Aquaman

I saw Aquaman today. What an awesome movie! Tons of action and Jason Momoa's dry wit. The movie itself was so beautiful to watch! Such beautiful colors! it made me wish there really was an Atlantis.

I know it's a DC comic movie, but it had a great message about how we need to take better care of the land and seas. That part of the movie is so true.

Also after some of the immediate credits there is a scene which I figure will lead into the next Aquaman.

James Wan is an amazing director and after doing so many great horror films, directing one of the winter's blockbuster movies, he has to be so proud.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I think I'll wait and watch it when it's given a home release.

I am interested to see if there is a future for the DCEU after a few disappointments.

They have a bunch of films in production right now such as Shazam (June 2019), the Joaquin Phoenix Joker film (October 2019), an all-female suicide squad type of film with Harley Quinn called Birds of Prey (February 2020), and Wonder Woman 1984 (June 2020).

all of those sound interesting and self-contained enough to the point that I think it’s safe to say that DC will find its voice now making these weirder standalone type of movies, rather than trying to blatantly copy marvel like they were doing before.

Well, of course this movie was left open for a sequel. I know Aquaman was number 1 the first weekend, so I'm pretty sure a sequel will be done.

If you do see it in a theatre remember to stay for a bit to see the scene after the beginning of the credits. You don't have to wait until the end of all the credits, thank goodness.. lol

Call me crazy...I walked out of it.

There was probably a half hour left and I couldn't think of one thing I liked about the film. I couldn't think of one reason to stay...and I was hungry. The last movie I walked out of was Bad Santa 2 so that goes to show I have a high threshold for shitty movies.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 2:37 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Aquaman was second place this weekend and earned more millions of dollars.

Whatever at this rate, Jason Moamo is definitely more richer than he was before! Good for him!

And Amber Heard probably just made back all the Depp divorce money she gave away to charity!

Edited by moreblack

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:55 AM, moreblack said:

And Amber Heard probably just made back all the Depp divorce money she gave away to charity!

I didn't think she was all that great. I like JD a lot and I think she just married him for his money. Anyway, let's face it how much acting can you do in front of a green screen and a comic movie?

I love Jason Moamo, but doing comic book characters these days are big money movies because we all want to escape from the real world, but it's more about the action and the special effects than real acting.

A lot of serious actors are now doing comic book movies. Even Oscar winners know horror and action are where the money is and what viewers want to see.

I never see romantic movies. It's so full of it. And drama makes me depressed. I want to escape to the fantasy world when I see a movie.

On 1/14/2019 at 6:33 PM, Uncle Bob said:

Is there really people that pays for seeing a movie and then, in the middle of it walks out of it? what the fuck is wrong with you people?

I don’t know what country you’re out of, but I’m in the states and I have the AMC movie subscription.

It let’s me see 3 films a week for $20 a month, so I can take chances on films like Aquaman, where there isn’t one thing about it that appeals to me. 

Its nice because if you’re sitting through a really dreadful piece of shit, you can walk out and not feel cheated out of your cash.

On 15/01/2019 at 5:06 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, I've seen some shit movies like "The Lords of Salem", but never walked out on one. If I pay over $10, I will stick it out.

I guess it's up to the person in doing what they want to do. I liked Aquaman, but I'm a Jason Moamo fan and seeing him made me want to stay until the end. lol

I liked The Lords Of Salem :lol:

11 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I liked The Lords Of Salem :lol:

The beginning was okay, but the ending went off the rails. lol

I saw a Rob interview and he said after he filmed it he really didn't care if people hated it or loved it. I think at the end he didn't give a shit either.

I met Dee Wallace and told her I really didn't like the movie all that much. I know she was pissed because she told me what a genius Rob Zombie is. lol Whatever!

I would love to meet Rob one day and discuss this movie. lol

• Like 1

Regarding the future of the DC Cinematic Universe:

-Matt Reeves’ Batman movie is now set for a June 2021 release. Ben Affleck is officially 100% gone now (Affleck himself retweeted the story to confirm it). The new Batman will be younger. According to Reeves, the movie will have a “detective noir” feel, and will feature a large chunk of Batman’s villains as cameos, but Penguin will be the main villain tying it all together. He says they’re taking heavy inspiration from the 70s era comics, where Batman was more of a detective than anything else. Also, even though this new Batman will be young, there will apparently be no origin story this time (Reeves specifically said don’t expect an adaptation of Year One or anything like that). Batman and all of his villains will already be established before the start of the movie.

-Now that he’s been fired from Marvel, James Gunn is officially confirmed to be writing and directing a new suicide squad movie that will just be called “The Suicide Squad” and is being seen as a soft reboot that will feature an entirely new cast of characters. This movie is set for an August 2021 release.

Edited by rocknroll41

I heard Henry Cavil is also out as any future Batman.

As for a "younger" Batman, what else is new? Hollywood always goes for younger. Eventually, every X men and Avengers will get the boot and they will get younger actors to play them.

It happened to Rebecca Romjen and Hallie Barry. it should go by talent not by age. Stunt men and women do all the stunts and harder stunts anyway or else most of the Marvel and DC movies are all in front of a green screen and done with all CGI. Acting isn't one of the things you need to do. lol