"All of the material that hadn't been released was coming out in 2016, then the reunion happened." Tom Zutaut

On 1/2/2019 at 5:26 AM, Wagszilla said:

We don't know for sure.

We do know that Robin was frustrated by the inability to complete in album in 1999 after his first contract expired.

We also have the following:

• 2001: Robin and Buckethead reportedly not meshing, having a tense relationship. Axl mentioned this, actually, but put a PR spin on it.
  • 2006: Fortus and Robin reportedly being not thrilled that Bumblefoot joined the band. Why share the spotlight?
  • 2007: A fan commenting that Robin slammed his guitar stormed off in Monterrey 2007 because he was tired of Axl's shit or something to that effect.
  • 2008: Azoff reportedly trying to push Robin out to loop Slash back in.
  • 2008: Robin quitting, seemingly with no communication to management. The email to Del James (I seem to remember more colorful language in the actual email) that mentioned "only Robin knows what Robin's doing"
  • 2010-2014: General disfunction, band members not being paid, no communication with band members

If you take the available evidence at hand, Robin probably got tired of Axl as Dutch van der Linde promising him a bridge to nowhere.

You've got to have faith, Robin! I've got a plan!

Can you link to the Axl PR spin regarding Robin/Bucket?

Would love to read it. Thanks.

17 hours ago, moreblack said:

Absolutely not, I'd rather her work on it than whatever Pittman did. And I've a feeling with the way towel guy quit, that his work won't be on whatever they release going forward.

She's pretty average actually. Listen to Buckethead/Brain/Melissa best regards CDs. Her work is a very tough listen.

Definitely would've preferred hearing the rest of the Chinese material. The reunion is cool, but it came about a decade too late and it seems like the only thing we'll ever get out of it is touring, touring, and more touring (and considering how Axl sounds these days...meh). I'm glad I got to see my childhood musical idols on stage together in person, but I truly loved the direction Axl wanted to take GNR with the CD stuff.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

10 hours ago, chevelle said:

The reunion is cool, but it came about a decade too late and it seems like the only thing we'll ever get out of it is touring, touring, and more touring

It could never come soon enough. But we'll probably also get live album or blu ray out of this. Then they'll tour that too.

Hopefully if he puts out the rest of the CD stuff it's not as GNR but as Axl solo.

Edited by moreblack

3 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Wasn't there a rumour that little jam is part of the song Seven?

yes on the Evolution song list, i mentioned it on here once and got shot down for talking shite. but i still think it is.