How would everyone feel if GNR released another double album as a comeback?

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

A double album would be the best possible option: one disc of untouched Chinese-era songs, and another disc of Chinese-era songs with Slash and Duff's additions, a couple brand new songs and a couple covers. :drool:

I honestly wouldn't even buy that

• Like 1

Why would anyone have a bad response to that?  Who among the starving millions of the GnR fanbase would turn that down?  This is a fanbase that spunks their pants when a song that everyones heard a thousand times gets released with a cartoon video, how pathetic is that, the guy can't even be bothered to put out a montage of old clips or, Lord forbid, drag his hairy fat ginger arse in front of a camera and make some sort of effort towards the sort of great works of art we used to get in the early 90s, basically the diseased outpourings of Axls mind condensed into this montage of spousal abuse, fast cars and dolphins.  

I think we need to get like a Jerry Lewis telefon thing going for the starving millions of Mygnr, or better yet, since its not fuckin' 1974 we could start a GoFundMe page, how much fuckin' money (because lets face it, its always about money) will it take for Axl fuckin' Rose to put out some of this shite he's got in the fuckin' vaults and grace the fans with his vocal stylings, maybe a little Slash solo thrown in there if thats not asking too much and we can all pretend we're thirteen again for 40 minutes before the onset of the inevitable depression that follows.  Look at it this way, the average Guns n Roses album sells a few fuckin' million surely right?  If every album purchaser can put aside 20 quid we could all bung a tenner each into the GoFundMe, get the millions together, give it to Axl, thats all his, tax free, then have him put out an album which we can all spend the second tenner on, hows that?  

Mind his words not worth much, we'd have to set up some kind of fuckin' exchange in the middle of the desert, have a couple of us, send the yanks cuz they have firearms (no Portuguese, they can't be trusted :lol: ) to a hand over in the middle of the desert, expect the cunt to show up late though so take a fuckin' couple bottles of Evian with you, Axl bowls up in his cycling shorts, his fat ginger boy thighs caked in sunscreen to stop them congealing like a fuckin' ant under a microscope in the summer, give him the dosh in exchange for a fuckin' single CD-R, cuz fuck the artwork booklet and be thankful you're gettin' the tunes, take it home and spread it over the fuckin' internet like Sunpat.

I've put way too much thought into this, haven't I? :lol: 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Why would anyone have a bad response to that?  Who among the starving millions of the GnR fanbase would turn that down?  This is a fanbase that spunks their pants when a song that everyones heard a thousand times gets released with a cartoon video, how pathetic is that, the guy can't even be bothered to put out a montage of old clips or, Lord forbid, drag his hairy fat ginger arse in front of a camera and make some sort of effort towards the sort of great works of art we used to get in the early 90s, basically the diseased outpourings of Axls mind condensed into this montage of spousal abuse, fast cars and dolphins.  

I think we need to get like a Jerry Lewis telefon thing going for the starving millions of Mygnr, or better yet, since its not fuckin' 1974 we could start a GoFundMe page, how much fuckin' money (because lets face it, its always about money) will it take for Axl fuckin' Rose to put out some of this shite he's got in the fuckin' vaults and grace the fans with his vocal stylings, maybe a little Slash solo thrown in there if thats not asking too much and we can all pretend we're thirteen again for 40 minutes before the onset of the inevitable depression that follows.  Look at it this way, the average Guns n Roses album sells a few fuckin' million surely right?  If every album purchaser can put aside 20 quid we could all bung a tenner each into the GoFundMe, get the millions together, give it to Axl, thats all his, tax free, then have him put out an album which we can all spend the second tenner on, hows that?  

