If Slash quit GNR again would the brand survive?

Wouldn't Axl be painted as an ass again if he and Slash had another falling out? I wonder if Axl thought of this when calling Slash years ago. I know he probably doesn't need the money anyway, but sometimes its hard to give up on what you have been doing your whole life. I'd say GNR's future is in Slash's hands now more than Axl's. What do you think?

I guess if Slash left GNR again, Axl would probably just retire. If I were him, I would be very tired of everything if that happened. 

But concerning the brand - I guess GNR won't stop selling merchandise ever in the next 100 years. :D 

Edited by Twinfoot
  • Like 4

If you captured attendance of guns shows between 2010 to 2014 then 2016 to last show 2018 will give you an indication. With slash back the "GNR  brand " has been reestablished and if slash leaves i think axl would end the band and concentrate on other musical endeavors ( voice overs, soundtracks). Whats the alternative have ashba as lead guitarist again?.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tucknroll said:

I doubt he'll ever quit mainly because he has to pay his ex so much basically the rest of his life. She and axl pretty much own slash

Is perla getting money from the reunion ? She and Slash divorced before the Reunion so surely she isn't entitled to anything from the reunion specifically. And no Axl doesn't own Slash. 

42 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The fuckin' shit that goes through some peoples minds on this forum :lol:  The brand would survive if they all dropped dead tommorow cuz its a really big band thats sold millions of t shirts and albums and all that shite, in fact there'd be a spike in album sales I'm sure.

You hit the nail on the head my friend. 

Also the fact that based on the what we see from the outside interms of how comfortable and relaxed the guys are around each other, all the past issues have been dealt with and the guys have moved on as adults do. 

Do any of you believe that if these guys acted like some people post on this forum they would have been this successful on the NITL tour for this long of a period with out any signs during that period of any of the guys not wanting to be there or for other reasons?. 

Some of you guys need to do what these guys have done and move on from the past. 

Some are looking for something that wont happen and thats pretty clear to see if you leave your baggage at the door. 

Izzy,  Steven, Matt and Gilby aren't coming back, and the current line up is the present and or future. 

Except it or move on... 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 1

It could go to what it was before.. Axl playing smaller venues, clubs etc.  There is always going to be an interest.

I mean if STP can play smaller venues without Scott Axl surely could do it again under the GnR name.

But honestly this time around if Slash were to quit I would hope Axl goes solo.

Edited by Bitchisback
Added more

No way.

Axl managed to keep the brand afloat while doing his own thing, but if Slash left again, it's over. If you thought he was a laughing stock during NuGuns, it would be even worse if it happened again.

He would probably just use it as a chance to retire. It's not as if he's strapped for cash at this point.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

The fuckin' shit that goes through some peoples minds on this forum :lol:  The brand would survive if they all dropped dead tommorow cuz its a really big band thats sold millions of t shirts and albums and all that shite, in fact there'd be a spike in album sales I'm sure.

A lot of what goes through your mind....according to your posts.... is complete horseshit in my book also. Sorry to inconvenience you in any way.

1 hour ago, Tucknroll said:

I doubt he'll ever quit mainly because he has to pay his ex so much basically the rest of his life. She and axl pretty much own slash

Agreed. Slash has wanted back into GnR for years. I wouldn't be surprised if his current deal is even worse than the one Axl gave him in 1995. There were actually rumors about that back when the reunion was first announced iirc.

1 minute ago, RONIN said:

Agreed. Slash has wanted back into GnR for years. I wouldn't be surprised if his current deal is even worse than the one Axl gave him in 1995. There were actually rumors about that back when the reunion was first announced iirc.

i think it was said that the deal was for every million earned it went Ax $500. Slash $300 and Duff $200. 

"brand"

:rofl-lol:

GNR has survived the ultimate shit fest which is a very sweet and kind way to describe the abomination that was axl solo career as "GNR"

even if bon jovi went on a killing spree shooting all members of GNR one by one...

and then later shooting all members of axl rose solo band who were told they were in GNR...

GNR would still survive and thrive because you cant really kill music, can you?

specially when it is fucking great 

3 hours ago, History2010 said:

I don't think Axl would embarrass himself by continuing. Like others say, he would most likely retire. If he wouldn't go solo in 1993, he sure as hell won't now. 

you are clearly underestimating axl ability to embarrass himself

if axl called that band those bands and that album GNR, then its fair to say that he is capable of anything

4 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

But honestly this time around if Slash were to quit I would hope Axl goes solo.

been there & done that under an alias

I can see it before my inner eye.

After getting the call from Slash that he's leaving again, Axl quietly, without saying a word or having an expression on his face, walks to the vault and sets fire to it. After that he's standing in front of it laughing like a maniac until he gets taken to a mental hospital forever.

• Haha 2