Slash Talks About GN'R In Past Tense

ludurigan

"I’m particularly proud of Guns N' Roses. Out of everything about that band – the music, the tours – basically, what the whole band was about is something I’m very proud of. Guns N' Roses was a band that made it on our own merits and didn’t cater to the status quo or try to be industry darlings or any of that kind of pandering that a lot of bands do to try to become successful. So, I’m very proud of that, and I’m proud of Velvet Revolver, I’m proud of the solo stuff that I’ve been doing with Myles… all that stuff is something that I feel was an achievement, and worth doing."

Slash talks about Guns N' Roses for Bandwagon, December 2018

https://www.bandwagon.asia/articles/we-didn-t-cater-to-the-status-quo-or-try-to-be-industry-darlings-an-interview-with-slash

Cant understand these people that live in the past!

:rofl-lol:

gunsnrosesmarkweiss2_638.jpg

53 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

Talk about reading between selected lines...

It's obvious he WAS talking about pre-breakup Guns and their rise to the top. Anyone who thinks Slash is gonna give up Guns (and the pay that comes with it) again is more nuts than Axl.

The GNR brand has been reinvigorated to the point where if Axl continued on without Slash, he could probably sell out hockey arenas again with Duff/Frank/Richard/Dizzy/Melissa for a few years 

Now if Duff and Slash both left...that would be a harder sell

If Axl decided to release Chinese Democracy 2, a tour with Bucket and Tommy to support it would make a lot of sense - Bucket was supposedly hard up for money earlier in the year which is why he went on tour for the first time in a while, he'd probably welcome the payday

16 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

@ludurigan Izzy’s not coming back, brother. You’ve been bitter for 30 years despotricating everything he’s not involved, but it’s time to move on. Your attempts at trolling are getting boring. Thankfully Guns N’ Roses will keep going with Axl, Slash, Duff and the “aliens” as you like to call them. They will probably mess up GNR’s legacy and history by releasing a new album that features Richard again :P And I’ll be happily waiting for your reaction!

He-is-not-coming-back. Let Izzy be happy with his avocados.

Move on

@GNRfanMILO

Thanks for clarifying that Izzy’s not coming back, brother! Let me ask you something, Izzy told you that? Or you know the future? If you know the future, can you tell me if you knew secretly that the fakeunion would happen before everyone?

Thanks also for telling me that I have been bitter for 30 years! I had no idea! But if you are telling me that I have been bitter, than I surely have! It's pretty fascinating to find that someone I have never seen in my life can get inside my mind and tell me how I feel, brother!

Thanks also for teaching me the new word "despotricating". I have no idea what it means but I love it! I think I am gonna start to despotricate everyday now, it seems so relaxing and adventurous! I have a new year party to go do you think I am gonna make people laugh if i despotricate for them? Or with them? Please let me know!

Thanks also for telling me that stating my opinion is "trolling". It's pretty fun to find people who can't tolerate a different opinion than yours. It's fascinating to interact with people like that, it happens on this forum all more times than I can remember!

Thanks also for telling me that you are "bored". I had no idea that my opinions should "entertain" you but now that you told me what my opinions are for I promise you that I will try my best at it so you may never get bored again!

Thanks also for telling me to "move on", I love when someone that I have never seen in my life comes and tells me what I should to do, what I should say, how I should behave. It's brilliant! It's actually the most "GNR thing" you can do!

Last but not least, please let me know when you want to discuss GNR and not what I do. Last time i checked this was a GNR board!

Thanks, brother!

20 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Because now the band is not about what it was. Slash is proud of the band they started out as until UYI days. Rightly so. They were a great band. 

It ended all up in smoke. Now three of them are on a nostalgia ride with hired hands. :shrugs:

e-fucking-xactly my thoughts

15 hours ago, Gunner927 said:

Talk about reading between selected lines...

It's obvious he WAS talking about pre-breakup Guns and their rise to the top. Anyone who thinks Slash is gonna give up Guns (and the pay that comes with it) again is more nuts than Axl.

Just like you, I am 100% sure that Slash was talking about GN'R and not about Axl's Guns n Aliens band that currently presents itself as Guns n Roses

I never stated that Slash is considering to leave Axl's Guns n Aliens band

It just grabbed my attention that despite touring the word with "Guns n' Roses" for the last three years, Slash talks about "Guns n' Roses" as something that doesn't exist anymore

13 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Deep in his mind he probably sees the AFD, UYI, and NITL lineups as three different bands, and was probably just referring to the AFD crew here.

yep

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

When you talk about the past you tend to do it in past tense, that don't mean that Guns have broken up, it just means their past is being referred to folks.

Surely the band that presents itself as GNR has not broken up and likely they will continue presenting themselves as GNR and making zillions of dollars in the process for as long as people are willing to pay to see them

11 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Surely the band that presents itself as GNR has not broken up and likely they will continue presenting themselves as GNR and making zillions of dollars in the process for as long as people are willing to pay to see them

Well its missing the odd stroke victim and the odd non-comital dirt bike enthusiast but it seems to be Guns enough for the vast majority of its fanbase so who am I to argue?

6 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

can you please quote it? I have read the entire interview and I haven't found anywhere Slash says "SMKC was a band etc..." or anything similar to that

Same quote.

"I’m particularly proud of Guns N' Roses. Out of everything about that band – the music, the tours – basically, what the whole band was about is something I’m very proud of. Guns N' Roses was a band that made it on our own merits and didn’t cater to the status quo or try to be industry darlings or any of that kind of pandering that a lot of bands do to try to become successful. So, I’m very proud of that, and I’m proud of Velvet Revolver, I’m proud of the solo stuff that I’ve been doing with Myles… all that stuff is something that I feel was an achievement, and worth doing."

He ends saying "All that stuff is something that I feel was an achievement and worth doing"

He talks Guns and says "So, Im very proud of that (Guns)..." then goes on to say he's proud of VR and Solo/Myles. Then closes saying "And all that stuff (Guns, VR, Solo) is something that I feel WAS and achievement..."

27 minutes ago, soon said:

Same quote.

"I’m particularly proud of Guns N' Roses. Out of everything about that band – the music, the tours – basically, what the whole band was about is something I’m very proud of. Guns N' Roses was a band that made it on our own merits and didn’t cater to the status quo or try to be industry darlings or any of that kind of pandering that a lot of bands do to try to become successful. So, I’m very proud of that, and I’m proud of Velvet Revolver, I’m proud of the solo stuff that I’ve been doing with Myles… all that stuff is something that I feel was an achievement, and worth doing."

He ends saying "All that stuff is something that I feel was an achievement and worth doing"

He talks Guns and says "So, Im very proud of that (Guns)..." then goes on to say he's proud of VR and Solo/Myles. Then closes saying "And all that stuff (Guns, VR, Solo) is something that I feel WAS and achievement..."

I’m proud of the solo stuff that I’ve been doing with Myles

he never said that SMKC "was a band"