How would everyone feel if GNR released another double album as a comeback?

Would that be a good idea? One side could be the "Axl" side with reworked things from CD sessions and the other album would be completely fresh material written by the current band. Would be a great way to get out both things at the same time, instead of us getting an Axl album with Slash and Duff parts, or have all the Axl stuff never see the light of day.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Bring it on.

I love big albums - Blonde on Blonde, White Album, Exile, Physical Graffiti, Illusions...I don't love every single song on either one of these, but it's about the bigger picture and the ones I do love more than make up for it, can only happen in such big album context. NR or Estranged wouldn't work on AFD, but they make perfect sense on UYI.

They can even make it a triple, I'd be glad to listen to it in one sitting the day it comes out.

Any new music would be greatly appreciated, at least from my side. They can't please everyone anyway. Just make a record that you love and it will resonate with the right people. At this point they dont have to prove anything to anyone anymore. Just make some music again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would rather one lean mean kick ass rock album.  That is what Axl sounds better on these days and what the masses will be hoping for. Outside of the Cult following in these forums the messes don't care about all the CD material Axl has been hoarding.  If it sound sliek the rest of CD it will flop anyway. 

A double album would be over kill, too much filler and too much for people to digest these days. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would rather one lean mean kick ass rock album.

That's what im hoping its not - I don't want an insanely rich 60 year old Axl singing about fortified wine :lol:

I'd like a UYI type album(s) - a mishmash of styles. Some straight/simple and others more complex.

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

That's what im hoping its not - I don't want an insanely rich 60 year old Axl singing about fortified wine :lol:

I'd like a UYI type album(s) - a mishmash of styles. Some straight/simple and others more complex.

Why does a kick ass rick album have to be about fortified wine?  

Beef up the back catalogue. Cherry pick the very best of what Axl has worked on over the Chinese sessions and fire in whatever Duff and Slash want, a few covers if they so desire. 

I would be beyond delighted and possibly hit the drink for several days in order to celebrate.

I was thinking of either something like that or like releasing a limited edition "Chinese Democracy Era Sessions" box set with the trilogy of albums.  That way the hardcore fans can buy the music and have it, and the curious fans can at least check out the rest of the CD material on streaming sites - and then GNR would be free to work on fresh, new material with the current lineup

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Itd be great for sure, like some said above, a mix of unreleased Axl songs and new songs would be amazing. As for the direction, I dont see this band doing Shackler Revenge/Silkworms-kind of songs, but would totally dig the more organic side of CD like TWAT and IRS along with some blues n punk rock n rollers. 

I dont see it happening anytime soon tho. 

38 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I don't understand anyone who wouldn't want a double album.

let's see what they even have in the tank.. If anything. A double album would be cool if it was good but would be catastrophic it if it was a big convoluted mess of mediocrity.. Without Izzy involved that is just what it could be judging from CD and Slash's last album. As mellow as Izzy's solo stuff can be, it was his guitars that gave Gn'R the heaviness and edge.. 

• Like 2