Slash Talks About GN'R In Past Tense

ludurigan

1 minute ago, ludurigan said:

I’m proud of the solo stuff that I’ve been doing with Myles

he never said that SMKC "was a band"

He says "all that stuff (guns, vr, solo) is something that I feel was an achievement and worth doing"

Unless you believe that "all that stuff" isn't in reference to all that stuff he'd listed right before saying "all the stuff"?

I think its just weird phrasing.

32 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well its missing the odd stroke victim and the odd non-comital dirt bike enthusiast but it seems to be Guns enough for the vast majority of its fanbase so who am I to argue?

nice way to describe two of the most swinging rhythm men in the business

ricky and franky would laugh at that

and yeah, of course the fanbase knows better

Just now, soon said:

He says "all that stuff (guns, vr, solo) is something that I feel was an achievement and worth doing"

Unless you believe that "all that stuff" isn't in reference to all that stuff he'd listed right before saying "all the stuff"?

I think its just weird phrasing.

i understood that

• Like 1

nice way to describe two of the most swinging rhythm men in the business

Thank you.

ricky and franky would laugh at that

Who?

and yeah, of course the fanbase knows better

Look at it this way boss, this time in 2015 you didn't have jack shit, now you've some key members back and a world tour, remember this is GnR, the least giving band in the history of popular music, be thankful for small mercies.  

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Look at it this way boss, this time in 2015 you didn't have jack shit, now you've some key members back and a world tour, remember this is GnR, the least giving band in the history of popular music, be thankful for small mercies.  

i don't think I have jack shit since that are only two key members playing in the band currently and it sounds awful

17 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

those two axl employees

Ah right :lol:

1 minute ago, ludurigan said:

i don't think I have jack shit since that are only two key members playing in the band currently and it sounds awful

I dunno man, I ain't really listened to em since that first gig back at the Troubador, was it the Troubador?  One of those Hollywood venues anyway.  I thought fans'd be pretty pleased.  And Axl, Slash, Duff, that's three members right?  Y'know what it is man, fans take this line up shit more serious than actual musicians, who seem more concerned with just playing overall, all the great bands have line up changes.  Granted, the GnR one was more a fuckin' exodus than a line up change but you got three out of five right now, thats better than one out of five, which is what you had before.  Mans entitled to his opinion though and I ain't been listening to em so maybe you're right.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Ah right :lol:

I dunno man, I ain't really listened to em since that first gig back at the Troubador, was it the Troubador?  One of those Hollywood venues anyway.  I thought fans'd be pretty pleased.  And Axl, Slash, Duff, that's three members right?  Y'know what it is man, fans take this line up shit more serious than actual musicians, who seem more concerned with just playing overall, all the great bands have line up changes.  Granted, the GnR one was more a fuckin' exodus than a line up change but you got three out of five right now, thats better than one out of five, which is what you had before.  Mans entitled to his opinion though and I ain't been listening to em so maybe you're right.

you know sometimes i wonder if i would care about line up changes if 1) the band sounded good and 2) the band actually wrote, recorded and performed (good) new songs from time to time

line up changes aren't really a problem, except when you replace irreplaceable members, and that is the case with izzy, slash and axl

you remove one of them and it changes everything

Edited by ludurigan