I went to. I wouldn't have gone 3 times in 3 different cities if I hadn't lol. I'm just saying that if I were given the choice, I would have picked the CD material instead.

I am leaning toward reunion, I think it's hard to say "reunion without question" when you put it up against 20+ new tracks.  I guess if you are one of the people that hated CD, you wouldn't care, but outside of that particular class of fans, hard to say no to the vault.

It is "reunion without question x100" if we have our cake and eat it too, meaning if we get this stuff anyway, but with Slash and Duff added in.   

Kinda depends what "all the material" means. If it was 1 more album I might go with the reunion, since I think we'll get 1 final album from the NITL line-up at some point anyway. But if it's 2 full albums and a disc of remixes/alt versions, live stuff and tour documentaries, and minimal additions from Ron & Frank.... the emptying of the vault is the obvious choice.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No..............I said they were "up there with some of the best I've seen". You should remember that I've constantly said the show at The Fillmore in Detroit was actually the best GN'R show I've ever seen, dating back to the first time I saw them in 1991.

Having said that, I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the shows I went to. I wouldn't have gone 3 times in 3 different cities if I hadn't lol. I'm just saying that if I were given the choice, I would have picked the CD material instead.

I remember you said quote for quote, "wow, I dont like Robin anymore"

Just kidding

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Haha 2

With all due respect to the unreleased material, I'm sure there's some good stuff in there, but even if I didn't see 2 shows on this tour is still would take the reunion. Hearing Slash & Duff on the CD songs really made the sound more like GN'R to me than the album versions, so if the new record is just gonna be tracks from the CD sessions I'd rather wait and hear them with Slash & Duff. 

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

Fuck Chinese. Reunion should happen in 2006. Reunion Studio Album + Tour with his goddamn chainsaw voice

Agree and he looked very fit with an attitude that he wanted to prove something. If the remaining songs wernt good enough for cd1 how do we know those songs would have been any any better than those on cd1?.  

Reunion for me. Setlist should have covered, 

2 cd songs only ( mainly for axl)

No covers

More illusion songs + move to the city.

Cd was 8 to 10 years to late.

Cd should have been released 99/2000

Cd2- 06

Cd3 remixes whatever is left 2010

Reunion 2015.

Although axl was strong in 06 i didnt want the reunion to occur if there still unresolved personal shit between axl and slash. If they had reunited in 06 it would have been a strictly business type of reunion affair,  all about the dollars and not the chemistry on and off stage. Nuguns had to tread the depths of having minimal popularity for axl to finally see the light ( i.e slash) no matter how long that would have took for us to enjoy slash and axl on stage together in a mature mindset.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

While I don't believe for a second that the material actually would have been released in 2016, let's get assume it would have. Given the choice between hearing everything else that was recorded for CD and seeing the NITL tour, I would take the CD material being released all day, every day.

CD is my favorite GN'R album, so why wouldn't I want to hear everything else they recorded for it? On top of that, Slash isn't my favorite GN'R guitarist so seeing him back wasn't that big of a deal to me.

I can’t say it’s my favorite album. As a whole, it would be 2nd to Appetite. I do agree that the years of anticipation for Cd and the mythos that developed around it provided the most compelling  musical story of my lifetime. I‘ve been a fan since 1988 when I first heard AFD. For a 13-year old social misfit and free thinker a small Southern Baptist town, the fish out of water feeling of Axl and Izzy hitting the streets of L.A. bewildered by the debauchery which they would eventually embrace and carry to the extreme. Due to to my age and legal issues in Atlanta( Axl had a warrant for something after opening for Aerosmith in 87) I never got to see the original band. I don’t regret seeing them in 2011 with Ashba and co. any more than I regret catching the NITL tour in 2016. I can’t imagine seeing them again without Izzy and Steven though. It  has become a joke for bands to fall apart and eventually mount some sort of reunion. The tours are nearly always overpriced and the performances underwhelming. I personally can’t think of a single instance in which a revived band has released studio material on par with their earlier work. Without new songs, there’s only so much they can do without me relegating them to the category of a nostalgia act and just not paying attention to anything beyond the classic material.

• Like 1

Look on the bright side: Had the material released in 2016, it means the lineup would have included Bumblefoot and Ashba. No one wants that. Worse yet, those two would have played on the material in lieu of Buckethead and Finck. No one wants that either. It sucks to have to wait, but I'd rather see a record with Slash and Duff versus Ashba and Bumblefoot.

It's easier now after three years of NITL to say CD material would have been preferable. HOWEVER, there is no way in hell if I was ever presented with a choice would I say, "No, thank you" to seeing SLASH AND AXL play together again. St. Louis, Chicago, Indio. That was a dream come true and I can't wait for the next show.

Edited by GnR Chris

14 minutes ago, bax said:

I can’t say it’s my favorite album. As a whole, it would be 2nd to Appetite. I do agree that the years of anticipation for Cd and the mythos that developed around it provided the most compelling  musical story of my lifetime. I‘ve been a fan since 1988 when I first heard AFD. For a 13-year old social misfit and free thinker a small Southern Baptist town, the fish out of water feeling of Axl and Izzy hitting the streets of L.A. bewildered by the debauchery which they would eventually embrace and carry to the extreme. Due to to my age and legal issues in Atlanta( Axl had a warrant for something after opening for Aerosmith in 87) I never got to see the original band. I don’t regret seeing them in 2011 with Ashba and co. any more than I regret catching the NITL tour in 2016. I can’t imagine seeing them again without Izzy and Steven though. It  has become a joke for bands to fall apart and eventually mount some sort of reunion. The tours are nearly always overpriced and the performances underwhelming. I personally can’t think of a single instance in which a revived band has released studio material on par with their earlier work. Without new songs, there’s only so much they can do without me relegating them to the category of a nostalgia act and just not paying attention to anything beyond the classic material.

The bands that release stuff now wont match what they released in the past due to where the band and us fans were at a certain stage in life and where we are now. What guns do next will be interesting in terms of music and lyrics.

3 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

The bands that release stuff now wont match what they released in the past due to where the band and us fans were at a certain stage in life and where we are now. What guns do next will be interesting in terms of music and lyrics.

That is true, more so in terms of lyrical output. I believe any lyrics on a new one release will be lyrics written during the Chinese era though when Axl was in his late 30s, early 40s, and that is best, because i don't think Axl has much left to say at this point. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

It wouldn’t have happened.

Bumblefoot and Ashba were both out, leaving Axl without a guitarist.

i suppose at the point the obvious solution would’ve been Robin returning to the reins. But who knows if that would’ve happened. Any 2016 release would’ve been delayed by the lack of a lead guitarist.

1 minute ago, liers said:

It wouldn’t have happened.

Bumblefoot and Ashba were both out, leaving Axl without a guitarist.

i suppose at the point the obvious solution would’ve been Robin returning to the reins. But who knows if that would’ve happened. Any 2016 release would’ve been delayed by the lack of a lead guitarist.

The theory is it would have released had that lineup stayed intact.