Jump to content
gavgnr

"All of the material that hadn't been released was coming out in 2016, then the reunion happened." Tom Zutaut

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

We don't know for sure.

We do know that Robin was frustrated by the inability to complete in album in 1999 after his first contract expired.

We also have the following:

  • 2001: Robin and Buckethead reportedly not meshing, having a tense relationship. Axl mentioned this, actually, but put a PR spin on it.
  • 2006: Fortus and Robin reportedly being not thrilled that Bumblefoot joined the band. Why share the spotlight?
  • 2007: A fan commenting that Robin slammed his guitar stormed off in Monterrey 2007 because he was tired of Axl's shit or something to that effect.
  • 2008: Azoff reportedly trying to push Robin out to loop Slash back in.
  • 2008: Robin quitting, seemingly with no communication to management. The email to Del James (I seem to remember more colorful language in the actual email) that mentioned "only Robin knows what Robin's doing"
  • 2010-2014: General disfunction, band members not being paid, no communication with band members

If you take the available evidence at hand, Robin probably got tired of Axl as Dutch van der Linde promising him a bridge to nowhere.

You've got to have faith, Robin! I've got a plan!

Wasn't Monterrey 2007 thing about Axl being drunk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Good. Don't want none of it until Slash, Melissa and Duff get their hands on it.

Edited by moreblack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Good. Don't want none of it until Slash, Melissa and Duff get their hands on it.

Edit: Slash and Duff get their hands on it. 

Please leave the smurf far away from anything new being composed. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Edit: Slash and Duff get their hands on it. 

Please leave the smurf far away from anything new being composed. 

Absolutely not, I'd rather her work on it than whatever Pittman did. And I've a feeling with the way towel guy quit, that his work won't be on whatever they release going forward.

Edited by moreblack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the fact that we are even having this discussion is astonishing. 

 

As if the two are remotely comparable. 

 

Yeah, it would have been nice to hear the closed chapter of that crazy wave known as Chinese Democracy we rode for 20 straight years. But the reunion was something every single person here NEVER thought would happen. And if it didn’t happen now, I hate to say it but they are only going to get older. Everything that has happened that is associated with this ‘reunion’ is exactly what has needed to happen. 

 

Except for the music. 

 

You know, the reason why GNR exists. 

 

This current band has toured the world, what? 3 times over at this point in 3 years. That should be some sort of record in and of itself, but where in the FUCK is the album??? 

 

You are trying to tell me Slash, SLASH, the motherfucking WORKHORSE of the band since his original departure has NOTHING written, but can put out another side project album? Slash has literally orchestrated for movies. At this point, he could write the whole mother fucker himself, throw some lyrics to Axl and have them all go pump it out in the studio. Duff has nothing, but is about to go put out a solo album???? Axl has the gall to sing children’s songs on TV, but has nothing creative written down? SCOM WAS A POEM FOR FUCKS SAKE. 

 

An album delivered anytime between 2016 and now would have been the icing on the proverbial cake. Seriously it boggles my mind that these guys haven’t put out an album with at least 10 songs on it at this point. Its the whole reason why people now look back and say “damn. I wonder where things could have gone.” Musically at least. 

 

Do you believe anyone pre-2015 would have believed you if you told them Slash was rejoining Axl Rose in Guns N’ Roses? 

 

Now, almost 4 years later with no music to account for this event that many thought would never happen, we wanna look back and say “wellll, if Axl isn’t working with his old buddies to create newer music, can we have the leftovers?”  Come on now. Don’t let these music blue balls get to your head. 

 

We know what we want right now, and its a fucking Guns N’ Roses album of FRESH TO OUR EARS music (whatever that may be…) played by AT LEAST Axl, Duff and Slash.  

 

To me, Chinese Democracy is just one album. One of maybe 5 Axl and any combo of GNR could have put together in that time. 

 

Look at Metallica in the same time period of 1994-2014. 4 albums. None of which you would recommend to someone who questioned “what is Metallica?” If you look at it in this light, maybe you see Axl and co. having 4 or 5 albums of “chinese” themed filler material that is never played at shows in favor of Paradise City for the 500th time. (Some of you’s got mad Slash was playing Chi Dem songs!!! But don’t get me started on that!) 

 

Either the stuff that was recorded during that time is going to come out (in this lifetime....) or it isn’t. If I had to guess, id say one day it *might* leak. Which would fall in line with the history of the Chi Dem era, or maybe one day they just surprise us like they’ve been doing lately and axl decides to remaster the fucker and add it to a box set with the art work he wants or something.

