How would everyone feel if GNR released another double album as a comeback?

On 28/12/2018 at 11:46 PM, -W.A.R- said:

Its was a bad way of saying that i don't want an album full of Nightrain-type songs :shrugs:

Axl is still  going to parties. We have seen videos and pictures of Axl having fun at nightclubs. And he is always around hot chicks. We also got a Shadow Of Your Love, a song from the 80s

• Like 1

It’d be completely Axl for him to want to outdo UYI, and put out not just a double album, but a triple album. Clear the decks of all the leftover CD stuff, and shut everyone up who’s been complaining about lack of new music from GN’R.

But it’d also be completely Axl to not do anything at all.

• Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:40 AM, metallex78 said:

It’d be completely Axl for him to want to outdo UYI, and put out not just a double album, but a triple album. Clear the decks of all the leftover CD stuff, and shut everyone up who’s been complaining about lack of new music from GN’R.

But it’d also be completely Axl to not do anything at all.

Since AFD was a single album and UYI was twice that, Axle should really outdo UYI and put out twice UYI, a quadruple album!

• Like 1

On 05/01/2019 at 12:45 AM, Fashionista said:

I want a double abum:

Side 1:
90s Material with new Axl vocals/lyrics

Side 2:
Chinese leftovers with Slash/Duff overdubs

Bonus Tracks:
Studio Witchita Lineman
New Studio song (composed in/after 2016)

90s material? Why? I mean, maybe they come out with a great record like Van Halen did with A different kind of truth. But I'd be inclined to say if the material didn't make the cut or was turned down and dismissed I see no reason to revisit the batch... Maybe take a diff here or there and rework it. Having said that I haven't heard any of this so it may be good! 

On 1/5/2019 at 8:28 PM, Tom2112 said:

If it's good then great, if it's a mixed bag of good and mediocre then you would be scratching your head! 

Double records are not easy to pull off as they found out.

Best thing they can do is release one good album.

Agree 100% 

Release 10 -12 kick ass songs.. Lean, mean and no filler.. 

On 1/5/2019 at 8:32 PM, Tom2112 said:

90s material? Why? I mean, maybe they come out with a great record like Van Halen did with A different kind of truth. But I'd be inclined to say if the material didn't make the cut or was turned down and dismissed I see no reason to revisit the batch... Maybe take a diff here or there and rework it. Having said that I haven't heard any of this so it may be good! 

I would love for them to revisit any old 80's/90's material if they have it.  Would also love them to hand over "the project" album to Axl and let him have his way with it. 

On 05/01/2019 at 11:28 PM, Tom2112 said:

If it's good then great, if it's a mixed bag of good and mediocre then you would be scratching your head! 

Double records are not easy to pull off as they found out.

Best thing they can do is release one good album.

There might be material for two amazing albuns without "fillers" on the vault tho. We must remember the last release of this band was 30 years ago, numerous sources have said what is on CD isnt thr best Axl material, Slash has probably done great stuff and saved for Guns, they could even call Izzy to work on the studio and its almost guarantee Izzy has songs.

Theres also the mid-90s sessions that most of the people involved called the best GNR album, if this stuff exists and wasnt released, I see no point on keeping it on the vault. We wouldnt even know if these songs are old or new unless they tell us. 

So, I believe a double album full of great songs is possible for these guys and it would be huuuge for rock n roll. What was the last time a major rock n roll act released something so ambicious?

Edited by default_

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Agree 100% 

I would love for them to revisit any old 80's/90's material if they have it.  Would also love them to hand over "the project" album to Axl and let him have his way with it. 

We might be waiting another 10 years for the output to that.

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Agree 100% 

Yeah, it could be interesting.

I actually think that the project material would be far more up Axls alley than the straight ahead rock that Slash and Fortus would write together. Only problem is that it's VR material and they'd have to get permission from Kushner and Sorum to use it... It's pretty far out an idea, but It could be cool!

Also, if they had some legitimate cool 80s or 90s material like VH did, then of course I'm interested, I'd just like the next Guns record to be a bit more rocking and less ploddy. I love CD, but it lacked in the bonafide rockers department!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, default_ said:

There might be material for two amazing albuns without "fillers" on the vault tho. We must remember the last release of this band was 30 years ago, numerous sources have said what is on CD isnt thr best Axl material, Slash has probably done great stuff and saved for Guns, they could even call Izzy to work on the studio and its almost guarantee Izzy has songs.

Theres also the mid-90s sessions that most of the people involved called the best GNR album, if this stuff exists and wasnt released, I see no point on keeping it on the vault. We wouldnt even know if these songs are old or new unless they tell us. 

So, I believe a double album full of great songs is possible for these guys and it would be huuuge for rock n roll. What was the last time a major rock n roll act released something so ambicious?

Stone sour:D joking of course!

I hear what you're saying. If the material is good why not! but they should make damn sure it is! that means some critical ears telling them all the things they don't like hearing.

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Stone sour:D joking of course!

I hear what you're saying. If the material is good why not! but they should make damn sure it is! that means some critical ears telling them all the things they don't like hearing.

Stone Sour’s double album House of Gold & Bones was really good though, joking aside, and it was quite ambitious for them anyway.

And I’d love a double or triple album of everything they have left in the vault. I love that about UYI - there’s so much there, different styles, different things that appeal to different people. 

If we got a new album or albums like that, I’d love it. 

I really like Chinese Democracy, so I'd love to hear the songs recorded for it over all those years. I think a Bootleg Series-esque box set of those sessions would be one of the most fascinating and fantastic box sets a music fan could ask for. I can't imagine a scenario where that music is released in any appropriate way otherwise. But Axl is clearly never going to do that. So I think all of us GNR fans should be very, very nice to Axl's Brazilian family, because the only way we'll ever hear it is when he pops his clogs and they get to decide on what's released. It would be a great shame if that music was lost, Prince-style, although I doubt Axl has planned his legacy Bowie-style. So yeah, I think our only hope is to simply hope for the best, sadly. But we should be used to that by now!