Mind his words not worth much, we'd have to set up some kind of fuckin' exchange in the middle of the desert, have a couple of us, send the yanks cuz they have firearms (no Portuguese, they can't be trusted :lol: ) to a hand over in the middle of the desert, expect the cunt to show up late though so take a fuckin' couple bottles of Evian with you, Axl bowls up in his cycling shorts, his fat ginger boy thighs caked in sunscreen to stop them congealing like a fuckin' ant under a microscope in the summer, give him the dosh in exchange for a fuckin' single CD-R, cuz fuck the artwork booklet and be thankful you're gettin' the tunes, take it home and spread it over the fuckin' internet like Sunpat.

I've put way too much thought into this, haven't I? :lol: 

you got scraped 10 years ago and bugs bunny/Porky/Axl this year and you are still not happy. Geez.

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

You know you would, though. We all would. :P

lol.. I can honestly say no.. I have zero interest in the untouched CD stuff.  I have very little interest in hearing a CD that is mostly leftover CD stuff touched up by Slash.. I don't even know how excited I am for music new consisting of Fortus, Frank and Melissa to be honest. But that along with the covers (depending on what they are) would be what I would have the most interest in.. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

lol.. I can honestly say no.. I have zero interest in the untouched CD stuff.  I have very little interest in hearing a CD that is mostly leftover CD stuff touched up by Slash.. I don't even know how excited I am for music new consisting of Fortus, Frank and Melissa to be honest. But that along with the covers (depending on what they are) would be what I would have the most interest in.. 

I have complete faith in new music from the NITL line-up being 'up to par', there were 1 or 2 times over the course of the tour that they played some "random" instrumentals at soundcheck that were pretty cool (I remember one in particular being quite 'heavy' sounding), and I imagine Slash would be writing basically all the riffs. I could definitely see this line-up doing some 'progressive' songs similar to Locomotive, Estranged or There Was A Time.

Personally, I'd prefer Axl's songs with Slash and Duff adding their parts, instead of starting a new album from scratch. I really want to hear the rest of the Chinese material.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I have complete faith in new music from the NITL line-up being 'up to par', there were 1 or 2 times over the course of the tour that they played some "random" instrumentals at soundcheck that were pretty cool (I remember one in particular being quite 'heavy' sounding), and I imagine Slash would be writing basically all the riffs. I could definitely see this line-up doing some 'progressive' songs similar to Locomotive, Estranged or There Was A Time.

Personally, I'd prefer Axl's songs with Slash and Duff adding their parts, instead of starting a new album from scratch. I really want to hear the rest of the Chinese material.

If Axl wants to release the CD stuff, he should just do it as a solo album at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

If Axl wants to release the CD stuff, he should just do it as a solo album at this point.

Kinda depends what it is... I think it would be really cool for him to do a solo album of piano-based songs like TIL or Catcher, and tour that under his own name (just Axl, a piano and a guitar player, touring theatres). But if there's rockers like CD, Better, IRS or even If The World, I really wanna hear what Slash would add to those. I'd have no problem with those coming out under the GNR name.

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Would that be a good idea? One side could be the "Axl" side with reworked things from CD sessions and the other album would be completely fresh material written by the current band. Would be a great way to get out both things at the same time, instead of us getting an Axl album with Slash and Duff parts, or have all the Axl stuff never see the light of day.

That sounds like a modern version of UYI I and II. I mean according to Axl in I think the Eddie Trunk interviews in 2006, the UYI albums were an Izzy album and a Slash album and Axl wrote some songs. I'll be honest I;d love any new music release from GNR. 

I would love it, but I doubt GN'R would do something like that. Getting one album done would be a miracle in my eyes.

In my opinion if the next album is gonna be songs left over from the CD sessions with Slash & Duff, why not go even deeper into the archives & include some of the stuff recorded for the 96' album with Frank & Richard adding parts?(maybe Axl too, I've heard conflicting reports on weather or not he recorded any vocals) I heard rumors that the 96' album was supposed to have an Aerosmith vibe, so there'd be some more hard rock stuff to balance out axl's more grandiose CD esque material. I for one think that would be a killer record.

Edited by The Matinator