 

With all of this being said, I’d choose the reunion. Everything about 2016 was amazing in regards to this band. It was the most hype around here its been in awhile. The whole Troub show night/day was wild. Traveling with my best buds to Tennessee and seeing Adler on stage with the band getting to hear Slash play that evil song about him known as ‘Sorry’ live before everyone else, and getting to see them in my hometown for the first time since 1992 was pretty historic for one year if you ask me. 

 

The memories made during that year alone will last me longer then any throwaway song from Axl’s magnum opus   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see CD II being released without Slash and Duff but them continue to tour with GNR and then start work on a new album. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL. you guys still believe care bear lover has got songs like jackie chan and the general. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2019 at 5:26 AM, Wagszilla said:

We don't know for sure.

We do know that Robin was frustrated by the inability to complete in album in 1999 after his first contract expired.

We also have the following:

  • 2001: Robin and Buckethead reportedly not meshing, having a tense relationship. Axl mentioned this, actually, but put a PR spin on it.
  • 2006: Fortus and Robin reportedly being not thrilled that Bumblefoot joined the band. Why share the spotlight?
  • 2007: A fan commenting that Robin slammed his guitar stormed off in Monterrey 2007 because he was tired of Axl's shit or something to that effect.
  • 2008: Azoff reportedly trying to push Robin out to loop Slash back in.
  • 2008: Robin quitting, seemingly with no communication to management. The email to Del James (I seem to remember more colorful language in the actual email) that mentioned "only Robin knows what Robin's doing"
  • 2010-2014: General disfunction, band members not being paid, no communication with band members

If you take the available evidence at hand, Robin probably got tired of Axl as Dutch van der Linde promising him a bridge to nowhere.

You've got to have faith, Robin! I've got a plan!

Can you link to the Axl PR spin regarding Robin/Bucket?

 

Would love to read it. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, moreblack said:

Absolutely not, I'd rather her work on it than whatever Pittman did. And I've a feeling with the way towel guy quit, that his work won't be on whatever they release going forward.

She's pretty average actually. Listen to Buckethead/Brain/Melissa best regards CDs. Her work is a very tough listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mcmurray said:

She's pretty average actually. Listen to Buckethead/Brain/Melissa best regards CDs. Her work is a very tough listen.

I choose her work over whatever Pittman did.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely would've preferred hearing the rest of the Chinese material. The reunion is cool, but it came about a decade too late and it seems like the only thing we'll ever get out of it is touring, touring, and more touring (and considering how Axl sounds these days...meh). I'm glad I got to see my childhood musical idols on stage together in person, but I truly loved the direction Axl wanted to take GNR with the CD stuff.

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, chevelle said:

The reunion is cool, but it came about a decade too late and it seems like the only thing we'll ever get out of it is touring, touring, and more touring

It could never come soon enough. But we'll probably also get live album or blu ray out of this. Then they'll tour that too.

Hopefully if he puts out the rest of the CD stuff it's not as GNR but as Axl solo.

Edited by moreblack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Hopefully if he puts out the rest of the CD stuff it's not as GNR but as Axl solo.

I couldn't care less what it's called - it could be called Ginger Tosser's Greatest Shits for all I care, I just want to hear some new music.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

I couldn't care less what it's called - it could be called Ginger Tosser's Greatest Shits for all I care, I just want to hear some new music.

As long as we get the NITL Blu Ray 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/12/2018 at 2:11 PM, Alejandro GNR said:

I dream to hear this as a song with Axl singing and a great bucket solo...or Slash replacing him.

Also, what Slash plays before Only Women Bleed in Paris 92...could that be a song???

Wasn't there a rumour that little jam is part of the song Seven?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Wasn't there a rumour that little jam is part of the song Seven?

yes on the Evolution song list, i mentioned it on here once and got shot down for talking shite. but i still think it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, donny said:

yes on the Evolution song list, i mentioned it on here once and got shot down for talking shite. but i still think it is. 

For sure it sounds like part of a bigger song i love that jam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

For sure it sounds like part of a bigger song i love that jam

it could be this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Wasn't there a rumour that little jam is part of the song Seven?

I'm pretty sure Robin confirmed it was nothing more than a jam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

I'm pretty sure Robin confirmed it was nothing more than a jam.

Shame really it is a great little jam 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×